• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
Hi WLF

No gee up. 15-15 was the end score, in fact we actually should have won. The game was called off with about 3 mins to go with us attacking their line and a scrum feed.

We had a few boys return from our massive injury list, and quite frankly, they were very one dimensional. Biff and bash up front and nothing else.

We scored first, and I think we just got a bit of confidence from that. They also didn't have their good winger playing, who I gather is now out for the rest of the season. Their good front rower was also injured at the end & when I left, they were still on the ground waiting for an ambulance, so I hope he was OK.

Although an improved effort from the Cranbrook 14A's, I feel they were definitely weaker and you guys should blow them apart. We also won easily the B's & C's

Sounds like it was a very close call in the 1sts.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Hi WLF

No gee up. 15-15 was the end score, in fact we actually should have won. The game was called off with about 3 mins to go with us attacking their line and a scrum feed.

We had a few boys return from our massive injury list, and quite frankly, they were very one dimensional. Biff and bash up front and nothing else.

We scored first, and I think we just got a bit of confidence from that. They also didn't have their good winger playing, who I gather is now out for the rest of the season. Their good front rower was also injured at the end & when I left, they were still on the ground waiting for an ambulance, so I hope he was OK.

Although an improved effort from the Cranbrook 14A's, I feel they were definitely weaker and you guys should blow them apart. We also won easily the B's & C's

Sounds like it was a very close call in the 1sts.

I apologise Bolivia, and I withdraw that leading question on the mercy rule!

That was a great result, you guys were clearly short on troops when we played you, shows what a difference when a few stars come back, well done to your boys because Trinity are a big strong bruising pack,.

The 1sts on Sat. was 1 of those 1 in a decade epic games, some of our players said it was the most physical game they had ever played in, that includes a lot of years and club.

I am sure there could have been a multitude of heart attacks from the huge crowd. It was unbelievable. A draw was probably the right result.

Cheers mate.

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)
How do you all think the coaches and players would feel about all the inside selections and team lists and tactics being leaked before a game? A lot of it is from Waverley, some from a couple of other schools but nothing from Knox. No secrets are getting out from the upper north shore by the looks of things.

S

sidelineview

How do you all think the coaches and players would feel about all the inside selections and team lists and tactics being leaked before a game? A lot of it is from Waverley, some from a couple of other schools but nothing from Knox. No secrets are getting out from the upper north shore by the looks of things.

You could have a point there or maybe its no big deal.

How did you go with your predictions of CAS players being selected for State and National teams?

Frost, from the upper north shore the only one to go anywhere near being selected in a National team and 5 at the most to make a State team? Finn Wright lucky to make NSW2?

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
I don't think there is that much leaking. I think it is the speculation of old blokes like myself with not much things better to do who find amusement in publishing speculative guesses up here, rather than watching Masterchef or some other reality show crap, or in developing a deep and meaningful relationship with the Wife (baaah ha ha!!).

Also beats workin'. Post something and see what happens. Small minds mate. Lovin'' it.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Buggered that eh. Waves and Trinity - 20 to waves Alos over cranbrook by 10

You're funny bastard,

Your first attempt re the other games was the only option to be wrong but you bounced back, good work.

Now my turn.

1. Aloys over Cranbrook by 20.
2. Trinity over Waves by 30.
3. Barker over Knox by 15.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Well I tend to be Barker centric. All else is incidental. Trinity over Waves - you being' cheeky again WLF? And by 30? You been eaten' those magic mushrooms again?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Well I tend to be Barker centric. All else is incidental. Trinity over Waves - you being' cheeky again WLF? And by 30? You been eaten' those magic mushrooms again?

Ha, I knew you are Barker centric but not completely as you picked up the elephant in the room.
Wasn't sure if the haze from last sat had passed, but you will feel better this sat.

Quietly confident of a Waves win.

Wayne McLean

Peter Burge (5)
Knox will win v Barker with a superior set piece & solid 10 & 15.
Barker will b flat. Roll on the KNOX Juggernaut for 3 years in a row as prem or joint prem in position to take on Waves at home.
Knox 19 Barker 3

S

sidelineview

The Barker players would have recovered physically from their tough game against Waverley by Saturday as long as there were no injuries.
I'm guessing the game plan will need to be adjusted to have a chance of defeating Knox. They've proved they can defend well but might need to get Lloyd involved more in attack.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
I know all is right with the world again SLV when we see Knox Juggernaut speak. Relaxing now......

If the Barker team has mentally recovered from the match last week I expect the first ten minutes to be a Germanic like blitzkrieg from the Barker forwards.

The thing is they are absolutely superbly fit and they will keep up that Blitzkrieg for another ten minutes. Then another ten minutes. I expect Knox to be in shock at the intensity and to make errors. I dont expect they will have quite the same composure as Waves.

If Barker can capitalise on those errors and use its back line speed then we may see an upset. But I think in reality it is too close to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.