• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

CASWaterBoy

Frank Row (1)
1. Wright (W)/McCormick (W)
2. Coghill (B)/Kennedy (K)
3. Cutrone(K)/Rahme (A)
4. Frost (K)
5. Flaherty (B)/Rogers-Smith (W)/Sullivan (A)
6. Reimer (B)/Murphy(W)
7. Molloy (W)
8. Moretti (W)
9. Chambers (T)/Kitchener (B)/ Tejcek (B)
10. Woodcock(K)/Donaldson (W)
11. Lloyd (B)/Pavlakis (K)
12. Stenmark (C)/Cornish(W)
13. Cameron (K)/Hardaker (W)
14. Hollingsworth-Dessent (T)/Myers (K)
15. Ilias (T)/Westbury (A)

These guys will likely be in the first or seconds or reserves somewhere.

Dawson (K) played CAS 2nds this year, so he is surely in with a chance

RugbyFan14

Herbert Moran (7)
With Knox's CAS Rugby team looking as strong as ever. Some may consider this the year for Knox to sweep all 6 of the major sports, these being Swimming, Athletics, Rugby, Soccer, Cricket and Basketball. This would be unprecedented and clearly show their sporting prowess.

Could be. They are enrolling such large numbers it becomes a numbers game.....

MrTallTimber

Stan Wickham (3)
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread but my sources tell me Knox have recently enrolled a 100Kg American from Cincinnati who is an absolute animal. Interesting to see how he competes this year with Knox's strong front row.

MrTallTimber

Stan Wickham (3)
1. Wright (W)/McCormick (W)
2. Coghill (B)/Kennedy (K)
3. Cutrone(K)/Rahme (A)
4. Frost (K)
5. Flaherty (B)/Rogers-Smith (W)/Sullivan (A)
6. Reimer (B)/Murphy(W)
7. Molloy (W)
8. Moretti (W)
9. Chambers (T)/Kitchener (B)/ Tejcek (B)
10. Woodcock(K)/Donaldson (W)
11. Lloyd (B)/Pavlakis (K)
12. Stenmark (C)/Cornish(W)
13. Cameron (K)/Hardaker (W)
14. Hollingsworth-Dessent (T)/Myers (K)
15. Ilias (T)/Westbury (A)

These guys will likely be in the first or seconds or reserves somewhere.

I think Wright's (W) admission into the team is a stretch. The rest seem to be up to scratch, hoping that CAS finally exerts their dominance over GPS this season.

The Medical Joker

Frank Row (1)
CAS 1sts prediction 2017

1. Wright (W)
2. Coghill (B)
3. Cutrone (K)
4. Frost (K)
5. Humphrey (K)
6. Stead (T)
7. Cornish (W) (if his knees hold up)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tejeck (B)
10. Woodcock (K)
11. Myers (K)
12. Stenmark (C)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Hollingsworth-Dessent (T)
15. Pavlakis (K)

B

Backline_Move

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread but my sources tell me Knox have recently enrolled a 100Kg American from Cincinnati who is an absolute animal. Interesting to see how he competes this year with Knox's strong front row.

I hear there is also a scholarship being given to a member of the Glassie family.. Will be very exciting times for us next year.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
CAS 1sts prediction 2017

1. Wright (W)
2. Coghill (B)
3. Cutrone (K)
4. Frost (K)
5. Humphrey (K)
6. Stead (T)
7. Cornish (W) (if his knees hold up)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tejeck (B)
10. Woodcock (K)
11. Myers (K)
12. Stenmark (C)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Hollingsworth-Dessent (T)
15. Pavlakis (K)
Um, clearly an avid Knox supporter,which is great, but your choices baring injury are way way way off. 7 players from Knox is extremely wishful, as an example, and there will be many from other school. There is a young man at Waverley in year 10 this year who next year will be the best CAS player running around. I haven't seen a boy this good for decades.
Knox will finish 4th next year!

AAaron

Bob McCowan (2)
CAS 1st Predictions 2017

1. Dawson (K)
2. Frear (K)
3. Cutrone (K)
4. Frost (K)
5. Humphrey (K)
6. Stenning (K)
7. Collins (K)
8. Garing (K)
9. Hansen (K)
10. Woodcock (K)
11. Myers (K)
12. Hardraker (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Lloyd (B)
15. Pavlakis (K)

Best CAS team for 2017 which will give gps a run for their money!!!

AAaron

Bob McCowan (2)
Um, clearly an avid Knox supporter,which is great, but your choices baring injury are way way way off. 7 players from Knox is extremely wishful, as an example, and there will be many from other school. There is a young man at Waverley in year 10 this year who next year will be the best CAS player running around. I haven't seen a boy this good for decades.

