• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
As much as we all hate to think about it, the CAS competition this year will be a two horse race and will come down to the last round.

I think this new format has only strengthened Waverley and Knox and weaken the others. I saw Trinity lost to Joeys thirds...

When Knox/Waverley play the likes of Cranbrook in a few weeks, it's going to be a pretty sad day for schoolboy footy and could potentially be dangerous for player safety. Nobody wants to watch 80+ points each week it's not fun for anybody.

I hope this new trial system we have seen this year eventually translates into a tier competition. Maybe even with ISA and possibly even some CHS schools.

Oh well, some good rugby to be played this weekend. Joeys V Waverley at HH and Knox V Newington at Knox 1 to be the highlights

Have you seen Barker play yet old bean? If not, i would not be so confident.

richard powell

Allen Oxlade (6)
i was at the Barker v Aloys game and i gotta say i thought Barker were excellent. They are very well drilled and the outside backs are fast and elusive.The hype around Reimer was justified, he is a very aggressive and genuine footballer.
Just a quick congrads to the Aloys 16-a's who just seem to know how to win.

Tahmen

Frank Nicholson (4)
Does anybody know where the Knox v Newington game is going to be played? The Newington website says at Newington but I had heard it was at Knox 1

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Really hope they get a good referee for joeys v Waverley

As at home joeys crowd are going to be vocal, and this crop of joeys coaches are big whiners... if they players get hit it's foul play, same thing happens and joeys are delivering it, all is fine and dandy

While I rate joeys forwards as better than Waverley's, there are some hard hitting forwards in the Waverley pack

So it's going to be bruising

And outside of Dowling and Reilly, I think joeys backs are weak by joeys stellar historical standards

So if Waverley is to win , it will be by avoiding silly yellow cards, getting enough quality ball and carving up the joeys backs

If joeys were like the joeys of old they would be watering the pitch as we speak

And nullify Waverleys potent backs

Anyway should be interesting day ../ not sure of scheduling but would be good to view 13As, 14As and 1sts

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ps sorry to hear about concussed joeys back, but glad it wasn't Reilly, as he is an exciting player... Waverley might want to be vigilant as to attempted intercepts

Reilly no doubt could sink you with a length of a field heart breaker

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)

As at home joeys crowd are going to be vocal, and this crop of joeys coaches are big whiners. if they players get hit it's foul play, same thing happens and joeys are delivering it, all is fine and dandy

While I rate joeys forwards as better than Waverley's, there are some hard hitting forwards in the Waverley pack

So it's going to be bruising

And outside of Dowling and Reilly, I think joeys backs are weak by joeys stellar historical standards

So if Waverley is to win , it will be by avoiding silly yellow cards, getting enough quality ball and carving up the joeys backs

If joeys were like the joeys of old they would be watering the pitch as we speak

And nullify Waverleys potent backs

Anyway should be interesting day ../ not sure of scheduling but would be good to view 13As, 14As and 1sts

"I think Joeys backs are weak etc " - I think SDW you may revisit that quote after you see a young bloke called Tom Eveleigh (if he's fit for this week - there is a question mark). The hits he made last week caused a lot of dropped ball and his combination with Reilly was a thing of beauty.

The other standout was Yr 11 Creagh at 10 who started understandably nervously but had a huge game against the Scots boys.

Joeys forwards also hit very hard in defence & have speed to burn so what a match up this game should be.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
I haven't seen Joeys play this season, but having more star players than the opposition is not a pre-requisite to them winning. You can always count on Joeys being well drilled, good at the set piece, disciplined, having good line speed and being all over the breakdown. Waverley will need to play at their very best, and leave behind the indiscipline that sometimes blights their game, to have a real shot at HH. I think they have the individual talent to give it a go, but whether they can put it all together as a team will be critical.

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
I haven't seen Joeys play this season, but having more star players than the opposition is not a pre-requisite to them winning. You can always count on Joeys being well drilled, good at the set piece, disciplined, having good line speed and being all over the breakdown. Waverley will need to play at their very best, and leave behind the indiscipline that sometimes blights their game, to have a real shot at HH. I think they have the individual talent to give it a go, but whether they can put it all together as a team will be critical.

Should be a great game & test for both schools.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)

As at home joeys crowd are going to be vocal, and this crop of joeys coaches are big whiners. if they players get hit it's foul play, same thing happens and joeys are delivering it, all is fine and dandy

The referee appointed won't be overawed by the occasion.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
i was at the Barker v Aloys game and i gotta say i thought Barker were excellent. They are very well drilled and the outside backs are fast and elusive.The hype around Reimer was justified, he is a very aggressive and genuine footballer.
Just a quick congrads to the Aloys 16-a's who just seem to know how to win.

Hi dick,

Great to see the mighty Aloys 16as continue to be very good, jeeze they punch above their weight, clearly plenty of skill and ticker.
Is your boy in this team?

From all reports the Barker side is solid and will be a force in the CAS, what are your thoughts re Aloys 1st XV?

Talk soonish re our catch up.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
just been announced today: Barker 1st are playing Joeys seconds at joeys before the Waverley 1s Joeys 1s game.

If so,

Not sure why Barker would agree to this, imo, a 1stXV should never play 2nd fiddle to another game, unless it's a test match but playing in the under card before a team you will play in the CAS comp isn't right IMO.

Some might say it's a shrewd play to see what you will be up against, but when you see what you are up against, that may well back fire.

Any thoughts guys?

S

sidelineview

If so,

Not sure why Barker would agree to this, imo, a 1stXV should never play 2nd fiddle to another game, unless it's a test match but playing in the under card before a team you will play in the CAS comp isn't right IMO.

Some might say it's a shrewd play to see what you will be up against, but when you see what you are up against, that may well back fire.

Any thoughts guys?

The organisers must be trying to match up teams of a similar standard. Sounds like a good idea.
See how it pans out.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Barker and Waverley probably have 11 open teams between them...Joeys have 12 this year. It makes sense except that the except the organisers are not looking at all grades playing. I have no idea who Barker 2nds are playing or where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.