• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

No SLV we might upset Cyclo's Deputy, Mr Decorum Police. Cant be the Thugs up the Back of the Bus anymore. BTW, where is the end of season thriller? At North Korea or Death Valley?

I thought Decorum was a brand of perfume. Sorry, i shouldnt have said that.
NK, that's a good one lol. No not there. The Waves players, especially the year 12 players are lucky its at scary old DV. As usual people will come from far and wide and Old Boys reunions are usually scheduled for this day. Set up for the battle against the juggernaut.

S

sidelineview

No SLV we might upset Cyclo's Deputy, Mr Decorum Police. Cant be the Thugs up the Back of the Bus anymore. BTW, where is the end of season thriller? At North Korea or Death Valley?

But Barker has its own battle to deal with tomorrow and seriously speaking the atmosphere is electric at Knox, with the marching bands, the bagpipes ringing out, the big crowd in the expansive grandstand overlooking the playing field, the chanting schoolboys and the trains rattling by.
But it will be even more special tomorrow with the Colonel leading the war cries. Should be a great atmosphere.
But i dont think any of it will be daunting to the Barker players. They proved themselves a tough bunch last week.
Do they have anyone light up throw up in the lineouts? The coaches will have that covered no doubt.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
But Barker has its own battle to deal with tomorrow and seriously speaking the atmosphere is electric at Knox, with the marching bands, the bagpipes ringing out, the big crowd in the expansive grandstand overlooking the playing field, the chanting schoolboys and the trains rattling by.
But it will be even more special tomorrow with the Colonel leading the war cries. Should be a great atmosphere.
But i dont think any of it will be daunting to the Barker players. They proved themselves a tough bunch last week.
Do they have anyone light up throw up in the lineouts? The coaches will have that covered no doubt.

Yeah I am really looking forward to it SLV, it is always a great and very friendly atmosphere up there - top venue. Re the lineouts - there is no one light who can be thrown up in a lineout that I can think of unless they go radical and chuck up a back....ha ha. Most of the forwards seem north of 100 kilos. Dont know what they will do about Stretch on the other side. If I knew I would't post it up here. Will be interesting to see how they cope with the big fella in the lineouts.

S

sidelineview

To state the obvious, if they can win their share of the ball they're in with a big chance. It will be interesting to see the tactics that will be employed.

S

sidelineview

William88 aka Nostrodamus will be heading up there so we should get some updates.

ruckman7

Peter Burge (5)
Might want to have some of those tips for Brook V Alloys changed, multiple boys from alloys including stars Westbury, Flaherty, both Rahmes and prop Stene have been suspended from school and this weekends game after an online incident last night involving multiple boys from each school was taken to the heads of both schools.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Any training injuries reported during the week? And when is the Big Fella Finn W back from Ireland and playing?

Has,

As it is pretty much the pointy end of the season, here is my view on the games remaining.

Waves will win tomorrow v trinity at Trinity. (Carefully watch the score IMO).

Aloys will win tomorrow v Cranners.

Barker will, if I can say this, make it all worth while for a very solid season, they will defeat Knox, bagpipes etc or not, basically tooo much mongrel for Knox.

Last week the deciding game will be at Waverley, GAME AND COMPETITION OVER!!!!! ie CUSTARD PIE BIG TIME.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Guys,

Clearly we all talk about Rugby here, but I feel compelled to tell this Wonderful story.

A Waves boy in year 10, Ned Wieland just swam and completed the English Channel and raised $28k for RUOK day, a cause very close to our school, and the broader community.

By no means do I mean this as a school boast,who cares what school, but geeze there are some special boys and families out there, and I hope things like this, from just boys/Kids, change lives and keep families safe.

You know I think things like these very special achievements should be promoted pre 1STXV games and a lot more.

Sorry for banging on but to me this is very special, hope someone may also put this on the AAGPS thread, ISA. QLD etc.

Cheers WLF.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Guys,

Clearly we all talk about Rugby here, but I feel compelled to tell this Wonderful story.

A Waves boy in year 10, Ned Wieland just swam and completed the English Channel and raised $28k for RUOK day, a cause very close to our school, and the broader community.

By no means do I mean this as a school boast,who cares what school, but geeze there are some special boys and families out there, and I hope things like this, from just boys/Kids, change lives and keep families safe.

You know I think things like these very special achievements should be promoted pre 1STXV games and a lot more.

Sorry for banging on but to me this is very special, hope someone may also put this on the AAGPS thread, ISA. QLD etc.

Cheers WLF.

Mate don't apologise for trumpeting such a wonderful achievement.
What a great swim from an obviously talented and determined young man.
Let's hope we see a lot more of him on the world stage.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Has,

As it is pretty much the pointy end of the season, here is my view on the games remaining.

Waves will win tomorrow v trinity at Trinity. (Carefully watch the score IMO).

Aloys will win tomorrow v Cranners.

Barker will, if I can say this, make it all worth while for a very solid season, they will defeat Knox, bagpipes etc or not, basically tooo much mongrel for Knox.

Last week the deciding game will be at Waverley, GAME AND COMPETITION OVER!!!!! ie CUSTARD PIE BIG TIME.
I think WLF as long as the boys play hard, play fair, respect their opposition host team and act like gentlemen regardless of the score line then one cannot expect much more. I am sure all Barker members of all teams will behave like that.and for the Year 12 boys about to do trials let's hope there are no major injuries eh. Good luck to the Waves boys but heck watch out for Trinity - not to be underestimated at all.

Reactions: WLF

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
What is good about this specific round is that the scores in each match hopefully won't be blow outs. Should be good tight matches all round yes we are fired up- all family is going.

S

sidelineview

Get the feeling Barker will win today!

They might be too tough for them .... keep the ball away from the little bloke at back for Knox.
and set up the possibility for a three way tie going into the last round.

Status
Not open for further replies.