• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can you confirm that he is turning 19 this year? If so, is he still playing?

Lamens is a late 1998 birthday - he has done other sport up an age.

I can't confirm if he is playing this year - remains to be seen. If he does - it makes it very hard for Cranbrook to take the moral high ground on anything.

Would it be tough on him not to be able to play? Yes.

B

Backline_Move

Very much looking forward to a dominant 7's performance from Knox this weekend.

Knox will very likely win each every group - the only hard one is looking to be the 15's.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Personally I think sevens suits Waverleys unstructured style of rugby, so think they will fare pretty well in most age groups.

If Knox brings their top line players, think they should be favourites in the opens

It doesn't however seem to be the full scots style tournament ... so I think it is going to be a bit of a hit-out ... with not too much to be read from results

Re frost on moretti ... scheez i think moretti will rip in 2

Think frost will only have it over moretti in the air

Sg ball is a pretty solid arena to prepare yourself, and thankfully this year (at least so far) no season Enders from it

B

Backline_Move

^^^

You would think it would.

Frost is ten times the player Moretti is. And it was shown last year.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
^^^

You would think it would.

Frost is ten times the player Moretti is. And it was shown last year.

Is it true that the Knox v Augustine's trials were cancelled last week, even though Knox offered to host when the grounds Augustines were using were closed. I'm told that Augustines declined the offer.

leftrightout16

Peter Burge (5)
Very little talk about Cranbrook, with the loss of Lamens they will be definitely be struggling. Interesting to see how they perform against Aloys and Trinity. They had a few promising players last year including Stenmark and May and had quite a successful seconds side.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Very much looking forward to a dominant 7's performance from Knox this weekend.

Knox will very likely win each every group - the only hard one is looking to be the 15's.

BM, think you have let us know some inside info.

Clearly Knox have recruited a lot of star players from other schools in every age group.Last year in the age groups Knox couldn't win a chook raffle, even with twice as many boys as the other school.

Having listened carefully to many people's views, from all the schools, clearly the winners in each age group will be as follows:

1sts and most open teams : Waverley.
16a's : Aloys or Cranbrook.
15a's : Trinity.
14a's : Waverley.
13a's : Waverley.

Pretty much the same as last year as these teams progress through the age groups.

Barker could well surprise in some age groups, other than that, it is what it is.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
BenAdams, Waverley plays view next week

this week is 7s :D

while I have no doubt it will be entertaining, it is sounding like in the Opens, all the schools are using it, as an opportunity to blood players

so a lot of the big name players, will be watching from the sidelines

either way, it will be a heavy track, so ground will be nice and soft, and Cranbrook and Knox would be well advised to leave their white jerseys at home :mad:

the Waverley 15, as I understand it:
Donaldson, Eyles, Wallace, Rayner, France, Baldwin, Andrews, Thorn, O'sullivan, Szabo, Whiteman, Cam, McCormick, Wright, Cornish and Moretti

although that is 16?!

any other team lists?

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Knox are sending their 3rd XV to 7s and their 1sts and 2nds to play Stannies in Bathurst. I don't have the team list for 7s, but there would not be too many familiar names on it. I suspect looking at Waves 15 it will have it all sown up. An understandable decision, but it would have been interesting to watch the best of Knox take on the double V

Status
Not open for further replies.