• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
thanks WLF. I trust and hope it will be a cracker of a match and a great demo of class schoolboy Rugby. The W at home will not give an inch so the K Boys will need to be on their best game to match it. Looking forward to the result cheers

Wayne McLean

Peter Burge (5)
Knox can undoubtedly win this match!
The 43-0 drubbing in 2015 comes to mind at the supposed Death Valley! The Waverley Old boys were kept particularly quiet that day.
With the finest schoolboy forward pack in the land the platform will be set for backs who look amazing with their shirts off!! Is it true the Mums have a private calendar akin to the French Rugby team shoot in days past. Enough to make the girls and the odd boi squeal with delight. Losing to Barker will rouse the Juggernaut to the heights of their amazing 208cm super star at second row. I believe Alan Jones has him in his sights for a birth in his BaBa's squad according to management.
They beat the top GPS team Kings where a supposedly depleted Waverley got thrashed!
Knox will win & win well! #Oh Captain My Captain#

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)
The 43-0 drubbing in 2015 comes to mind at the supposed Death Valley! The Waverley Old boys were kept particularly quiet that day.
With the finest schoolboy forward pack in the land the platform will be set for backs who look amazing with their shirts off!! Is it true the Mums have a private calendar akin to the French Rugby team shoot in days past. Enough to make the girls and the odd boi squeal with delight. Losing to Barker will rouse the Juggernaut to the heights of their amazing 208cm super star at second row. I believe Alan Jones has him in his sights for a birth in his BaBa's squad according to management.
They beat the top GPS team Kings where a supposedly depleted Waverley got thrashed!

Score was 41-0. Knox's forwards were led by their enforcer Lachlan Swinton (aka "Captain America").
Owen Finnigan was not a happy camper that day :(

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
The key for Knox will be Frost on Saturday. His aerial game in the lineout will be a pest in Waverleys side

Knox will need a cunning game plan too, they won't be able to out rugby Waverley this year. It will be interesting to see if they attempt the same game as Barker. They don't have the same forwards as Barker though so it will be hard trying to go through the middle of Waverley's dominant pack.

S

sidelineview

Do you remember 2014 as well when Knox were red hot favourites but Waverley got up 12-10? The underdog battlers triumphed against the Silvertails ...and last year the Silvertails were beaten again 29-21 at Death Valley. I heard Owen Finnigan enjoyed the game.
One out of three's not bad.

You're a bit of a worry admiring the players with their shirts off ..... and Alan Jones ? .... and what was the Cadet Captain's name again?

A Juggernaut is unstoppable by definition. Knox were stopped last week by Barker therefore ........

Anyway, Oh toupee my toupee ... what happened with that story?

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Source??
Comment. Assumption. Knowledge.

I know nothing ... I was actually asked the question by a Knox parent

My understanding is the 1st XV team (programme) is meant to be communicated by Thursday midday ....so guessing Knox has been given a team list showing a team missing Moretti

however my guess (hope), is that they are going easy on him ... as don't want him to miss Aussie schools .... so probably getting him to play half a game in the 3rds (as is required under CAS comp rules) , and he will be on the bench ... and will come on if needed

anyway Moa the answer to your question is ... I know NOTHING, just speculatiung, and for all I know he might be in the starting XV ... and I do hope he does play .... as he is a good "hit man" ... at least when fully fit

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
So 2 of the last 3 seasons premiership deciders have been won by the underdogs?

And this year's underdog is? Knox isn't it?

From the outside looking in, it appears to me as though an upset, a boil over, could be on the cards.

Why? Because Waverley haven't felt how much it hurts to lose a game you thought you could have or should have won (except for a couple of largely inconsequential trial games where they were without several star players).

Barker felt that after losing to Waverley in round 3. And look at the impact that had on them the following week.

And Knox felt that last week and will go into tomorrow's match with a mental edge, IMO.

I'm not saying Waverley are soft, or anything like that. They are one of the toughest, most uncompromising and most talented schoolboys teams I have watched in many years.

And when you step back and look at their entire season, they deserve to be outright premiers.

But there have been plenty of teams throughout history who have deserved to win a premiership outright and haven't.

I hope for Waverleys sake they don't find themselves saying 'if only' come full time on Saturday.

They need to forget how well they have gone so far this season. That's all history. Tomorrow is all that matters.

I think they can win and will be barracking for them from Bellevue Hill where i will be watching another premiership decider.

Go Waverley. Go hard. Your season starts and ends tomorrow.

S

sidelineview

No, Waverley won a second round game against Knox at home as underdogs in 2014 but Cranbrook won it that year. That loss robbed Knox of a co premiership.

2015 Knox won it but they were favourites.

Last year Waverley beat Knox at Queens Park in the second round after being beaten in the first round @ Knox. That win made them co premiers.

