• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

An early (possibly too early) 1st XV CAS lineup prediction:

1. Harper Sterachan (Knox)
2. Max Meagher (Trinity)
3. Nick Hill (Barker)
4. James Finegan (Waverley)
5. Liam Isaako (Trinity)
6. Heath Turner (Knox)
7. Ollie Aboud (Waverley)
8. Cameron Mackenzie (Cranbrook)
9. Kera Weaver (Barker)
10. Harrison Dene (Barker)
11. Zeke Edmed (Trinity)
12. Tua Tatea (Waverley)
13. Max Roach (Knox)
14. Jaxson Allen (Cranbrook)
15. Charlie Poynton (Barker)

Thoughts?
Schneider at 9 (Waverley), Weaver playing 2's.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
29-24 to Cranbrook over St Pats in Friday Night Lights.

St Pats scored inside the first two minutes, after which the teams traded tries and it was 19-17 to St Pats at half time. St Pats scored first in the second half to lead 24-17 but Cranbrook stormed home with two tries in quick succession, then held off a late raid. The referee blew time when the ground clock showed nearly three minutes to go but he is, of course, the sole judge of time.

Odd game. Cranbrook had a massive size advantage in the forwards, to the point that when St Pats brought on a substitute scrum half in the second half, he was bigger than all but one of his forwards. It took Cranbrook a while to work out how to use it, but eventually they figured out that hard running in the forwards was a good way to make ground. St Pats were just outgunned in the forwards but had two good backs (10 and 13) and one exceptional one (15), who kept them in the contest. Best for Cranbrook were 1, 5, 8, 13 and 15. 1 and 8 ran hard, while 5 was good around the park and made a spectacular try-saving tackle on the St Pats 13. Cranbrook's 13 ran hard and straight and scored the matchwinning try. No programs that I saw so I can't help with names.

Small gripe: Cranbrook wore navy, St Pats black, and under the so-so lights at Easts, it wasn't always easy to tell who was who. Big attendance, despite the wet.

JohnnyOhns

Banned

St Pats scored inside the first two minutes, after which the teams traded tries and it was 19-17 to St Pats at half time. St Pats scored first in the second half to lead 24-17 but Cranbrook stormed home with two tries in quick succession, then held off a late raid. The referee blew time when the ground clock showed nearly three minutes to go but he is, of course, the sole judge of time.

Odd game. Cranbrook had a massive size advantage in the forwards, to the point that when St Pats brought on a substitute scrum half in the second half, he was bigger than all but one of his forwards. It took Cranbrook a while to work out how to use it, but eventually they figured out that hard running in the forwards was a good way to make ground. St Pats were just outgunned in the forwards but had two good backs (10 and 13) and one exceptional one (15), who kept them in the contest. Best for Cranbrook were 1, 5, 8, 13 and 15. 1 and 8 ran hard, while 5 was good around the park and made a spectacular try-saving tackle on the St Pats 13. Cranbrook's 13 ran hard and straight and scored the matchwinning try. No programs that I saw so I can't help with names.

Small gripe: Cranbrook wore navy, St Pats black, and under the so-so lights at Easts, it wasn't always easy to tell who was who. Big attendance, despite the wet.
15 did an exceptional job as the fill in fullback for Jaxson Allen. His enormous left boot kept Woods and Conti occupied well. Very much a great team performance from Cranbrook and a great win against a well drilled side. The Cranbrook defence did exceptionally well in keeping Conti quiet, however, Woods was running rampant at times.

Regards,

JO

scrumhead99

Ward Prentice (10)

I believe Cranbrook 15 was Riley Keen, the 13 was Lance Tovio, the 8 was Cam Mackenzie, the 5 was Jack Weeks and the 1 was James Jackson.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I’m at the Summer Hill swamp. The cricket pitch is a bog. Plus 34 Trinity 12 in seconds.

Pius has the first attacking line ou and rumbles over. 5-0

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I know it’s wet, but Trinity’s backs are spilling a lot of ball under no particular pressure

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Pius hooker kicks goals from the sideline. 14-5 and Trinity cough up the ball again.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Trinity gets a penalty and opts for a scrum. Can the backs hold the ball? They don’t get the chance - Trinity keep it in tight and it’s a prop who knocks on

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Trinity again takes a scrum from a penalty. Winger Prideaux knocks on trying to ground the ball.