• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

konbar

Peter Burge (5)
My CAS 16s side
9. Tejeck (B)/ Disano (A)
10. Kitchener (B)/ Westbury (A)

Considering the halves from Trinity are both in Year 10, I think they must get spots over the aloys blokes. I wouldn't pick chambers at 9 over Tejcek but would be handy off the bench. I think it would be tough to pick between Illias and Kitchener. Still a while off, lots of rugby to be played. Trying not to speak to much too soon.

Fanatic01

Frank Row (1)
Barker 16A

1. Matt Turner
2. Josh Stals
3. Tom Bullen
4. Lochie Dring
5. Harry Flaherty
6. Henry Gray
7. Angus Collison
8. Luc Weymouth
9. Richard Marais
10. Jack Dudley
11. Sam Kirwan
12. Matt Graham
13. Ben Bryden
14. Isaac Fisher
15. Lucas Delavere

Knox 16A

1. Al Currey
2. Sean Kennedy
3. James Frear
4. Michael Daine
5. Fred Guest
6. Dan Williams
7. Tim Fisher
8. Josh Ellis
9. Reuben Dunn
10. Josh McInerney
11. Tom Leigh
12. Noah Derwent
13. Ben Parsonage
14. Ben Shariat
15. Ed Curtis

Why isn't Cameron and Basheer playing?

Fanatic01

Frank Row (1)
My CAS 16s side comment if you see any other options
1. Frear (K)
2. Biviano (A)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Sullivan (A)
5. Flaherty (B)
6. Murphy (W)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tejeck (B)/ Disano (A)
10. Kitchener (B)/ Westbury (A)
11. Hollingsworth-Decent (T)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Basheer (B)

Ilias definetly is the better n.10 than those two

Hammer ball

Frank Row (1)
Barker 16A

1. Matt Turner
2. Josh Stals
3. Tom Bullen
4. Lochie Dring
5. Harry Flaherty
6. Henry Gray
7. Angus Collison
8. Luc Weymouth
9. Richard Marais
10. Jack Dudley
11. Sam Kirwan
12. Matt Graham
13. Ben Bryden
14. Isaac Fisher
15. Lucas Delavere

Knox 16A

1. Al Currey
2. Sean Kennedy
3. James Frear
4. Michael Daine
5. Fred Guest
6. Dan Williams
7. Tim Fisher
8. Josh Ellis
9. Reuben Dunn
10. Josh McInerney
11. Tom Leigh
12. Noah Derwent
13. Ben Parsonage
14. Ben Shariat
15. Ed Curtis
Apparently the fast running B's back rower/centre Hugh Craig is filling in for the injured Trobec this weekend

jeff thomson

Herbert Moran (7)
Trinity went down by 30 odd against a strong Waverley side. Big improvement from last week for the men in green but just couldn't do the simple things right

ChipKick

Herbert Moran (7)
Nice win by Knox today,

So i have Knox and Waverley both undefeated on 2 wins each.

Barker and Aloys with 1 each, Cranbrook and Trinity yet to win.

Makes for a great game next week Knox Vs Waverley. They've been the 2 sides to beat since 13's. Always a tough contest. Tipping Knox by 10

viewsfromthelips

Frank Row (1)
My CAS 16s side comment if you see any other options
1. Frear (K)
2. Biviano (A)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Sullivan (A)
5. Flaherty (B)
6. Murphy (W)
7. Anetti (W)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tejeck (B)/ Chambers (T)
10. Ilias (T)
11. Hollingsworth-Dessent (T)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K) injury?
14. Shariat (K)
15. Kitchener (B)

Based on today's performance, a few changes. Other players for consideration
Westbury (A), Basheer (B), Edmed (T), Lambert (T), Tanner (T)

B

BangladeshRugbyXV

Welcome women and gentleman

BangladeshRugbyXV news

St Alos 31 - Cran Brook 0 - Un lucky from gran brook - this boys not very good, St Alos very very good
DeshBanga Player of game: #1 Prop, Alos (very strong boy)

