• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

schoolboyfooty

Allen Oxlade (6)
1. J.McItyre
2. M. Duncan
3. L.Ponsonby
4. O.Slingo
5. J.Harkin
6. L.Sullivan
7. K.Parker
8. J.Clear
9. H.Wood
10. R.Callanan
11. C.Boyd
12. M.Condon
13. N.Wicks
14. O.Moore
15. D.Crowley
16. A.Van wyk
17. W.Goddard
18. K.Pule
19. C.Poynton
20. C.Mackenzie
21. M.Hanley
22. M.Amine
I would put Ruben Stock at 8 without a doubt.
You could say he is Clear of J.Clear ahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahah.

megarugbyman

Frank Nicholson (4)
Any early predictions for the CAS 1st XV squad this year?
1. W.McKinnon
2. M.Duncan
3. K.Ah-Colt
4. O.Slingo
5. A.Van Wyk
6. C.MacKenzie
7. K.Parker
8. R.Stock
9. H.Wood
10. R.Callanan
11. C.Boyd
12. M.Condon
13. L.Tovio
14. O.Moore
15. C.Poynton

Honestly too early to tell, but if I had to have a shot in the dark this would be my predicted line-up!

Thoughts?

Clive Cartwright

Frank Row (1)
1. W.McKinnon
2. M.Duncan
3. K.Ah-Colt
4. O.Slingo
5. A.Van Wyk
6. C.MacKenzie
7. K.Parker
8. R.Stock
9. H.Wood
10. R.Callanan
11. C.Boyd
12. M.Condon
13. L.Tovio
14. O.Moore
15. C.Poynton

Honestly too early to tell, but if I had to have a shot in the dark this would be my predicted line-up!

Thoughts?
Gentlemen, it is only be described as avaricious to attempt to predict such lineups. Moreover, I can attest to the inherent ability of players that have been mentioned, yet these boys are not professionals, only exemplars of the ability for schoolboys to dedicate time to an endeavour that they love!!!!

let’s allow for professionals to select such players, we are only human, hence unable to attend each game and witness the efforts of multiple stand out players across the CAS competition in its entirety. However, I have heard sprinklings that some surprise players of the Blue and Gold may be entering the ranks of the undying CAS glory. Thoughts?

Clive Cartwright

Frank Row (1)
Big news out of the aloys camp, from what I have heard from my nephews that the first XV tight head prop has been injured and will be out for the season. From what I have heard the second XV superstar tight head prop is going to make a long awaited debut against st Greg’s this week. I hope he goes well in his first game.

Mils out
This is false. Although it may be enjoyable for schoolboys to joke around, let’s refrain from spreading fallacies.

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Any early predictions for the CAS 1st XV squad this year?
1. Hill
2. Dowling
3. Goddard
4. Ericsson
5. Van Wyk
6. Ryan
7. Hanley
8. Tonohoe
9. Patterson
10. Sinclare Harris
11. Caswell
12. Enasio
13. Mcdonald
14. Hall
15. Poynton
Not 100% sure if all players are fully fit I know a couple of these boys have missed some games.

Last edited:

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
There's not much point choosing sides before the competition has begun. But Goddard, Ericsson, Van Wyk and Poynton were in CAS 1sts last year so you'd think that anyone else will need to play well to displace them. You'd say the same about Hatton-Ward, who's back from the 2nds last year. But let them play a game or two, maybe?

CAS Fanatic

Peter Burge (5)
There's not much point choosing sides before the competition has begun. But Goddard, Ericsson, Van Wyk and Poynton were in CAS 1sts last year so you'd think that anyone else will need to play well to displace them. You'd say the same about Hatton-Ward, who's back from the 2nds last year. But let them play a game or two, maybe?
4 boys from Cranbrook that made CAS 2s last year are returning in the likes of Thomas Girle, Noah Jackson, Jaxson Allen and Kaleb Ah-Colt. Good signs for the season ahead.

