• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Don't know where "Death Valley" came from. In my day, we called it "Concrete Park", because the surface was rock hard.
Ok Snort, for once I have some history for you.

I was at the same match up v Brook a few years ago, and a good Cranbrook mate of mine said "We used to always dread playing at Death Valley, in fact, we used to look at the season schedule when it came out to check".

Dumbfounded I said, "Death Valley?" and the answer was "Yep the surrounding hills, and we used to get hammered".
Which isn't always the case!
So it was given to us by others, NOT named by us.

We do like the gift though :p

There is also a little sign above the locker room door, that all the boys slap as they leave for the game, which has been there for many years,, it says, you are at Queens Park INTW.
These initials are prevalent on most/every mouth guard, such is the passion.

Cheers Ol Rival!

CAS Fanatic

Peter Burge (5)
Ok Snort, for once I have some history for you.

I was at the same match up v Brook a few years ago, and a good Cranbrook mate of mine said "We used to always dread playing at Death Valley, in fact, we used to look at the season schedule when it came out to check".

Dumbfounded I said, "Death Valley?" and the answer was "Yep the surrounding hills, and we used to get hammered".
Which isn't always the case!
So it was given to us by others, NOT named by us.

We do like the gift though :p

There is also a little sign above the locker room door, that all the boys slap as they leave for the game, which has been there for many years,, it says, you are at Queens Park INTW.
These initials are prevalent on most/every mouth guard, such is the passion.

Cheers Ol Rival!
Seeing as we are upon a new era of rugby and the fact there is nothing intimidating about a public park, the boys these days refer to it as good old Queens Park 1. Jokes aside, I'm keen for some Saturday arvo footy, also will be interesting to see how the 16As hold up, I hear Waverly have a strong line up aswell as Cranbrook who beat the undefeated St Augustines side who had played the likes of Joeys and Knox.

Last edited:

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Seeing as we are upon a new era of rugby and the fact there is nothing intimidating about a public park, the boys these days refer to it as good old Queens Park 1. Jokes aside, I'm keen for some Saturday arvo footy, also will be interesting to see how the 16As hold up, I hear Waverly have a strong line up aswell as Cranbrook who beat the undefeated St Augustines side who had played the likes of Joeys and Knox.
Well CAS F, if the Cranbrook 16as beat Auggies then it will be a terrific game.
Sounds like you, like all of us, are pumped for a huge day!

P.S. Referring to it as just old QP, is nice, and yep, nothing intimidating about Death Valley.:cool:

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Tips for the games this week.

Cranbrook v Waves - Waves will get up, a full-strength team except for 1 season-ending injured player, they are a very good side still! People forget their rough start to the season, they have slowly regained momentum with recent acknowledgeable wins over decent sides. The difference for Cranbrook this season has been their large aggressive forward pack. Waves have just the same amount of size and aggression within their own pack, add on some very talented and dangerous backs and they should show Cranbrook that they are not a bottom 3 CAS team. I would not count Cranbrook out of this game though.

Barker v Aloys - Barker 20+ (expect an Aloys try or two!)

Knox v Trinity - Again, not too much to be said about this one, Knox 30+.

BlackBlue

Stan Wickham (3)
Knox 16As are also undefeated overcoming Newington, Joeys, Shore, Oakhill, Pats and a draw in monsoonal conditions against Auggies..I think Cranbrook, Waves and Barker will be very competitive and enjoyable footy to watch

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
My Predicted 1st xv CAS Lineup

1. Pule (waves)
2. Meagher (trinity)
3. Hill (barker)
4. Ericson (knox)
5. Van Wyk (barker)
6. Tofeano (waverley)
7. Aboud (waverley)
8. Talaileva (barker)
9. Hatten-Ward (trinity)
10. Patea (waverly)
11. Allen (cranbrook)
12. Wheals (barker)
13. Enasio (knox)
14. Chandler-Sullivan (barker)
15. Poynton (barker)
Well since Barker have now locked in all four coaching roles in CAS 1s and 2s i think you have underdone how many Barker boys will be selected, even if Knox win the comp.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Well since Barker have now locked in all four coaching roles in CAS 1s and 2s i think you have underdone how many Barker boys will be selected, even if Knox win the comp.
Hopefully they learned the lesson from last year after CAS were pummelled by GPS. Other kids from other schools are good at rugby too.

JohnnyOhns

Stan Wickham (3)
I've heard Nick Hill has an injury that is set to sideline him for a while syndesmosis i believe, and that he isn't playing in the prop role anymore. He has lost a lot of weight and is playing 8. However, I think Ah-Colt (Cranbrook) or Goodard (Knox) could fill in this role of tighthead well. A lot of depth in this position this year will prove as a headache for selectors as both are well capable of playing CAS 1's.

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
6C266387-2B12-40B7-9732-9E9509EC2B8A.jpeg

JohnnyOhns

Stan Wickham (3)
I've heard Nick Hill has an injury that is set to sideline him for a while syndesmosis i believe, and that he isn't playing in the prop role anymore. He has lost a lot of weight and is playing 8. However, I think Ah-Colt (Cranbrook) or Goodard (Knox) could fill in this role of tighthead well. A lot of depth in this position this year will prove as a headache for selectors as both are well capable of playing CAS 1's.
I stand corrected with the Nick hill injury and the position change. Whoops :).

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
This isn’t true. He did have a high ankle sprain but he’s back, he was sin binned early in the 2nd half against stannies but looked fully fit. It’s between him a Pule to who plays loosehead