• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

RugbyBot

Stan Wickham (3)
Does this make Aloys the best Scholarship school?

That article is bizarre and bitter. Aloys offer scholarships (sorry "bursaries") for high achievers in academics, music, drama and art. Other CAS schools offer those, plus sport. One approach is "good, loving and just" the other is "false and seductive". Boys on scholarships at Aloys are looking for a community . At other schools they are "pawns, objects and mercenaries". Aloys is doing it for the boy, other schools are cynically use that boy for ephemeral glory.

What BS. The communities are just as strong at all CAS schools. If they are really interested in "distributive justice" then drop the academic selective standards and offer the fantastic education to a wider range of kids. But that might hit their HSC rank.

The real problem is the association system. Aloys is a great school should be competing against Grammar, Sydney Boys, TAS etc. Not large schools that have strong sports programmes. But don't blame the other schools just because you took a different path!

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
That article is bizarre and bitter. Aloys offer scholarships (sorry "bursaries") for high achievers in academics, music, drama and art. Other CAS schools offer those, plus sport. One approach is "good, loving and just" the other is "false and seductive". Boys on scholarships at Aloys are looking for a community . At other schools they are "pawns, objects and mercenaries". Aloys is doing it for the boy, other schools are cynically use that boy for ephemeral glory.

What BS. The communities are just as strong at all CAS schools. If they are really interested in "distributive justice" then drop the academic selective standards and offer the fantastic education to a wider range of kids. But that might hit their HSC rank.

The real problem is the association system. Aloys is a great school should be competing against Grammar, Sydney Boys, TAS etc. Not large schools that have strong sports programmes. But don't blame the other schools just because you took a different path!
I agree with the original Aloys statement but I also agree with your post too RugbyBot. There is a very simple solution to the Rugby woes of Aloys but it would be a very bitter pill for them to swallow.

I dont see them leaving CAS Rugby anytime soon. In fact, I'd sooner suggest that they would stop playing Rugby altogether rather than switch to another association.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
lol @ Aloys throwing shade at other schools … stay in ur lane …no one cares that you’re putting the enrolment year on the sport program, it’s actually hilarious… what a fantastic way to alienate any prospective parent from enrolling their kids in later years at ur school. Well done in creating second class citizens in ur own community

… and I love how they threw iggies under the bus too… come on Aloys stand by your own conviction, you don’t need to hold Riverview’s hand…

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
lol @ Aloys throwing shade at other schools … stay in ur lane …no one cares that you’re putting the enrolment year on the sport program, it’s actually hilarious… what a fantastic way to alienate any prospective parent from enrolling their kids in later years at ur school. Well done in creating second class citizens in ur own community

… and I love how they threw iggies under the bus too… come on Aloys stand by your own conviction, you don’t need to hold Riverview’s hand…
Yeah View don't give to much of a shit about Aloys in anyway either. He was the Rector of Riverview and I think just trying to fend off some internal, old boy and parental pressure.

This is the Basketball team he talks about for reference.

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Yeah View don't give to much of a shit about Aloys in anyway either. He was the Rector of Riverview and I think just trying to fend off some internal, old boy and parental pressure.

This is the Basketball team he talks about for reference.
Barker the usual victims in all of this haveinh lost a star athlete to these big schools who disgustingly offer a scholarship to a student in need. It’s all despicable, schools have to stop poaching other schools talent no matter the circumstances!!!

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Barker at the International Rugby Academy in Palmerston North NZ (IRANZ)