• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Ah, but WLF, I beg to differ. In the CAS round on 18 November 1978, Cranbrook beat St Aloysius, Trinity played a dull draw with Barker and Waverley played St Patricks in the cricket. It was a draw - St Pats 216 (Paul Grimble and the very slow Dave Thomas made runs), Waverley 6-165 (McKay and Coorey scored fifties). I assume this was the game in which John Coorey claims to have broken Justin Gleeson's glasses. Now, WLF, if what you meant was that you never scored any runs against St Pats...
You are being pedantic! Maybe I did forget about that Cricket game, as I don't remember it. It wasn't a CAS comp game! Of that I am sure.
And whilst unsure I would have thought we played Knox that day if it was a real CAS round!
Keen to know your source on this, and it may have been 1`of the few days I didn't score lots of runs :p

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
WLF, I disagree with you on few things, but the point to remember about CAS sport back in the day was the crazy pretence that (apart from swimming and track) there were no competitions. So in one sense there were no CAS competition games at all. Thankfully we grew out of that...

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
WLF, I disagree with you on few things, but the point to remember about CAS sport back in the day was the crazy pretence that (apart from swimming and track) there were no competitions. So in one sense there were no CAS competition games at all. Thankfully we grew out of that...
Agree Snort, we disagree on not much, but this discussion has run its race. We will have to agree to disagree, my final word is that the season was always organized such that the CAS schools all played each other at the end of each season, logically why, to determine the best CAS school footy team. Everyone knew it was a comp for the member schools, if there is a technical reason why it wasn't a comp is silly (not from your end) because everyone knew what it all meant.

I will be at Trinity tomorrow, as will many other Waves fans, I REALLY hope Trinity has good support, the team definitely deserves it.
May the best team win!

Let me know, I hope to say G'Day.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Game day.

And it's odd, because there are three schools in the hunt for a premiership, but it doesn't really feel like a cliffhanger.

Waverley, of course, will be premiers no matter what happens. And I would love Trinity to upset them at Summer Hill this afternoon. But I can't see it happening. Waverley has too much gas, and Trinity probably pushed itself to the peak of its potential in beating Cranbrook and Barker. Knox put 50 points on Trinity; Waverley is better than Knox. Logic says that Waverley wins. I can't see Waverley being complacent about this one - it's their last game for the school and they're playing for an unbeaten premiership.

At the start of the season, when Waverley was struggling, I thought that Knox v Barker was likely to be the premiership decider. Now Knox looks by far the stronger side and I expect them to win fairly comfortably today. Even then they'll need a miracle at Summer Hill to get their hands on a share of the Plume Shield.

And I expect Cranbrook to flat-track-bully a win over St Aloysius.

It would be nice to be wrong (for once).

Famed_Star

Allen Oxlade (6)
Game day.

And it's odd, because there are three schools in the hunt for a premiership, but it doesn't really feel like a cliffhanger.

Waverley, of course, will be premiers no matter what happens. And I would love Trinity to upset them at Summer Hill this afternoon. But I can't see it happening. Waverley has too much gas, and Trinity probably pushed itself to the peak of its potential in beating Cranbrook and Barker. Knox put 50 points on Trinity; Waverley is better than Knox. Logic says that Waverley wins. I can't see Waverley being complacent about this one - it's their last game for the school and they're playing for an unbeaten premiership.

At the start of the season, when Waverley was struggling, I thought that Knox v Barker was likely to be the premiership decider. Now Knox looks by far the stronger side and I expect them to win fairly comfortably today. Even then they'll need a miracle at Summer Hill to get their hands on a share of the Plume Shield.

And I expect Cranbrook to flat-track-bully a win over St Aloysius.

It would be nice to be wrong (for once).
Snort,

I will say, as a Waverley supporter, Trinity will be well prepared and excited for the game today. So it is anyone’s game. While Waverley would no doubt love undefeated, Trinity have had a hard 12 months as a school, so it would also be no shame in sharing the title.
Good luck to all today.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
Snort,

I will say, as a Waverley supporter, Trinity will be well prepared and excited for the game today. So it is anyone’s game. While Waverley would no doubt love undefeated, Trinity have had a hard 12 months as a school, so it would also be no shame in sharing the title.
Good luck to all today.
What happened ???

DavidMurray11

Frank Row (1)
People are sleeping on Aloysius. The crowd for the soccer is huge, and it hasn’t stopped growing all day. Aloysius have the heart to get it done, and the crowd could certainly be a key factor in an Aloysius underdog victory.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
5m scrum to Waverley. Waverley has a big size advantage in the forwards. Try on the blind side. Conversion from touch is good. 10-3.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Attacking scrum Waverley. But Trinity wins a turnover penalty. No sign of WLF unless he’s put on 60kg and has a beard.