• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

Cranbrook's Locked Doors

Stan Wickham (3)
I'll give it a red hot crack,

16A's
Knox
Cranbrook
Waverley
Barker
Aloys
Trinity

15A's
Same as 16's, with Cranbrook dropping to 4th, and Trinity squeaking into the top 3, Aloys bumping Barker to 6th.

14A's and 13A's remain a slight mystery with little in the way of information but would safely go with Waverley, Trinity and Cranbrook leading the ladder, and Knox dropping due to whispers of little depth. The rest is up in the air.

Cheers,
JM67
16s Waverley will win CAS. Very strong side this year. They beat Kings 53 - 5.

lineout.lunch

Bob McCowan (2)
Definitely a chance. As a strong supporter of a GPS team, there seems to be a lack of depth in the GPS 1st XV relative to CAS 1st XV's. I hope it's closer than last year.
Here we are clashing heads again scrum, this time I will be firing first. The depth in the GPS XV is far greater than the CAS XV, CAS may have the better team on paper with big names from LEAGUE, but maybe just wait till we are a bit further into the season and there may be a few injuries for these young men.

Predicted CAS 16s
1.C.Preketes-WC
2.R.Leilua-WC
3.K.Talakai-WC
4.T.Smith-BC
5.S.Penitani-WC
6.T.Pearce-CS
7.H.Wiki-Sullivan-KG
8.C.Grant-WC
9.J.Rath-BC
10.P.Tarau-WC
11.H.Chan-KC
12.P.Teisina-WC
13.T.Aufai-Farani-CS
14.C.Matia-WC
15.K.Towns-WC

Honourable mentions/bench
16. J.Ah colt-CB
17. H.Jaeger-WC
18. N.Kotorac KC
19. L.Niulala-TGS
20. C.Cronan-CS
21. C.harris-CS
22. K.Hoffman-CS

Last edited:

RugbyBot

Frank Nicholson (4)
Predicted CAS 16s
1.C.Preketes-WC
2.R.Leilua-WC
3.K.Talakai-WC
4.T.Smith-BC
5.S.Penitani-WC
6.T.Pearce-CS
7.H.Wiki-Sullivan-KG
8.C.Grant-WC
9.J.Rath-BC
10.P.Tarau-WC
11.H.Chan-KC
12.P.Teisina-WC
13.T.Aufai-Farani-CS
14.C.Matia-WC
15.K.Towns-WC

16. J.Ah colt-CB
17. H.Jaeger-WC
18. N.Kotorac KC
19. L.Niulala-TGS
20. C.Cronan-CS
21. C.harris-CS
22. K.Hoffman-CS
23. J.Delooze-WC
Do you, possibly, go to Waverley?

Jhayne123

Banned
Predicted CAS 16s
1.C.Preketes-WC
2.R.Leilua-WC
3.K.Talakai-WC
4.T.Smith-BC
5.S.Penitani-WC
6.T.Pearce-CS
7.H.Wiki-Sullivan-KG
8.C.Grant-WC
9.J.Rath-BC
10.P.Tarau-WC
11.H.Chan-KC
12.P.Teisina-WC
13.T.Aufai-Farani-CS
14.C.Matia-WC
15.K.Towns-WC

16. J.Ah colt-CB
17. H.Jaeger-WC
18. N.Kotorac KC
19. L.Niulala-TGS
20. C.Cronan-CS
21. C.harris-CS
22. K.Hoffman-CS
23. J.Delooze-WC
I somewhat agree with this but i think that inigo McVinnish from cranbrook school should be the starting hooker. He is coming of a well played game against St Pats last week and he played the best out of everyone in the CAS competition.

Cheers,
Jarryd

OutsideSentHer13

Allen Oxlade (6)
I somewhat agree with this but i think that inigo McVinnish from cranbrook school should be the starting hooker. He is coming of a well played game against St Pats last week and he played the best out of everyone in the CAS competition.

Cheers,
Jarryd
I believe you may be mistaken. I have reffed Inigo when he was in the younger years however he went to Kings. Has he moved schools?

Cheers,
Arthur

Jhayne123

Banned
I believe you may be mistaken. I have reffed Inigo when he was in the younger years however he went to Kings. Has he moved schools?

Cheers,
Arthur
Dear Mr Sent Her,

You are correct. Inigo did attend kings in his younger year, however, he wanted to pursue his rugby career at a real rugby school like Cranbrook. They offered him a scholarship at TKS but decided to come to Cranbrook as it has a phenomenal rugby program I heard.

Thanks,
Jarryd

OutsideSentHer13

Allen Oxlade (6)
Heard from a friend that's a Cranbrook Coach, kid called Willoughby Pearson-Cheek is on the rise and a good one to watch out for in the 16C's. Great local bloke known around Bondi. Side note, his brother in law played for the Warratahs for 3 seasons.
Righto mate, you're in Cranbrook year 10- good on ya. Now stop clogging up the forum and go back to your classroom.

Regards,
Arthur

Last edited:

Soupnasty

Bob McCowan (2)
Tips for this week?

Waverley v Stannies
Gregs v Barker
Knox
v Pats
Aug v Cranbrook
Aloys v
Kinross
Oakhill v Trinity

After a couple of wet rounds, hopefully, this week, we will get a better sense of where everyone stands.
Waverley 12+
Barker 21+
Knox 12+
Aug 7+
Kinross 3+
Oakhill 5+