• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tractor

Bob McCowan (2)
I heard from one of the players that the St Pats v Knox games this Saturday 22nd April are on Breen Oval at St Pats. 2nd XV at 10am, 1st XV at 11:15am.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Barker is playing Marist Canberra today in Canberra. Barkers 16As won 51 nil....score update in the firsts. Marist lead 10/5.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
13/5 to Marist... Marist have a bigger pack and their defense has been very stout. one try each but the Marist kicker is slotting home penalties.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Barker scored two tries to one but lost 16/13. Good quality game where the size of Marist in the 1st half gave way to a more up beat tempo by Barker in the 2nd half. Some stout defense by both sides. Barker a tad unlucky with crossing the Marist line twice in the 2nd half only to be held up. A penalty at the death for offside (the first of the game) gave a valiant Marist team a good win.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Knox 45 defeated St Pats 21 (7 tries to 3). The halftime score was 21 - 14 to St Pats. Knox looked to be shifting sides - a lot of 3rds in the 2nds and 2nds in the 1sts. They also looked to missing a couple of players. Knox ran the ball a bit and looked to be more backs orientated than forward based. St Pats were enthusiastic and willing. They looked quite a well balanced side with some size in the forwards and backs. They did well in the line outs.

The seconds was was by Knox around 50 to nil.

It was a pleasant way to send a morning out at Strathfield.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Waverley and Knox definitely won't want to take Barker lightly

I remember last year before Barker I thought Waverley were bit complacent re Barker, as they knew Barker were a very young team

although I guess they were right

in 2017, Barker could easily prove genuine title contenders, particularly with the 1 round format

particularly given Barker face Waverley at home, with what should be good home ground support, and a new stand?

Reactions: WLF
Status
Not open for further replies.