• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
my mail is a pretty handy prop (with rep experience) is moving from $cots to Waverley in 2017

only question is whether he will play in the weakish 16As, helping bolster their forwards,

or if he will trial for Opens . given there are 2 returning props (Wright & McCormack), guessing he will bide his time

and shows how age groups can fluctuate from strong to weak, and then back to strong (hopefully) :)
SDW, I heard today that Eden Rodgers Smith did his knee again,at Easts league training, and may be out for some time, if not the season. Think the school needs to ban outside influences! Understand some kids may make a living one day from footy but at this age this can be devastating.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
SDW, I heard today that Eden Rodgers Smith did his knee again,at Easts league training, and may be out for some time, if not the season. Think the school needs to ban outside influences! Understand some kids may make a living one day from footy but at this age this can be devastating.
100% agree ... wavcol should be doing more to discourage the league preseason- every year it is the same sorry tale ... massive loss that . Sadly knees injured young are invariably easily reinjured

So many examples

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
The number of knee injuries coming out of the junior roosters prog makes me think someone is doing something wrong

I am out of touch with what is agreed upon training for leg development

But I do know that back in my day, I had a series of medial ligament issues and one physio had be doing leg extensions as part of rehab

However another one told me leg extensions are an unnatural exercise, and once I stopped doing them I never had another knee injury ...

As I say I am not a knee expert

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I see in the WavCol 2017 Calendar, reference to "CAS Rugby 7s" on Saturday March 25

has anyone got any details, as the CAS website is the last place I would expect any useful info? :mad:

also whether any CAS schools will then be backing up for Scots 7s the following weekend

last year I thought Waverley did commendably at Scots 7s ... but assuming Waverley won't be there on 1 April, care of the trial versus View?

S

sidelineview

The number of knee injuries coming out of the junior roosters prog makes me think someone is doing something wrong

I am out of touch with what is agreed upon training for leg development

But I do know that back in my day, I had a series of medial ligament issues and one physio had be doing leg extensions as part of rehab

However another one told me leg extensions are an unnatural exercise, and once I stopped doing them I never had another knee injury .

As I say I am not a knee expert

You never had another knee injury after you stopped sidestepping.

CNorth

Herbert Moran (7)
I see in the WavCol 2017 Calendar, reference to "CAS Rugby 7s" on Saturday March 25

has anyone got any details, as the CAS website is the last place I would expect any useful info? :mad:

also whether any CAS schools will then be backing up for Scots 7s the following weekend

last year I thought Waverley did commendably at Scots 7s . but assuming Waverley won't be there on 1 April, care of the trial versus View?

According to the scots website view will be playing in the sevens. Doubt if 1 and 2 s will be playing games waves if that's the case

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
According to the scots website view will be playing in the sevens. Doubt if 1 and 2 s will be playing games waves if that's the case

CN,I would certainly hope that both sides will put their strongest 15 team on the field when they play each other. Or do you mean some of views best players will be at the scots 7's?
I am surprised view are listed at the scots venue given that they have a game on that Saturday against Waverley in all age groups.

CNorth

Herbert Moran (7)
CN,I would certainly hope that both sides will put their strongest 15 team on the field when they play each other. Or do you mean some of views best players will be at the scots 7's?
I am surprised view are listed at the scots venue given that they have a game on that Saturday against Waverley in all age groups.

No idea just what I read. However the original draw didn't have waves playing view until May

kiwiburd

Stan Wickham (3)
Barkers opens squad this year is far from second class and is great in depth, unlike recent years. There is no doubting that this years team will be brawny and heavy-duty. Most players striving for a spot in a Red Jersey have a lot of experience as a large handful were part of the 2016 side . My prediction of the 2017 side is as follows:

1. Sam Chalmers (1sts)
2. Matt Coghill (1sts, CAS 2, NSW Schools Shadow)
3. Reeve Mcclelland (2nds)
4. Harry Flaherty (16A/1sts, CAS 16's)
5. Mac Northcote (1sts)
6. Hugh Melchior (1sts)
7. Jeremy Hutton (1sts)
8. Luke Reimer (1sts, CAS 16's, Sydney U16's)
9. David Tejeck (1sts, CAS 16's)
10. Josh Nercessian (import from Central Coast)
11. Kyle Galloway (15A, NSW U15 Rep)
12. Will Harding (back from injury)
13. Matt Graham (16A)
14. Falito Van Woerkom (1sts)
15. Will Lloyd (1sts)

B

Backline_Move

^^^^

While I appreciate there may be some improvement, listing the barker team as strong because they have players back from last year doesn't take into account they were slaughtered by a Knox team that will also have multiple players back this year.

11 players in that team let in 322 points. Unless somehow they become substantially better, the 8+ players that have firsts experience at Knox only let in 118. All this talk about Barker being strong this year is frankly ridiculous.

CNorth

Herbert Moran (7)
^^^^

While I appreciate there may be some improvement, listing the barker team as strong because they have players back from last year doesn't take into account they were slaughtered by a Knox team that will also have multiple players back this year.

11 players in that team let in 322 points. Unless somehow they become substantially better, the 8+ players that have firsts experience at Knox only let in 118. All this talk
about Barker being strong this year is frankly ridiculous.

Is that the same Knox team that were slaughtered by joeys??

B

Backline_Move

only 6. No doubt baker were at full strength though.

They probably weren't.

But even there much lauded player (Luke Reimer) didn't make the CAS u16's team when it was first announced.

Knox will be undoubtedly a better team than Barker and everyone in CAS.

We have also been training very hard to make sure we wipe that smug look off the faces of the GPS comp.

B

Backline_Move

We will wait and see.

It will be a great start to win the 7's Comp in a few weeks as a starting board. It helps we have the NSW schools 7's captain in our squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.