• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
And the above comment is a bit Captain Obvious. There may be more pulled out of the hat yet. The Boys will have to dig deep after last week. It is games like this one which reveal character in players and the quality of the team. Rugby was made for these moments.

S

sidelineview

I know all is right with the world again SLV when we see Knox Juggernaut speak. Relaxing now..

If the Barker team has mentally recovered from the match last week I expect the first ten minutes to be a Germanic like blitzkrieg from the Barker forwards.

The thing is they are absolutely superbly fit and they will keep up that Blitzkrieg for another ten minutes. Then another ten minutes. I expect Knox to be in shock at the intensity and to make errors. I dont expect they will have quite the same composure as Waves.

If Barker can capitalise on those errors and use its back line speed then we may see an upset. But I think in reality it is too close to call.

LOL. The Knox juggernaut is back, in a timely fashion. Thats good.

I agree; it depends how they have recovered mentally, but they're young and keen and obviously have a great desire to win, especially against the Knox juggernaut.

Putting pressure on Knox through their relentless defence could force errors and being ready to take advantage by getting the ball to their speed men in broken play might be the key. Mistakes and penalties as usual will be crucial. They wont want to be giving the ball back to Knox too often.

They proved last week they can follow a game plan but this week they might have to ad lib a bit.

Their kicking game will be important as well. It would probably be wiser to kick for touch rather than giving Pavlakis a chance to run in broken play.

One thing's for sure; they wont be leaving anything on the field.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah the B team has shape shifted and morphed over the last couple of games.It is not the same team it was last game. Keeps developing.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
An interesting round coming up
Match of the round would have to be Barker v Knox @ Knox

and while Knox should be good enough, I think Barker are building in confidence, and could pull an upset

However Barker won't be able to dominant the line-outs (or the set piece) as they did against Waverley, and unless they can find a way to get Lloyd more involved, I'd have to tip Knox in a good arm wrestle ... with Pavlakis proving the difference

Next you have Trinity v Waverley at Trinity ... and Waverley won't want to be coming into the game complacent, or getting ahead of themselves .... as you only have to look at Trinity's earlier season result against Knox
Trinity Grammar 26 V 31 Knox Grammar

however Trinity is going to be missing a couple of key players, and Waverley will be bolstered by the return of Finn Wright ... so think Waverley will account for Trinity relatively comfortably

Finally the bottom of the table clash ... sorry can't find a nicer way to put it ... Cranbrook v Aloys

two teams that have struggled but both have shown plenty of spirit

hard to call ... although think Aloys narrow favourites ... between the home ground advantage and the fact that they do have some good young players from last years 16As

and gather a few Cranbrook players under an injury cloud ... with no real cover

so tipping ... Knox, Waverley and Aloys ... all of which hopefully sets up a good final round

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Trinity are provocative in the forwards which may lead to a typical response unless W keep the discipline up. Expect the Ref to go for the pocket ....

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
It is an expression I use SLV when I am describing a referee about to pull out a yellow or red card.
Has been is famous for it with a skinful at a Waratah's game yelling out "He's goin' for the pocket" just before said Ref extracts said yellow or red card

S

sidelineview

It is an expression I use SLV when I am describing a referee about to pull out a yellow or red card.
Has been is famous for it with a skinful at a Waratah's game yelling out "He's goin' for the pocket" just before said Ref extracts said yellow or red card

Ok, I get it. going for his pocket.
You're right, we dont need any cards, especially red ones leading into the last round. It's too easy to get carded these days.

B

Backline_Move

Expect the Knox juggernaught to really take flight this week with a an easy win by 25+ Before they trample home over the Waverley mob next week.

This week will be a walk in the park and next week will be our victory lap.

#caspremiers2017Knox

S

sidelineview

Yeah the B team has shape shifted and morphed over the last couple of games.It is not the same team it was last game. Keeps developing.

It's good to see the Knox juggernaut is cocky. That will work in your favour.

leftrightout16

Peter Burge (5)
A few great games lined up for this weekend. My few thoughts on Brook Vs Aloys. Aloys beat Brook in the trials by 20 and since then Brook has lost 3 or 4 significant players however have put some dominant first half performances on Knox and Trinity. As much as I'd love for brook to come through, I believe that Aloys will take the victory by a close margin just due to their younger years ability and Cranbrook's lack of depth. I'll give live scores on the weekend in what I believe will be a great battle for the wooden spoon.

I'll also call Knox to beat barker and waves to beat trinity.

Wayne McLean

Peter Burge (5)
#3inarow

#knoxdynasty

#knoxjuggernaught
Apparently during the week the 1st XV had an inspirational talk from the schools spiritual leader Cadet Captain Phillipa Henniker. He mentioned the essence of working hard for each other in the trenches just like soldiers in WW1/WW2 in order to withstand the Barker Blitzkrieg. Apparently when their try line is under fire the call will be " Oh Captain my captain" from the famous 1865 poem by Walt Whitman. It's about putting your body on the line" in that important game of inches(A.Pacino Any Giving Sunday)

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
No hate ... just playful banter.

I do love that North Korean sledge on backline move

At the end of the day it is all just good fun

And dreams of world dominance are just that dreams

It's never the coaches that go to far,its dad (and sometimes grand dad) that takes that support just a fraction too far

You'd think they were playing for sheep stations

Status
Not open for further replies.