• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Waves forward pack. Don't have much knowledge of backs so maybe someone could fill in

#1 Will McCormack
#2 Hunter Doyle
#3 ?
#4 Fin O'Sullivan
#5 Fin Wright
#6 Luca Morreti
#7 Joel Ellis
#8 Eden Rogers-Smith
Waves forward pack. Don't have much knowledge of backs so maybe someone could fill in

#1 Will McCormack
#2 Hunter Doyle
#3 ?
#4 Fin O'Sullivan
#5 Fin Wright
#6 Luca Morreti
#7 Joel Ellis
#8 Eden Rogers-Smith
Chip Kick, have a look at SDW's suggested team on the prior page. He will be very close to the final team. His forward line up,I believe will be spot on, and same for the backs. It is a very strong team.

rugbynut1066

Frank Row (1)
Knox lineup

1. Frear
2. Kennedy
3. Cutrone
4. Frost (Captain)
5. Humphrey
8. Trobec
9. Hanson
10. Mcinerny
11. Leigh
12. Woodcock
13. Cameron
14. Stenning

Knox line up looking decent, if Cameron can perform the way he has been playing in 16s in the opens age group then they will be pretty tough to beat.

No Dawson, Pavlakis, Galetta, Garing ?? I think the current 1sts and 2nds players will be selected before the current batch of 16A's.

AAaron

Bob McCowan (2)
Barker should be strong in 2017, so should aloys. Who were very strong in this year in the 16s and year 11 boys returning again. Barker could be very underestimated and could be the suprise packet of 2017.

MrTallTimber

Stan Wickham (3)
Knox lineup

1. Frear
2. Kennedy
3. Cutrone
4. Frost (Captain)
5. Humphrey
8. Trobec
9. Hanson
10. Mcinerny
11. Leigh
12. Woodcock
13. Cameron
14. Stenning

Mate this has got to be the biggest joke of a lineup, I'd rather have the young gun Scott at #1 over my main man Frear. This would heavily result in Knox retaining their CAS Title and more importantly would bring the fans to the sausage.... sizzle.

MrTallTimber

Stan Wickham (3)
This is team is from a biased knox 16s player. How does Kennedy, Trobec, Mcinerny and Leigh make it over already established players of Dawson, Garing, Pavlakis and Galletta???

I commend your wisdom sir. Please enlighten me on your other opinions? Perhaps the 6'2" 100+Kg beast known as Scott. Octavio Gallet is a definite position in the team.

B

Backline_Move

This is team is from a biased knox 16s player. How does Kennedy, Trobec, Mcinerny and Leigh make it over already established players of Dawson, Garing, Pavlakis and Galletta???

Do we really think Dawson was an integral member of the team this year?

The players coming through have so much more talent and potential.

The other three are likely to be in the mix definitely. My team isn't definitetly going to be the team along with most the presumptions on this forum.

The Medical Joker

Frank Row (1)
My knox line up
1. Dawson (1sts)
2. Cutrone (1sts injured)
3. Frear (16as)
4. Frost (1sts)
5. Humphrey (2nds)
6. O'brien (2nds)
7. Stenning (2nds)
8. Garing (2nds)
9. Hansen (3rds)
10. Woodcock (1sts)
11. Batchelor (2nds)
12. Myers (1sts)
13. Cameron (16as)
14. Zweck (1sts - newington)
15. Voysey (3rds) (captain)

The Knox juggernaut again looking like a powerhouse that will be hard to stop, an instering move as they have offered newington's Jack Zweck a full scholarship. However a very unique but well planned decision to have two 3rds players in the 1sts next year as they both showed promise and prospect during their season. It is said that Voysey struggled with injury and elected himself in the 3rds this season to avoid more chance of injury, all though one of his weakest seasons he will be breath taking to watch next year. Additionally Cutrone will be exciting to see when he pairs up with Zweck, the chemistry will be some of the best in CAS as they have played in numerous rep games, will be very hard to defend against

CASWaterBoy

Frank Row (1)
I think knox's biggest problem in 2017 is the halfback position. They have plenty of options but all lack in certain areas to which a halfback must excell at. The options are: Pavlakis, Hansen, Luland, possibly even Sam Rechnar???? What ever happened to Nicholas?? Should be in year 12 next year, is he still injured??

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
A "juggernaut " is unbeatable at top level and throughout the grades historically.
Calling Knox that is unfortunate to say the least, certainly wasn't the case throughout the ages this year and will most definitely won't be the case in 2017. I think other schools will prevail next year.

B

Backline_Move

A "juggernaut " is unbeatable at top level and throughout the grades historically.
Calling Knox that is unfortunate to say the least, certainly wasn't the case throughout the ages this year and will most definitely won't be the case in 2017. I think other schools will prevail next year.

There is no chance Knox will lose a game next year. There loss against Wavelrey this year was just a blip on the radar on their dominance that will continue for the next few years.

The players coming through are also a better caliber than presented Knox even this year. They won't make the same mistake this years team made.

B

Backline_Move

Alos won't be able to win a game again.

Barker will be easy beats.

Waverley doesn't have any good players left out of their winning team
This year basically.

Cranbrook will probably be the worst team in the comp.

And trinity is the worst coached team in the history of CAS!

Knox for the win.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes .... Correction ...Front row

1. McCormick
2. Doyle
3. Wright

Mcguiggan ... Would be in mix ... But based on incumbency
probably 2nds

Unless Finn wright likes being a non jumping 4, or gets
Stretched

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think knox's biggest problem in 2017 is the halfback position. They have plenty of options but all lack in certain areas to which a halfback must excell at. The options are: Pavlakis, Hansen, Luland, possibly even Sam Rechnar???? What ever happened to Nicholas?? Should be in year 12 next year, is he still injured??

I mentioned Watson previously , has the skills and vision necessary

R

Rod Knee

But again stating my point, Knox can't keep turning #15 into #9, they need to actually have a halfback who has been playing in that position there hole life

Alright boof, clearly you spent your playing days with your head in a scrum. What does a half back need you ask? Speed. Skills. Agility. And of course passing skills. Watson has all four, he is the prime candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.