• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
Cranbrook's 2nd XV 9 (Marchant, year 11) this year was outstanding, I think he was better than the 1st XV 9 for Cranbrook (which understandably sounds stupid), he may very well have a good shot at this, as well as Jed Smith, playing CAS 2's last year (out of his preferred position) and still putting up a solid performance. Tovio should be a given at 12 or 13, going into his 3rd year of 1st XV rugby next year.

It wouldn't be the first time in schoolboy rugby history where a superior player is stuck behind another boy in his position. Got no idea if this case is one of these situations, but it's not uncommon.

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Does anyone know if the Aus team playing against Tonga schoolboys in a few weeks is the team selected from the all schools tournament or includes gen blue and reds academy players?

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
Hell of a lot of Barker in this Brumbies v Tahs game with Finau, Saihyoun, Sagala, Biet, Kennedy, Hooper (Phillipson in the force team too).

I also see AJ Preketes on the force team and Saunders with NSW.

Last edited:

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Enasio play for the Tahs for the u18s like a few months ago? Is there a reason why he's playing for the Brumbies now?
Probably signed with the brumbies after the cas season. wouldn’t be surprised if he has the same manager as some of the barker boys who played for the brumbies

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
u15's Tahs squad released. Slightly concerning for CAS with only 3 CAS representatives making that squad (one Barker, one Waves, one Trinity)...

To put this in perspective, Oakhill had 6 of the 26 players. Additionally, King's had 4 and Newington had 3... This age group seems to be a weak one coming through. Maybe someone has another insight though?

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Waves have 3-4 boys in their u15’s team that are a year young. Their best u14’s player(who plays in the u15’s) plays 10 and played at 6 for the recent CIS u15’s team instead of trialling for rugby.

Their best u15’s were also playing u16’s And weren’t considered because they weren’t playing in the right age group!

Waves won the u15’s but we won’t actually see how strong they are until they come together in the opens.

it is a bit strange kids like Talakai and Penitani didn’t get picked though, both huge and talented kids, but both playing up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 777

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)
I wouldn’t read too much into it. The selection process doesn’t give the very few selectors a particularly wide view of the age group, esp as they don’t look at school games. CAS will have a strong U16 team next year and no doubt there will be numerous changes.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Waves have 3-4 boys in their u15’s team that are a year young. Their best u14’s player(who plays in the u15’s) plays 10 and played at 6 for the recent CIS u15’s team instead of trialling for rugby.

Their best u15’s were also playing u16’s And weren’t considered because they weren’t playing in the right age group!

Waves won the u15’s but we won’t actually see how strong they are until they come together in the opens.

it is a bit strange kids like Talakai and Penitani didn’t get picked though, both huge and talented kids, but both playing up.
Talakai and Penitani both got picked in the u14s team.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
u15's Tahs squad released. Slightly concerning for CAS with only 3 CAS representatives making that squad (one Barker, one Waves, one Trinity)...

To put this in perspective, Oakhill had 6 of the 26 players. Additionally, King's had 4 and Newington had 3... This age group seems to be a weak one coming through. Maybe someone has another insight though?
Does the fact Oakhill have 6 make it a weak team? You could almost make it 7 as Risati from Kings started at Kings this year after coming across from Oakhill. That year has been extremely strong in both the club teams , state champs and school games they have played in. Because they are playing in ISA and outnumbered the CAS & GPS selections doesn’t indicate weakness

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
Does the fact Oakhill have 6 make it a weak team? You could almost make it 7 as Risati from Kings started at Kings this year after coming across from Oakhill. That year has been extremely strong in both the club teams , state champs and school games they have played in. Because they are playing in ISA and outnumbered the CAS & GPS selections doesn’t indicate weakness

Hankspank. Please see ISA thread before you blow up and look silly for literally no reason.

The fact that one school was able to create double the Waratahs that the entirety of the CAS is something I find problematic for the CAS... Nothing to have a dummy spit about.

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hankspank. Please see ISA thread before you blow up and look silly for literally no reason.

The fact that one school was able to create double the Waratahs that the entirety of the CAS is something I find problematic for the CAS... Nothing to have a dummy spit about.
Yeah Red was talking up Oakhill. That team has been dominate since u13s and is still even without Risati who is the best player in the age group. Great for ISA and NSW Rugby, not so much for CAS.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)

I don't know why you think this age group is week when the 2022 u14 Gen blue team (This group) won last year against the U15 Gen blue teams in the next gen cup and put a big score on Brisbane when Sydney vsed Brisbane last year. IMO it's a talented group.