• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Hello my CAS cousins.
Thought I would drop in to pass on our best from the GPS.
Wishing everyone a great trial game this weekend.
Thank you Joker. It will be interesting to see how the double round works out for the GPS teams. It seems like a very close race in the GPS comp. As for the CAS, well I think the top three schools will battle it out.

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Even though cranbrook may have a forward pack that works like a well oiled machine, st augs will be sure to match them with the two quality players at second row both playing nsw school boy rugby last year likewise with one of the props and i believe there number 8 has been playing firsts since he was in year 10 so i wouldn't make any assumptions about the ability of saints forward pack just yet which has had minimal changes over around 3 years as they have played together since under 14's.
Watched Trinity play St Augustine's last Friday.

Trinity has ample size, with their openside flanker being around 6'3 to 6'4. They looked pretty good I thought, and I believe the scoreline doesn't reflect their ceiling of potential. No. 8 was very physical and caused the Auggies forwards some nightmares, but to their credit, they matched with Trinity's size advantage and physicality and defended commendably. The eventual death of Trinity came through Auggies backline, pure class, and silky plays gained mass amounts of ground. In saying that, the Trinity 9 and 13 played well. I wouldn't count them out just yet, they do have the potential to beat Cranbrook and place in the top 4. Auggies to beat Cranbrook this week though, they are already battle hardened and look substantially more structured as a result of their early preseason and trial period, will be close though.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Thank you Joker. It will be interesting to see how the double round works out for the GPS teams. It seems like a very close race in the GPS comp. As for the CAS, well I think the top three schools will battle it out.
Not a fan of the double round.

RedOrDead

Charlie Fox (21)
No idea but I always hold a soft spot for the lads.
I loved when they beat Waverley at Death Valley in the biggest upset since this skinny sheep herder took out the Scots boy, I mean Goliath.
Couple of cracking good tries.

This is especially funny when you remember there are now 5 boys I believe from that years Waverley team (Levi Milford, Sea Aholei, Fritz Janke-Tavana, Miles whatever his last name is and Ron Volkman) are all now playing professional footy or on the cusp of doing so... The Aloys boys are probably graduating from law and medicine right about now. Credit where credit is due. Onya Aloys.

I believe all this boys were in the team that year. Could be wrong though.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
No idea but I always hold a soft spot for the lads.
I loved when they beat Waverley at Death Valley in the biggest upset since this skinny sheep herder took out the Scots boy, I mean Goliath.
Couple of cracking good tries.

Bloody hell they looked fantastic! Some of that backline play was as good as it gets. Well done lads.

scrumhead99

Sydney Middleton (9)
Watched Trinity play St Augustine's last Friday.

Trinity has ample size, with their openside flanker being around 6'3 to 6'4. They looked pretty good I thought, and I believe the scoreline doesn't reflect their ceiling of potential. No. 8 was very physical and caused the Auggies forwards some nightmares, but to their credit, they matched with Trinity's size advantage and physicality and defended commendably. The eventual death of Trinity came through Auggies backline, pure class, and silky plays gained mass amounts of ground. In saying that, the Trinity 9 and 13 played well. I wouldn't count them out just yet, they do have the potential to beat Cranbrook and place in the top 4. Auggies to beat Cranbrook this week though, they are already battle hardened and look substantially more structured as a result of their early preseason and trial period, will be close though.
You said earlier Trinity forwards were showing up and proving to show to cause Auggies nightmares. Last season when trinity played cranbrook they struggled with their forward pack and their backs. I do agree whilst Auggies might have the advantage with their backs, Cranbrook will not only do what trinity did but better and stronger.

Eyes Up Footy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi all,
Myself and @Rugby Leauge will be following Cranbrook's campaign this season. There is a lot of belief in camp this year with a lot of 1sts and 2nds players returning from last year. The strengths will come in the forwards and kicking game and speed in the backline. A few players to watch - Ah-Colt (3), Girle (5), Jackson (8), and Allen (10) - all have a great chance at cracking the CAS 1sts team.

