• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

Apparently during the week the 1st XV had an inspirational talk from the schools spiritual leader Cadet Captain Phillipa Henniker. He mentioned the essence of working hard for each other in the trenches just like soldiers in WW1/WW2 in order to withstand the Barker Blitzkrieg. Apparently when their try line is under fire the call will be " Oh Captain my captain" from the famous 1865 poem by Walt Whitman. It's about putting your body on the line" in that important game of inches(A.Pacino Any Giving Sunday)

Phillipa is a ''he''?

The call may be ''o where o where is Phillipa"

S

sidelineview

No hate . just playful banter.

I do love that North Korean sledge on backline move

At the end of the day it is all just good fun

And dreams of world dominance are just that dreams

It's never the coaches that go to far,its dad (and sometimes grand dad) that takes that support just a fraction too far

You'd think they were playing for sheep stations

Reeking of self righteousness.
and sometimes its the brave faceless keyboard warriors like SDW who take their cheap shots a fraction too far.

S

sidelineview

Oh that is Rich sideline view. Let's keep the north shore mother mummy boy claws out of this please. Sonny Dill is a quality contributed to this blog.
Is this what some of you A R U employees do all day ??

North shore? ARU employee?
makes no sense but its good to see you warming up for this time of the year.

Wayne McLean

Peter Burge (5)
Phillipa is a ''he''?

Phillipa is a ''he''?

Well HE will be there in full KNOX military regalia apparently in support of the team. The boys will summons him from the stands to lead some war cries too particularly when defending their lines be it the Weeks Master Plan KG Building End or the Senior Academy End with its rather large pointy tower a symbol of Juggernaut Power & the school motto # The Man ly thing is being done #

S

sidelineview

Well HE will be there in full KNOX military regalia apparently in support of the team. The boys will summons him from the stands to lead some war cries too particularly when defending their lines be it the Weeks Master Plan KG Building End or the Senior Academy End with its rather large pointy tower a symbol of Juggernaut Power & the school motto # The Man ly thing is being done #

Sounds great. I wonder if he will curtsy at any stage ?

I realise you meant to type The Manly thing is being done ... with Phillipa.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Will be interesting to see how Knox handle the pressure and expectation of this week.

Barker are no doubt very good, but Knox would have their eyes firmly set on week five of the competition as a bit of revenge for their loss last year at QP.

Thinking Barker as anything but a worthy foe will see their downfall.

Can the boys in black and blue meet those expectations?

Thankfully, I will be at the game this Saturday to watch in person.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)

War cries in a tartan frock. Mmmm.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
OK - Hasbeen never was much at all will pull his head in and post only emotionally intelligent mature posts from now on. Promise.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Any training injuries reported during the week? And when is the Big Fella Finn W back from Ireland and playing?

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Please do not lower the tone. This man is black and blue through and through and is an outstanding servant to young men! He is held in very high esteem. Please. Decorum.

No personal attack on any person intended. In fact I had forgotten who we were talking about.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Green and Gold CAS match reports - photos requied

Going to a CAS 1st XV game tomorrow, with a decent camera?

Would be great if you could take some photos for including in the Green and Gold CAS match reports.

If you think you can help out, let me know here (or send me a private convo) and I can let you know the photo requirements so that the pics can be published.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.