• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Yep.

In , Ollie Aboud Flanker, Noah Tofaeono lock, Caleb Sinclaire-Harris centre, and Billy Lyons winger.

Still injured Jonte Fidel a few weeks, Kahu Capper probably next week, and Zion Poitaha (season).

Suspect their match fitness won't be 100% this Sat, but after the next 2 weeks, assuming a good run, the Waves will be quite strong for the start of the CAS comp. Same applies to all other teams, hopefully no injuries to anyone!

Watch out Auggies and others!
Got to feel for billy lyons has had a terrible run of injuries last few seasons. Hopefully stays fit

OutsideSentHer13

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey GL
haven't heard much about this, how reliable is your info?
G'day Lachie,
I believe that regardless Cranbrook still stand a fighting chance against Stannies. Their 2nd's team are rather strong and I have even reffed one of their games and was rather impressed. They have a strong side and keen boys. The trip to Bathurst I believe they have this weekend shall wither them but they shall fight through to a strong outcome.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Got to feel for billy lyons has had a terrible run of injuries last few seasons. Hopefully stays fit
Nice words H, Thx.

Billy is a natural.

Same applies to all the boys of every team, it goes without saying that this is the end of many of their years at their school, and it is very important that they get to have a real dig.

Currently results would suggest that it's a Knox v Barker contest, with Cranbrook the smoky, but another team could be lurking.

CASrules

Frank Row (1)
G'day Lachie,
I believe that regardless Cranbrook still stand a fighting chance against Stannies. Their 2nd's team are rather strong and I have even reffed one of their games and was rather impressed. They have a strong side and keen boys. The trip to Bathurst I believe they have this weekend shall wither them but they shall fight through to a strong outcome.
I have also heard there are a couple of players in the Cranbrook 2's new to rugby can anyone confirm?

OutsideSentHer13

Bob McCowan (2)
Predictions for this weekend

Barker v Nudgee: Barker 20+
Cranbrook v Stannies: Cranbrook 15+
Gregs v Aloys: Aloys 15+
Waverly v St Augs: Augs 10+
Trinity v Kinross: Trinity 20+
Knox v Oakhill: Oak 20+

scrumhead99

Sydney Middleton (9)
Predictions for this weekend

Barker v Nudgee: Barker 20+
Cranbrook v Stannies: Cranbrook 15+
Gregs v Aloys: Aloys 15+
Waverly v St Augs: Augs 10+
Trinity v Kinross: Trinity 20+
Knox v Oakhill: Oak 20+
Wow. Again, am I reading this right? Oakhill to beat Knox by 20? This should be a field day for Knox.

2 + 2

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sorry, did I read this right, Nudgee to win?
Nudgee will do a number on Barker this year, Barker is propped up by imports at the top end, Nudgee has a wholistic approach to their Rugby program from the 13F right through to the 1stXV. They have a formidable team and knocked of The Southport School last weekend by 30 points.

OutsideSentHer13

Bob McCowan (2)
Wow. Again, am I reading this right? Oakhill to beat Knox by 20? This should be a field day for Knox.
G'day Scrumhead99,

I understand your surprise at the suggestion that Oakhill Rugby could beat Knox by 20 points, considering Knox's strong reputation. However, it's important to remember that team chemistry is the key. Their chemistry reminds me of my footy days.

FootyFan

Bob McCowan (2)
Knox team list. Only some minor changes let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

• F477AD1C-5623-43D2-93A2-023373D1D094.jpeg
    F477AD1C-5623-43D2-93A2-023373D1D094.jpeg
    780.7 KB · Views: 317

baked beans

Stan Wickham (3)
Should be a cracking day down at Queens Park tomorrow with all of the A's teams playing on the number 1 field with 2nd xv at 2:00pm, 3rd xv at 1:00pm and the big grand-finally 1st xv at 3:15. Should be awesome atmosphere down at Death Valley with the 1st xv looking to secure there first win of the season.