• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy81

Sydney Middleton (9)
same with me and I am happy to bore anyone who will listen as to how we beat Joeys 1sts in '79 with a pushover try.

The whole point should be about playing the game for the fun of it and I can assure you the Barker 5ths coach would have moved players around to keep the game competitive. At the very least I think the boys are owed an apology

Just a quick note: It was me who jumped to the conclusion that Knox could've sensed a mismatch - I'm not defending the late notice forfeit, but don't know the reason!

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
same with me and I am happy to bore anyone who will listen as to how we beat Joeys 1sts in '79 with a pushover try.

The whole point should be about playing the game for the fun of it and I can assure you the Barker 5ths coach would have moved players around to keep the game competitive. At the very least I think the boys are owed an apology

tgam56,

Now you mention '79, recon I played against you at Barker, last game of the year v Waves, and the comp up for grabs, but you are right, these things stay with you forever.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah I know mate but the schools are close and the coaches know each other. They could have sorted out something to give the boys a run. That is all they wanted. Anyways lets keep things positive - we all have great matches to look forward to tomorrow anyway. The weather looks like it will be fine, the BBQ's will be on and all will be well. Tomorrow is a Big Day.

tgam56

Frank Row (1)
Just a quick note: It was me who jumped to the conclusion that Knox could've sensed a mismatch - I'm not defending the late notice forfeit, but don't know the reason!
the "reason" given was that "as they had no chance of winning it wasnt worth the effort"

Pretty poor attitude

leftrightout16

Peter Burge (5)
Change the subject from BLM - any reported injuries or other player losses?

A few injuries from Cranbrook losing 2 or 3 starters from the Aloys game. I think their prop Barta and I also heard Rynolds is out aswell. Peter milios however should be returning after playing half a game in the 2s last week and hopefully Barker allow Tom Lamens to play.

Cranbrook's scrums is not due to a mismatch but instead due to unavailability. They scrummed against every other team and planned to against waves but couldn't due to an injury in the warm up. You look at how many front row injuries they have and you can see why. Smuha-ho, Barta, lim-Strachan, Reynolds, Head, Andreas and Sprague. There seconds team have been in uncontested scrums for a few weeks now because of this aswell. Both Hayman and maybe even Banks are young which means they would have to get special permission from ARU which would be hard as they are both decently small. I don't think Cranbrook hate scrummaging but it's not worth a kid getting a serious back or neck injury because he only learnt to scrum in a week.

Wayne McLean

Peter Burge (5)
Exactly: it's traditional rivalry that has produced some great games over the years and neither team will be giving any quarter tomorrow, but they will shake hands and respect each other after the game. Thats how it should work and what happens on the field stays on the field.

Knox players stuck around last year after being defeated at Queens Park and acted like men. Very commendable.

The Knox school has received a lot of criticism in recent years concerning their professional and serious approach to schoolboy rugby but none of that was ever on the players heads.

A lot of the young men who'll play tomorrow have played against each other since Year 7, and also with each other in Rep teams so they become mates, which obviously doesnt lessen the rivalry on game day, but its one of the great benefits of playing competitive sport.

It was good to read the Waverley coach's reference to having fun. Veeeery interesting.

Anyway, is the Knox toupee story ever going to be told or what?
The toupee will b on show again today. See if you can see him in action and ask him yourself. Perhaps the afternoon tea at Queens Park will be a good opportunity to enquire or observe the most expensive toupee money can buy.

Wayne McLean

Peter Burge (5)
The Juggernaut will take the field in just over 7 hours & here is a song you might hear led by" The Captain"!

Boom chick boom chick boom chick ahhhh
We are Knoxy here we are
Let's have a Warrawee......
Ruck it tight
Never lose
We're born to rule
So clean our shoes
The ladies know that we're the men
To provide and return to our decadent den
We're smarter stronger and best on the eye
So expect at the end we win you cry
Into your peasant custard pie