The coaches wont let the Waverley players get complacent. It will be pressure for both teams in front of a very big crowd but they'll be ready to play.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
I know nothing . I was actually asked the question by a Knox parent

My understanding is the 1st XV team (programme) is meant to be communicated by Thursday midday ..so guessing Knox has been given a team list showing a team missing Moretti

however my guess (hope), is that they are going easy on him . as don't want him to miss Aussie schools .. so probably getting him to play half a game in the 3rds (as is required under CAS comp rules) , and he will be on the bench . and will come on if needed

anyway Moa the answer to your question is . I know NOTHING, just speculatiung, and for all I know he might be in the starting XV . and I do hope he does play .. as he is a good "hit man" . at least when fully fit

So 2 of the last 3 seasons premiership deciders have been won by the underdogs?

And this year's underdog is? Knox isn't it?

From the outside looking in, it appears to me as though an upset, a boil over, could be on the cards.

Why? Because Waverley haven't felt how much it hurts to lose a game you thought you could have or should have won (except for a couple of largely inconsequential trial games where they were without several star players).

Barker felt that after losing to Waverley in round 3. And look at the impact that had on them the following week.

And Knox felt that last week and will go into tomorrow's match with a mental edge, IMO.

I'm not saying Waverley are soft, or anything like that. They are one of the toughest, most uncompromising and most talented schoolboys teams I have watched in many years.

And when you step back and look at their entire season, they deserve to be outright premiers.

But there have been plenty of teams throughout history who have deserved to win a premiership outright and haven't.

I hope for Waverleys sake they don't find themselves saying 'if only' come full time on Saturday.

They need to forget how well they have gone so far this season. That's all history. Tomorrow is all that matters.

I think they can win and will be barracking for them from Bellevue Hill where i will be watching another premiership decider.

Go Waverley. Go hard. Your season starts and ends tomorrow.

Rich, Scots and Waverley will both win well tomorrow.

Kilgore Trout

Herbert Moran (7)
I will say this once and once only .. ... I may use BLOCK letters for EMPHASIS but haven't decided yet .... I probably will. When Knox plays Waverley tomorrow the only way Waverley can possibly win ( barring a forfeit or disqualification) is, if at the final whistle, they have scored more points than Knox.

Rumours of a fleet of buses travelling from Warrawee to the game are not true - the school has announced there will be Tarago going to the game and one of the boarding masters will be driving a motorbike with a seat up for grabs in his sidecar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)

The sons of the bold, the beautiful and the stupendously wealthy were last week defeated by the red hordes from the neighbouring village.
It is time, Oh supreme white ones, to seek redemption and restore honour to make all things in the world Right Again through the True Order.

And to give Barker a 3 way tie - ha.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
A question to the CAS GnG bloggers.

Cranbrook have requested that in the 1st XV match against Barker this weekend, that the scrums are not contested.

Is this game then a genuine contest?

Should the result stand if Cranbrook cause an upset and win given the scrum is no longer a offensive weapon for Barker?

I am all for protecting players from injury, but for a 1st XV match scrum, to be non contested prior to the kick off, it begs the question if it is a contest.

Given Barker is missing 2 of its starting backs this weekend, the odds have evened up some what.

I still think Barker will win by plenty, but you can see where an astute coach could take this tactical manoeuvre.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
RE missing backs - I had heard that JK was missing but was unaware as to the second. That changes the odds a bit.

I heard of the non contest request this morning. I think realistically Barker is unlikely to have an overly difficult contest tomorrow - but if it means protecting kids in a less capable team from injury I think I favour it regardless of the outcome. If it has an effect on the result, so be it. It is only a game.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
RE missing backs - I had heard that JK was missing but was unaware as to the second. That changes the odds a bit.

I heard of the non contest request this morning. I think realistically Barker is unlikely to have an overly difficult contest tomorrow - but if it means protecting kids in a less capable team from injury I think I favour it regardless of the outcome. If it has an effect on the result, so be it. It is only a game.
Kyle Galloway is out too.

Walshy81

Sydney Middleton (9)
A question to the CAS GnG bloggers.

Cranbrook have requested that in the 1st XV match against Barker this weekend, that the scrums are not contested.

Is this game then a genuine contest?

Should the result stand if Cranbrook cause an upset and win given the scrum is no longer a offensive weapon for Barker?

I am all for protecting players from injury, but for a 1st XV match scrum, to be non contested prior to the kick off, it begs the question if it is a contest.

Given Barker is missing 2 of its starting backs this weekend, the odds have evened up some what.

I still think Barker will win by plenty, but you can see where an astute coach could take this tactical manoeuvre.

I am a Cranbrook OB - so it's a rep' from each side in this discussion.

However, I agree with you. We all assume a Barker victory (rightly), but to remove the stronger team's advantage before the kick off isn't really rugby. Are you sure this is the plan? I only ask because there've been various claims before R1 that Cranbrook were going to forfeit the Knox game, play Wav's 2nds etc. Just checking...

Status
Not open for further replies.