• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Barker 1st Xv defeated St Edmunds 31/26

Rod,

It is becoming very evident that Barker are seriously in the 1st XV game this year. Their results to date have been strong and that is great!
I hope there are a number of CAS teams that are strong for the the CAS and when they play the GPS. White Line Fever (Waverley).

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Rod,

It is becoming very evident that Barker are seriously in the 1st XV game this year. Their results to date have been strong and that is great!
I hope there are a number of CAS teams that are strong for the the CAS and when they play the GPS. White Line Fever (Waverley).

It is good to see WLF as things were in some doubt with the loss of Buffa and Coghill. Other players have stepped up. Should be a great season to watch

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
good news IMHO that Waverley's deputy head has now been made the Head

being ex Nudgee (deputy) and loving his rugby and weights (I am told), sounding like he has slotted seamlessly into Waverley culture

and probably a better cultural fit, long-term than the previous headmaster

or at least that's the impression I get

anyone got any form info on Kings ... as Waverley seem to have shown some good pre-season form, but it will no doubt get tougher over the next few weeks... culminating in the match up against a Joeys, that no doubt will rebound from some patchy early season form

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
good news IMHO that Waverley's deputy head has now been made the Head

being ex Nudgee (deputy) and loving his rugby and weights (I am told), sounding like he has slotted seamlessly into Waverley culture

and probably a better cultural fit, long-term than the previous headmaster

or at least that's the impression I get

anyone got any form info on Kings . as Waverley seem to have shown some good pre-season form, but it will no doubt get tougher over the next few weeks. culminating in the match up against a Joeys, that no doubt will rebound from some patchy early season form

SDW,

I have 2 boys currently at school, so my intel is pretty reasonable.

The new Headmaster is extremely impressive and I believe most people will be very happy that the "system" has recognised a winner when they see one.

He is a doer and a great bloke!

S

sidelineview

Waverley take on Kings this Saturday.
What are the other games on?

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
sidelineview said:
Waverley take on Kings this Saturday.
What are the other games on?

From the GPS calendar.

1st XV
Kn v I, K v W, E v B, O v N, J & S Absent

3rd XV
E v H, TAS v KWS, SAC v G

B

Backline_Move

Knox is coming for View this weekend. All guns blazing.

Expect a cricket score.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
We'll be trying a new format of reporting on CAS matches this year.

They will be limited to 500 words which is not a lot.

If anybody is interested please send me a "Conversation" - by clicking on "Inbox" on the top right - then on "Start a New Conversation" and go for it.

Don't mention it here - it the past many of the people who offered to write in the forum did not respond afterwards - but those who took the trouble to get through to me by "convo" were the ones that followed through.

Although the competition won't start for a few weeks there are trials on before then so we could try out the new system beforehand.

There are trial games on tomorrow so if you are so inclined we could start then. Just contact me as mentioned above and I will give you more details (not here please).

Why not give it a go?

Thank you.

LG

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Knox is coming for View this weekend. All guns blazing.

Expect a cricket score.

Based on lasts year's results you could be right :D

Seriously though, given View have just arrived home from US tour, I suspect Knox will surprise the GPS faithful.....

B

Backline_Move

Based on lasts year's results you could be right :D

Seriously though, given View have just arrived home from US tour, I suspect Knox will surprise the GPS faithful...

We have arrived back from NZ after dominating overseas.

Compared to the US we are already in front.

Looking forward to destroying the arrogant GPS schools one by one.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
We have arrived back from NZ after dominating overseas

Yes I am sure that the schedule of 1 game over the entire week must have tired the boys out terribly. Glad to hear you dominated (singular)......

Good luck with step one of your quest. Arrogance V Hubris?;)

PicknGo

Frank Nicholson (4)
Knox 2017 Draw:

29/4 Knox vs View - we will easily win (50+)

View 1st XV to play Knox tomorrow is as follows - included team they played last year. Majority of players were in 1st/2nds last year. These are teams that came runners in up GPS 1st/2nds last year so they have some form. I think your prediction of 50+ pt win to Knox is optimistic.......It should be a good game.
Position Name Team in 2016
1 Samuel Johnston 16A?
2 William McLennan 1st XV
3 Clancy Donnan 2nd XV
4 Samuel Rigney 2nd XV
5 Joshua Pulvirenti 16A ?
6 Jack Allsopp 2nd XV
7 Charles Rorke 1st XV
8 Angus Garraway Injured
9 William Grant 1st XV
10 Macintyre Bird 2nd XV
11 Sebastian Cameron 3rd XV
12 Dominic Easy 1st XV
13 Angus Bell 2nd XV
14 Matthew Dutaillis 16A
15 Ignacio Bonsembiante 2nd XV

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Whilst I admire BMs absolute conviction on these matters, I don't share it and suspect most Knox supporters know that Riverview and indeed all of the GPS match ups will be very tough. Hopefully all matches will be competitive and enjoyable to watch for CAS and GPS supporters alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.