• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
what were the results Vs Knox and Waverly this season? Curious, because this Barker cohort has never played Joeys even when the Barker 1's did.
Knox v Barker 16As last round was between two unbeaten teams. Knox kicked a penalty with 3m left to win the game by 2. Two very similar teams.
Knox team beat Joeys and Shore earlier in the season.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Knox v Barker 16As last round was between two unbeaten teams. Knox kicked a penalty with 3m left to win the game by 2. Two very similar teams.
Knox team beat Joeys and Shore earlier in the season.
They did beat Joeys with an intercept near the death, however the team they played was missing 9 or so from the 15A equivalent (injuries and promotions to opens) so it isn't a great reference point for next year.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
AA I don’t think it was 9.. more like 4 players
perhaps, I can't remember perfectly that far back. Apart from the ones promoted at camp a number only played half a game as they went on in the seconds. Certainly by the following weekend, between injuries and promotion 9 or so were gone for the season.

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)
perhaps, I can't remember perfectly that far back. Apart from the ones promoted at camp a number only played half a game as they went on in the seconds. Certainly by the following weekend, between injuries and promotion 9 or so were gone for the season.
Upshot is that Knox had a strong u16 squad, as seen by them getting more Gen Blue reps than any other school (except Joeys...). Surprised to see Barker get close to them TBH.

Famed_Star

Allen Oxlade (6)
The 16a’s is a solid measure. The u18’s list from Waverley next year were the u16’s two years ago that won that comp and were in the Waverley firsts and seconds this year. And the best Waverley u16’s from this year were in the firsts and seconds this year, plus an injury to their best player who would have been in the firsts all season.

So take what you want from u16’s, but it doesn’t tell the whole story. Knox had 7 gen blue to Waverley’s 1 this year and the result speaks for itself.

Last edited:

Footy248

Banned
Talking about u16, Although Waverley didn't do well at all in the 16s. firstly there was a lot of individual talent but more than that, there were a bunch of injuries which didn't help.

Well said by @Famed_Star, u16's does tell a story but not the full one. I believe it will be between Waverley and Knox again this year. Very tight this year

moa999

Fred Wood (13)
16s is one guide, but also depends how many boys playing Opens in Yr 11.

Its why the predicted teams posts including where they played in 2023 are so useful.

Last edited:

james richards

Stan Wickham (3)
Thoughts on if there should be a promotion / demotion system in place between ISA, CAS and GPS

personally I think it would be quite beneficial and make for some interesting events

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Hill, Daly, Thomas, Talaileva, Kotatarac, Rous, Weaver, Dene, Chandler-Sullivan and poynton return as well as other boys who played a couple games in Sentonaris, Hargreaves, and Gibb. Is there any other CAS team thag has more returning players?

JackJill

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hill, Daly, Thomas, Talaileva, Kotatarac, Rous, Weaver, Dene, Chandler-Sullivan and poynton return as well as other boys who played a couple games in Sentonaris, Hargreaves, and Gibb. Is there any other CAS team thag has more returning players?
Trinity's whole team for the most part is year 11 and under, do not be surprised to see them knocking off some better teams next year.