• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

Waverley 1stXV Predicted Lineup
1.A.Godby
2.D.Sione
3.J.Tangi
4.J.Finnegan
5.E.Little
6.E.Lyons
7.J.Nestor
8.O.Aboud
9.H.Schnider
10.T.Patea
11.J.Ballard
12.T.Mckenna
13.R.Evans
14.J.Lewis
15.K.Capper
16.P.Teisina
17. C.Preketes
Number 16. P.Teisina
Doesn't have enough union experience as last year was his first year playing union. He tends to tackle quite high and with the new law below the sternum, I am concerned that his discipline with tackles would let the team down. He would need to learn to chop 24/7, especially being a centre. Which would be hard from playing league his whole life where their forte is wrapping the ball,

Number 17. C.Preketes
I doubt he make a 1st debut this year. Overrated he is just a big body. His defense and carries won't be strong enough for a 1st game. Hes just living in the shadow of AJ Preketes (Big Brother)

Last edited:
predicted knox 1stXV
1. Archie Stanley
2. Seb Gyngell
3. Harper Stratchen
4. Harry Cluff
5. Jett Attard
6. Orlando Crino
7. Jarvis Orr
8. Heath Turner
9. Gabe Gordon
10. Tye Jecks
11. Reilly Caswell
12. Max Roach
13. Tom Haslem
14. Tom Quigley
15. Henry Colvin
Isn't Jarvis Orr Injured???

UpnUnder

Allen Oxlade (6)
predicted knox 1stXV
1. Archie Stanley
2. Seb Gyngell
3. Harper Stratchen
4. Harry Cluff
5. Jett Attard
6. Orlando Crino
7. Jarvis Orr
8. Heath Turner
9. Gabe Gordon
10. Tye Jecks
11. Reilly Caswell
12. Max Roach
13. Tom Haslem
14. Tom Quigley
15. Henry Colvin
I thought that they would have a better forward pack than this.

baked beans

Stan Wickham (3)
big loss out of Waverley camp with Ehren Little tearing his acl at friday night basketball against cranbrook in the first 5 looking like he will be out for the whole season

Barry The pigeon

Frank Row (1)
There is a range of talent coming out of the 13A'S this year. A young lad by the name of Billy Beetson (Grandson Of Arthur Beetson), bigger body, strong carries and very good ball security. Junior Pohiva should be looking good for the 14A'S hooker spot this year. Weighing in at 110kgs, Pohiva's got a big shot in him, however after 10 minutes, he's gone due to a lack of endurance and cardiovascular fitness.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
big loss out of Waverley camp with Ehren Little tearing his acl at friday night basketball against cranbrook in the first 5 looking like he will be out for the whole season
The poor kid.

That’s a big blow to Waverley with very little in the way of second rowers coming through.
Hopefully he recovers well and quickly.

The loss of two firsts players for the year to ACL’s is cruel.

Last edited:
Any news from inside the Trinity camp? I know they lost a few talented players from last year leading me to think that they wont have a successful year. Is there any new talent being welcomed into the squad?

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
predicted knox 1stXV
1. Archie Stanley
2. Seb Gyngell
3. Harper Stratchen
4. Harry Cluff
5. Jett Attard
6. Orlando Crino
7. Jarvis Orr
8. Heath Turner
9. Gabe Gordon
10. Tye Jecks
11. Reilly Caswell
12. Max Roach
13. Tom Haslem
14. Tom Quigley
15. Henry Colvin
Ollie ryan?

joebeale

Frank Row (1)
Any news from inside the Trinity camp? I know they lost a few talented players from last year leading me to think that they wont have a successful year. Is there any new talent being welcomed into the squad?
They picked up a young gun from Penrith with a league background but he is only in 15 this year but still has a possibility to play 1st this year

Yorak Hunt

Frank Row (1)
Waverley 1stXV Predicted Lineup
1.A.Godby
2.D.Sione
3.J.Tangi
4.J.Finnegan
5.E.Little
6.E.Lyons
7.J.Nestor
8.O.Aboud
9.H.Schnider
10.T.Patea
11.J.Ballard
12.T.Mckenna
13.R.Evans
14.J.Lewis
15.K.Capper
16.P.Teisina
17. C.Preketes
I've heard about a young prospect Zac Vivieaere Bates, a tall second rower who is aggresive in the ruck. He shows massive upside potential as he has the work rate of a one armed bricklayer in Baghdad. He is a must have in the 1s.

moa999

Fred Wood (13)
Joker isn't a mod afaik, indeed copped a ban last year himself.. and don't believe he's posted since last year.

Like most forums suspect the mods don't read every post and only intervene when posts are being reported. Maybe those reading the CAS forum have thicker skins.

The recent deletions and closures in the GPS forums were all over a series of fake team lists that were getting posted from what I could see.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
So.. today I learned that it’s ok to comment on some schools, but others are protected.. Is the Joker in charge of G&G?

Barker gets hammered.. no one flinches an eye.. but comment on the blue and Cerise.. half the forum gets deleted.
well the truth is the truth buddy.

Nevergiveup

Stan Wickham (3)
So.. today I learned that it’s ok to comment on some schools, but others are protected.. Is the Joker in charge of G&G?

Barker gets hammered.. no one flinches an eye.. but comment on the blue and Cerise.. half the forum gets deleted.
Agree JJ.The Cerise boys get very upset when commenting of subsidised students attending the school….Everyone knows if you provide a country address then “magic” happens.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Agree JJ.The Cerise boys get very upset when commenting of subsidised students attending the school….Everyone knows if you provide a country address then “magic” happens.
A small number of boys that receive bush bursaries are good at rugby. The majority of boys from the bush who receive bursaries are not good at rugby. Joeys does not have a choir or triangle ensemble. Also, boys from the bush will start yr 7,8 or 9 depending on what their parents can afford. Occasionally they might come in 10 or 11, again, depending on what their parents can afford. No one ever starts in yr 12 at all. Whilst we are at it, there has been a very long tradition of Waverley lads going to Joeys for later years. There were about 6 in my year, the best rugby player made the 3rds, 2 played soccer and the others were social . They were all quite academic. So no magic, just a very long tradition of Joeys (and Marist) connection to the country and a priority of providing balanced education.