• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

Next weeks match at Queens park will be a cracker. Knox are a very dangerous side as todays game showed. They can put on points with ease if they are allowed to.
The question is will Waverley allow Knox to play the game they are capable of. Barker did their homework and out muscled and out enthused a talented Knox team today, just like they almost did against Waves last week.

If I was Waves I would be wary.

Knox can hit back. I am guessing it will be a shared premiership this year.

Might have to disagree with that one but stranger things have happened

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
Next weeks match at Queens park will be a cracker. Knox are a very dangerous side as todays game showed. They can put on points with ease if they are allowed to.
The question is will Waverley allow Knox to play the game they are capable of. Barker did their homework and out muscled and out enthused a talented Knox team today, just like they almost did against Waves last week.

Yes, one should never take anything for granted but last week Waves won away w/o two Oz schoolboys and with very kittle ball against a much bigger team. This week they were w/o one Oz schoolboy & won away again putting on 50 + points w/o ever really getting into their stride. Next week all three Oz schoolboys will be on deck at home in front of a big crowd at QP. If Knox can win in these conditions then they deserve a piece of the pie

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Ha...very true WTF. Barker too good today...played with much more passion. Knox looked flat footed. Anyway, what can you do. How did your 14a's do today? I assume they accounted for Trinity. Knox 1 for the showdown next week. See you there.

axel,

You have us both mixed, I am WLF not WTF.

Yes our Waves 14as did win v Trinity they were very depleted.

See you next week on Knox 1, very good of Knox to let the boys play on
no 1. should say g'day next week, talk closer.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

Nice try Rod, no shared premiership.

Waves got a lot more ball today, Finn Wright made a difference in the tight and in defence, so our backs got more ball, and that's how they put 50+ on many teams. Moretti will be back next week also, so full strength at Death Valley, imagine the crowd!

Knox will not be underestimated, next week will be huge for all of us.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Knox were shell shocked with some pressure, Waverley just need to turn up ready to tackle hard, run hard and not give an inch. There were some very big collisions. If Waverley can have Wright, McCormick, Moretti and Cornish playing as hard as they can, they will put Knox under pressure.

Barker were good today. Knox let them in the game with some weird passing decisions and poor play, they won't do that again. They lacked conposure in the pressure game, unlike the Waverley team last week that took all the pressure and then some without some of their best players.

I don't think I've ever anticipated a game of rugby more than the one we are going to be treated to next Saturday.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
axel,

You have us both mixed, I am WLF not WTF.

Yes our Waves 14as did win v Trinity they were very depleted.

See you next week on Knox 1, very good of Knox to let the boys play on
no 1. should say g'day next week, talk closer.
Oh, sorry. I never said I was clever. See you Saturday

S

sidelineview

Knox were shell shocked with some pressure, Waverley just need to turn up ready to tackle hard, run hard and not give an inch. There were some very big collisions. If Waverley can have Wright, McCormick, Moretti and Cornish playing as hard as they can, they will put Knox under pressure.

Barker were good today. Knox let them in the game with some weird passing decisions and poor play, they won't do that again. They lacked conposure in the pressure game, unlike the Waverley team last week that took all the pressure and then some without some of their best players.

I don't think I've ever anticipated a game of rugby more than the one we are going to be treated to next Saturday.

Yes, the annual clash of the Silvertails vs the Battlers at Death Valley will be a ripper.

I'm happy to report the slippery grassy slope to the western side of the quaint but iconic Queens Park grandstand has been tiered.

It's where the Knox parents usually stand, so no more will they risk slipping over while jumping up and down and yelling as Waverley score another length of the field try.

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
WTF is happening to knox rugby. The only team to win was the thirds ! Well done to the thirds! And well done to Barker today . We have an overcoached and and what is it with selections this year across the grades . Cmon boys get some balls like the thirds managed to find today .seconds were terrible , forwArds a massive letdown . Firsts didn't deserve to win and the score was flattering . Poor deciisions and port commitment

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Won 50-7..lost the penalty count 25-2 I think.some very confusing decisions.

Not surprised you won easily, as you know once 1 team is well on top sometimes the refs over-compensate.

We were up 33-0 today at oranges, and then the game went to s...
all they wanted to do was fight, it wasn't good all we wanted to do was not retaliate and get a red card, which is exactly what happened to us last year, ie we lost a player retaliating.

Should be a good game next week, let's hope the weather is good for every team.

Dontreachyoungbloods

Allen Oxlade (6)
Outstanding performance from Barker today - the discipline, effort and structure they had in their game was top notch. No doubt the best team on the day won. If the Knox comeback had gone all the way for a victory I don't think it would have been a fair result (and I'm a Knox supporter).

I think it will be fascinating to see how the Knox v Waverly game goes. I've felt that this season Knox has struggled to find that killer instinct/commitment that Barker displayed today - and was apparently present from both sides in the Barker/Waverly game last week. If they can't find the motivation from today's loss then I'm not sure what can fire them up.

So far both Barker and Waverly have shown they are worthy of a CAS premiership title, while Knox has yet to show that level in a game that really counts. Should Knox win next week then I think it's pretty fair that all three share it - three teams with outstanding individuals and solid role players. A Knox loss? Yep, third is as much as they deserve this year.

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
Was a great game, great atmosphere, but where were the Knox supporters.
A bit sad when they have to broadcast the Knox cheering from speakers on the side of the scoreboard to pretend its an echo.

Knox looked like they were out of ideas at times but then had some great moves at others.

Shame about the 14As but hard when you have 2 rep players in the team vs 14. I would like to kill the person that let AFL into the school, but the ARU don't see any problem

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Was a great game, great atmosphere, but where were the Knox supporters.are not rugby
A bit sad when they have to broadcast the Knox cheering from speakers on the side of the scoreboard to pretend its an echo.

Knox looked like they were out of ideas at times but then had some great moves at others.

Shame about the 14As but hard when you have 2 rep players in the team vs 14. I would like to kill the person that let AFL into the school, but the ARU don't see any problem

Flavio, I am a Waves supporter, and I could not agree more with getting rid of AFL.

Waverley is a proud rugby school but now we have 23 rugby teams in years 7-12, and 35 soccer teams and now 4-5 AFL teams.Because typically mummy doesn't want little Johnny getting tackled, which is rubbish, but the world is much softer these days. The point is it is character building.

I think the reason AFL is taken on is that our schools think they need to offer everything to attract future students. I think not but it is now a fact.
Mind you in our case those who play AFL are not rugby players.

MrTallTimber

Stan Wickham (3)
Was a great game, great atmosphere, but where were the Knox supporters.

Agree with you for the most part, but the Knox support was definitely there. Most of the Knox boys bleed black and blue regardless of the result and for you to question it is quite disgraceful

S

sidelineview

Even the CEO of KGS confidently remarked after sipping some dry port in the Executive Drawing Room in the Senior Academy Centre @ the top of the tower that he would shed his very expensive tupee if the Juggernaut were beaten this afternoon at the post match afternoon tea. I'd like to see that Weeksy❤️ haha

and ...... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.