Sir, "knox will finish 4th next year" is utter nonsense. They will bring home the trophy for the 3rd year in a row!!!!

MrTallTimber

Stan Wickham (3)
CAS 1st Predictions 2017

1. Dawson (K)
2. Frear (K)
3. Cutrone (K)
4. Frost (K)
5. Humphrey (K)
6. Stenning (K)
7. Collins (K)
8. Garing (K)
9. Hansen (K)
10. Woodcock (K)
11. Myers (K)
12. Hardraker (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Lloyd (B)
15. Pavlakis (K)

Best CAS team for 2017 which will give gps a run for their money!!!

Possibly the best prediction I've seen so far on the site.

Up and under

Stan Wickham (3)
Sir, "knox will finish 4th next year" is utter nonsense. They will bring home the trophy for the 3rd year in a row!!!!

With Waverley College winning the 16A,4th XV,3rd XV,Runners-up in the 2nd XV and 1st XV (Joint Premiers) CAS competitions this year,they are looking good for season 2017.

Plenty of these boys are in Year 11 and with the inclusion of the U16 players,depth is as strong as ever.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Love your enthusiasm, you must have a sticky (k) button on your pad!

Anyway time will tell, good luck to all teams next year, and may the CAS thump the Geeps!

The Medical Joker

Frank Row (1)

Believe it or not, I am indeed a Waverley parent although it may not seem like it. After further review of my choices, I do agree there was some poor misguided judgement for team selections which I intend on correcting later. However, 4th is a bit harsh, Knox will easily contend for the championship although I don't think they will have the impact they had last year they still won 16a's and came a close 2nd in 15a's, this is in regards to the upcoming year 12's. Knox will contribute substantially to the CAS team. Should be an interesting year

Up the waves!

MrTallTimber

Stan Wickham (3)
As much as I'm sure you wish Knox will finish 4th, their facilities, coaching and overall program is clearly far superior to any other in the CAS. Coming from a neutral perspective I think your prediction may just be a little off.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
MJ, You ran a great smoke screen, well done.

I think we will find that the CAS 2017 team will have a fair mix of schools, probably mostly W and K. But IF, and probably a big IF, form plays a role in selections,then there could be a fair numbers from a few schools.

I think the Waverley side next year has a better chance than this years of winning. There are 5-6 forwards back, and some very talented young backs in contention. Knox will again be strong, they always are, but some other schools also have some good talent coming through.

I honestly don't think the CAS team you nominated will be too close,but of course we will see!

Knox didn't win the 16a's, Waverley did resoundingly.

The Medical Joker

Frank Row (1)
MJ, You ran a great smoke screen, well done.

I think we will find that the CAS 2017 team will have a fair mix of schools, probably mostly W and K. But IF, and probably a big IF, form plays a role in selections,then there could be a fair numbers from a few schools.

I think the Waverley side next year has a better chance than this years of winning. There are 5-6 forwards back, and some very talented young backs in contention. Knox will again be strong, they always are, but some other schools also have some good talent coming through.

I honestly don't think the CAS team you nominated will be too close,but of course we will see!

Knox didn't win the 16a's, Waverley did resoundingly.

"WLF" in regards to the 16a's I was referring to the 16a's of 2015

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Mr TT,

I absolutely agree that Knox has the best facilities, and probably more resources ie boys than any other CAS school, never in doubt.

Best program and coaching?
I think they were out coached this year by the Waverley coaches, as witnessed as Death Valley. Furthermore, the results throughout the grades don't support this assumption in 2016.

Having said that Knox is a very professional school and is always competitive, which is their doing. I believe the fun in this forum is at times the banter we have, otherwise it would all be rather boring, and if we all went for the same side it would be very boring!

MrTallTimber

Stan Wickham (3)
Mr TT,

I absolutely agree that Knox has the best facilities, and probably more resources ie boys than any other CAS school, never in doubt.

Best program and coaching?
I think they were out coached this year by the Waverley coaches, as witnessed as Death Valley. Furthermore, the results throughout the grades don't support this assumption in 2016.

Having said that Knox is a very professional school and is always competitive, which is their doing. I believe the fun in this forum is at times the banter we have, otherwise it would all be rather boring, and if we all went for the same side it would be very boring!

Totally agree with your sentiments WLF but only one quarrel. The amount of boys at Knox do not accurately represent the rugby program, a majority of Knox's enrolments are those of the international variety.

Firmly agree with the fact that banter underpins the entire forum, a healthy discussion breeds fun and camaraderie between the CAS schools all striving for the common goal of beating the Geeps

Status
Not open for further replies.