• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
OK but not all are posted up here. How do we get it posted here I guess is the question

Agree, why don't they publish the matches each week? Each team no doubt gets videos of the other ones each year anyway. Publish the games on a website, there could even be commentary- it would be kept positive in line with the fact they are schoolboys-along a similar line to what happened at the schoolboy championships this year.

S

sidelineview

wouldn't have thought that possible . given QP3 has a game at 1 pm
so not sure where they could put seating, unless it is behind the goal posts

either way hope you are right

I wouldnt be surprised if it was temporary seating.
i dont think they're too hard to erect; similar to aluminium scaffolding.
They always put up the ropes and marquees in time for the 1sts to play so they might be going the extra yard with seating too.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Agree, why don't they publish the matches each week? Each team no doubt gets videos of the other ones each year anyway. Publish the games on a website, there could even be commentary- it would be kept positive in line with the fact they are schoolboys-along a similar line to what happened at the schoolboy championships this year.

Many (possibly all) of the QLD GPS 1st XV matches are lived streamed each Saturday, with commentators. Is shame we (GPS and CAS in NSW) dont do the same. No doubt the schools have their reasons. And cost is probably one of them.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Could be a big investment from higher up rugby circles to invest in the game if they thought it was viable.

There is a lot of appeal for schoolboy rugby.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Do the Rugby circles in here arrange any end of year awards for players?

Ie do the schools come together to announce best players and so forth like the QLD GPS system?

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Could be a big investment from higher up rugby circles to invest in the game if they thought it was viable.

There is a lot of appeal for schoolboy rugby.

Agree re interest but i doubt its commercially viable. A mate who worked at fox once told me it costs between $50 and $100k per match to cover one shute shield / nrc game

moa999

Fred Wood (13)
Agree re interest but i doubt its commercially viable. A mate who worked at fox once told me it costs between $50 anf $100k per match to cover one shute shield / nrc game

Old school broadcast with expensive equipment and cameras.
I suspect the mob doing the Qld GPS are a quantum step lower than this

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Do the Rugby circles in here arrange any end of year awards for players?

Ie do the schools come together to announce best players and so forth like the QLD GPS system?

Green and Gold writers select a team of the year, best player, most valuable player etc.

What more recognition could a player want ;)

Stay tuned. Will be published right here mid next week.

leftrightout16

Peter Burge (5)
Could it not simply be streamed from the cameras they use at the games already?

They would need a few extra pieces of equipment but wouldn't be very expensive. Especially at schools like Cranbrook, Knox and Barker where their fields are on site and have access to the schools wifi and power. Should definitely be something the schools should look into. Even just a single camera setup would be fine. I know it's done in Queensland but also many schoolboy rugby games around the world. Most South African schools do it and i'm sure lots of them have smaller budgets than Brook and Knox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
VIDEO OF THE SATURDAYS MATCHES - esp W v K

If anyone gets any decent video footage on their phone from Saturdays games eg a try or post match premiership celebrations, that they think would be worth including in the match reports, send me a private convo and we can see if we can transfer the video.

File size is likely ti be too big to text or email. But should be transferable if uploaded to a Facebook page.

Rich

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Geez RB, you should have got on with the bookies lol. Aloys v Trinity should be a cracker of a match as well

Yes, lets see if the planets align for the final round, I did make the prediction in May :).
Thought Barker would be the big improvers this year (will be very strong next year) and that Knox did not look as strong as in previous 3 years. Waverley were always going to be hard to beat with the depth they have this year.
Good luck to all on the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.