• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

Ziggy

Allen Oxlade (6)
I must say as a CAS student and parent of a GPS rugby player, I was very impressed spending the bulk of a Sat morning at Oakhill. A real rugby school through and through. Games on all the ovals all morning and at least 20 teams from what I saw on the program. A jewell of the ISA.
The BBQ was superb and very reasonably priced!

frount lowers

Frank Row (1)
Well done to Waverley with their efforts against Aloy's, especially Ollie Aboud and Felix Turinui. Great to see the year 12 boys enjoy their last game at qp wearing the VV. I saw 2's prop have a crack for goal who knew props could kick nowadays? Did anyone see if it went in couldn't see from where I was sitting, unfortunately.

Footy248

Banned
Have heard lots of chat out of the Waverley corner with talks that a full year 12 team will be announced for the trinity game, Shock to see the players like Aboud, Evans and Finegan out of the team considering the success so far. Perhaps more to this then is being let out. out

Footy248

Banned
Well done to Waverley with their efforts against Aloy's, especially Ollie Aboud and Felix Turinui. Great to see the year 12 boys enjoy their last game at qp wearing the VV. I saw 2's prop have a crack for goal who knew props could kick nowadays? Did anyone see if it went in couldn't see from where I was sitting, unfortunately.
Unfortunately just hit the post, Absolute beast of a kick from the front rower though.

BlackBlue

Stan Wickham (3)
With quite an interesting and competitive 16A's season shaping up (with Knox and Barker playing for the title this weekend), and Cranbrook who held both teams to a close score. As well, as an incredibly close First XV competition this year (with the possibility of a three way joint premiership). Will next years CAS comp be as competitive and tight as the one this year?
The 16’s is a strong age group across the board so the teams that have a good mix of boys playing a second year of 1st’s with the new talent in year 11 will be competitive. 2024 will be a tight contest with Waverley, Knox & Barker fighting for the title. Happy for Cranbrook being a lot more competitive but earlier posts stating not many have played footy outside of school will ensure they fall short again. You can’t expect boys to develop/improve with only playing 10 games of footy per year. Most 13-16 a grade players play 3 times that throughout the year.

moa999

Fred Wood (13)
Also a big year for Knox - Centenary, and good that they don't appear to have gone down the path of other schools in the past.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Also a big year for Knox - Centenary, and good that they don't appear to have gone down the path of other schools in the past.
You know google exists right.

And I mean your starting 5/8 started the year at a different school this year…

Don’t be holier than this or it will be called out. I can delete this too if you want.

moa999

Fred Wood (13)
I've got no iron in the fire for many years, so no need for the personal attack.

Kids change schools for various reasons.
A handful of 'better players' arriving in the senior years is to be expected - most private schools get bigger as you go through the years.

I suggest you go back and look at the history of GPS schools in the 80/90s and early 2010s where you had the majority of teams replaced in the senior years at a number of schools.
Things kind of came to ahead in the Basketball season of 2013.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
ok thanks
ordinary numbers. I guess when you offer table tennis as a winter sport you're going to struggle to fill 4 teams like Barker did 20 years ago...

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
Last year there was 15 games between Knox and Barker to finish the year for the Headmasters Cup. Knox won 13.
It would be great to get all schools with 20+ teams again but i think those days have passed. As for the girls reducing numbers, Kinross only has 70 boys in each year and does manage to field a few C teams.

Unfortunately, the big clash 16A game won't be on Knox 1.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
there will definitely be teething problems with a transition to co-ed and the same will be experienced at Cranbrook when they start to transition but the goal for these to schools should be to have a similar rugby program (and BBQ) as Oakhill.
Oakhill is Co-Ed as well but only for Yr 11 & 12

BlackBlue

Stan Wickham (3)
Last year there was 15 games between Knox and Barker to finish the year for the Headmasters Cup. Knox won 13.
It would be great to get all schools with 20+ teams again but i think those days have passed. As for the girls reducing numbers, Kinross only has 70 boys in each year and does manage to field a few C teams.

Unfortunately, the big clash 16A game won't be on Knox 1.
Yes it on Knox 1 at 12pm

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
there will definitely be teething problems with a transition to co-ed and the same will be experienced at Cranbrook when they start to transition but the goal for these to schools should be to have a similar rugby program (and BBQ) as Oakhill.
This bbq has really left a mark on you ziggy. That good huh?