Phil Miller

Frank Row (1)
This is false. Although it may be enjoyable for schoolboys to joke around, let’s refrain from spreading fallacies.
Sorry everyone, I got my info wrong, sorry to have mislead any of you. It was confirmed by my nephew today that the starting first XV tight head prop is ok and suffered no injuries but pulled up a little sore so he will be playing this weekend. I also hope the second XV prop gets his long awaited 1st XV debut in the coming games.

Clive I am also not a schoolboy. I have a son that currently goes to pius and I am an old boy from aloys. It was a great game to watch the two school i barrack for ho head to head and also well done aloys on a great win.

Up the boys from Milsons Point

mils out

Last edited:

Lachie Goon

Allen Oxlade (6)
I would put Ruben Stock at 8 without a doubt.
You could say he is Clear of J.Clear ahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahah.
Hope you are having a terrific evening SBF
I've caught many a whisper about Stock on this forum and wondered if you have any more information on him as my Combined Associated School selector contacts seem to have heard little in the way of him making strides in representative areas this season. I would appreciate some added context as I am still unaware of what school his is enrolled at.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
We've seen in previous years how well the CAS selectors know the boys from Waverley College so I wouldn't worry about a lack of recognition from that side.

ILR
I think to add some balance to this view, last year the Waves didn't have many in the CAS 1s and probably not this year as well.
In 2020 and 2021 the Waves sides were extremely strong, winning all 5 CAS games in 2020, and all 8 games played in 2021, prior to Covid shutting down the last 3 games of the season. That 2021 side also thumped 3 GPS schools in that year, so it should come as no surprise that in those years the Waves had very strong presentation. (The selectors however still got the props wrong in 2021)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Gentlemen, it is only be described as avaricious to attempt to predict such lineups. Moreover, I can attest to the inherent ability of players that have been mentioned, yet these boys are not professionals, only exemplars of the ability for schoolboys to dedicate time to an endeavour that they love!!!!

let’s allow for professionals to select such players, we are only human, hence unable to attend each game and witness the efforts of multiple stand out players across the CAS competition in its entirety. However, I have heard sprinklings that some surprise players of the Blue and Gold may be entering the ranks of the undying CAS glory. Thoughts?
I think you swallowed a thesaurus but suffer from syntax-intolerance.
I also think you should try posting something half-sensible instead of shite.
This thread can take this as a general warning.

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
Barker v Nudgee game to be streamed on NSW rugby tv

I've done a bit of cheeky reconnaissance on the QLD GPS forum, and have been told Nudgee are solid, but not as good as they were last year. The same can be said for this years Barker team. Not the clash of the titans it was last year unfortunately. Probably not even the match of the day with some very good GPS match ups happening. Then again a lot of these matchups have been spoiled by injury. Scots View would have been great but Scots apparently have 6 boys out. Knox are playing an injury plagued Oakhill. Waves vs Augs would have been great but injuries. I think the match of the day might be Newington vs Kings.

Rugbyrules12

Frank Row (1)
1. Hill
2. Dowling
3. Goddard
4. Ericsson
5. Van Wyk
6. Ryan
7. Hanley
8. Tonohoe
9. Patterson
10. Sinclare Harris
11. Caswell
12. Enasio
13. Mcdonald
14. Hall
15. Poynton
Not 100% sure if all players are fully fit I know a couple of these boys have missed some games.
I think two boys from Cranbrook Girle (5) and Ah-Colt (3) are a must in this lineup. Vice captain and captain of Cranbrook respectively and have been performing to their full potential recently, would be tough to leave them out.

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
I think two boys from Cranbrook Girle (5) and Ah-Colt (3) are a must in this lineup. Vice captain and captain of Cranbrook respectively and have been performing to their full potential recently, would be tough to leave them out.
Not sure if hills fit or not but if he is I’d have him over ah colt. Was Aus 16s last year and has been impressive against strong opposition, including a massive newington pack and view. Goddards a must. Can’t see girlie starting at 2 row over two gen blue 2022 players.