Team List for the 1st trial against Auggies:
1. Joe Rouse
2. Jed Smith
3. Kaleb Ah-Colt (c)
4. Fred May
5. Tom Girle
6. Cameron McKenzie
7. Dan O'Regan
8. Noah Jackson
9. Oliver Patterson
10. Jaxson Allen
11. Stefan Ferster
12. Cooper Rathie
13. Lance Tovio
14. Dylan Roach
15. Ollie Crowther
16. Dylan Melvey (returning from injury)

Don't know much about the Auggies team but from what I've heard their electric backline and physical forwards will be a good first test for Cranbrook.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
What are your tips for this weekend?

TIPs 2023- Trial 1.jpg

scrumhead99

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hi all,
Myself and @Rugby Leauge will be following Cranbrook's campaign this season. There is a lot of belief in camp this year with a lot of 1sts and 2nds players returning from last year. The strengths will come in the forwards and kicking game and speed in the backline. A few players to watch - Ah-Colt (3), Girle (5), Jackson (8), and Allen (10) - all have a great chance at cracking the CAS 1sts team.

Team List for the 1st trial against Auggies:
1. Joe Rouse
2. Jed Smith
3. Kaleb Ah-Colt (c)
4. Fred May
5. Tom Girle
6. Cameron McKenzie
7. Dan O'Regan
8. Noah Jackson
9. Oliver Patterson
10. Jaxson Allen
11. Stefan Ferster
12. Cooper Rathie
13. Lance Tovio
14. Dylan Roach
15. Ollie Crowther
16. Dylan Melvey (returning from injury)

Don't know much about the Auggies team but from what I've heard their electric backline and physical forwards will be a good first test for Cranbrook.
Hi,
Will be following this campaign along with you too. Will be an exciting season for these boys!

baked beans

Stan Wickham (3)
waverley college 1st and 2nd xv without any injuries/unavailable players would look like
1stxv
1.ky pule
2.jonas dowling(c)
3.lachie grant
4.ashar te rata
5.zion poitaha
6.tinni tofeano
7.ollie aboud
8.noah tofeano
9.darcy stanfeild
10.tua patea
11.billy lyons
12.caleb sinclair haris
13.jonte mf
14.tino tavana
15.felix turinui

2ndxv
1.joseph tangi
2.angus sullivan
3.sam fingleton
4.james jones
5. tom johnson
6.james nestor
7.ed lyons
8.max vanburren(c)
9.hugo schneider
10.josh barr
11.kahu capper
12.tom mckenna
13.riley evans
14.king manu
15.keeyan abrahams

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Hello J,

Look forward to another cracking year!
Here are my unbiased tips :p

1. Barker by 7
2.Joeys by 15
3.Oakhill by 10
4.Kings by 10
5. Scots by 21
6.Waves by 14
Thank you my friend.
Let me know each week either with a message or check it out as usual in the AAGPS thread.
I will pop by from time to remind

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
waverley college 1st and 2nd xv without any injuries/unavailable players would look like
1stxv
1.ky pule
2.jonas dowling(c)
3.lachie grant
4.ashar te rata
5.zion poitaha
6.tinni tofeano
7.ollie aboud
8.noah tofeano
9.darcy stanfeild
10.tua patea
11.billy lyons
12.caleb sinclair haris
13.jonte mf
14.tino tavana
15.felix turinui

2ndxv
1.joseph tangi
2.angus sullivan
3.sam fingleton
4.james jones
5. tom johnson
6.james nestor
7.ed lyons
8.max vanburren(c)
9.hugo schneider
10.josh barr
11.kahu capper
12.tom mckenna
13.riley evans
14.king manu
15.keeyan abrahams
Very good attempt but not quite right, there would be several changes eg 14 in the 1sts is ineligible as he is now too old, and several other spots are probably not right, but it's just hypothetical.