Knox 13 - Barker 0 - Barker not very happy from game. Barker, not very good 7/15. Knox very very good 13/15.
DeshBanga Player of game: Prop reserve, Tom Masi? (Very very very large boy). I count statistic Tom Masi:
Run: 3
Busted Tackle: 14
Pilfer: 3
Passing: 9
Kick: 1

DeshBanga round player: Tom Masi very very good man

Trinity ? - Waverly ?
BangladeshRugbyXV very very very sorry, was eating lunch (lunch very good!)

Bangladesh very thank you for reading

Bangladesh out

Victor Redmond

Frank Row (1)
Was watching Cranbrook vs Alos today and was very impressed by the #7, #8 And #10 especially the two back rowers tackling as they seemed to not let anything through and the #10s vision is outstanding, names?

bigboy

Stan Wickham (3)
Was watching Cranbrook vs Alos today and was very impressed by the #7, #8 And #10 especially the two back rowers tackling as they seemed to not let anything through and the #10s vision is outstanding, names?

#10 is James Westbury, #8 is Luke Ryan, and #7 is Alex Rahme

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
A better performance by the Knox 16s today. After a shaky start where the Barker boys had territorial ascendancy, the Knox forwards woke up and started to hit the Barker line with some hard straight running and good support play. The breakdown was still a bit hit and miss, but Knox retained enough ball to gain good territory and a bit of sustained pressure saw play move downfield and a nice flat ball on the Barker line from #10 McInnerney had #13 Cameron crash over for the first Knox try.

It was then a war of attrition, with tempers flaring as traditional Knox-Barker rivalry caused a few boys on both sides to get a bit agitated. Fortunately no one was foolish enough to let fly and things settled as the match moved towards oranges with plenty of willing runners and strong defence from both teams.

In the second half a few mistakes by Knox resulted in Barker pressuring their line with #4 Flaherty looking particularly dangerous. But the Warawee boys dug in each time and forced turnover or penalties at the breakdown and the tension was dissipated somewhat with a Knox penalty kick to take it to 8-0.

Barker then surged back down field and spent some minutes peppering the Knox line, which was assisted by a few Knox indiscretions at the breakdown. That said, the Knox lads defended doggedly and repelled several Barker advances, assisted by some handling errors by the boys in Red. Turning point was an astute move by the Knox coach to bring on both of the (very large) 16B props on a crucial Barker scrum feed 15m their side of half way, with one prop going to 2R. The additional pressure added by these boys resulted in a dominant win against the feed and crucial possession to the Blue n Black. Masi in particular is a #3 to watch for the not too distant future.

With the subsequent possession and 2 mins to go, Knox pressured the Barker line and McInerney managed to scavange the ball from the Knox forwards who were picking and driving as though free sausage sangers lay just across the chalk. With a lovely cut out ball which lasered two Barker defenders to OC Cameron, Mc dropped the ball on the chest of replacement winger McEwen who strolled over untouched to make it 13-0, with the subsequent conversion attempt unsuccessful.

Top marks for a full blooded effort by the Barker boys who worked tirelessly in attack and at the breakown all day, and to Knox, who spent more time than they should have relentlessly defending on their try line. Impressed with Barker #2 and 4 who worked hard throughout and threatened with their physicality in attack and defence. Centre Bryden also defended well and cut off a number of promising attacking forays by Knox before they got away. For Knox, #2 Kennedy and #7 Adams toiled relentlessly and #10 McInerney had a great kicking game and directed his troops around well.

Hammer ball

Frank Row (1)
Easy tiger. Just some friendly bants with a kid I actually know quite well. Also I wouldn't say that was in any way threatening, confrontational or rude.

Young man, I suggest you take your "friendly bants" to another medium such as Face Book. This is place for serious discussion about the game they play in heaven and we don't need fools such as yourself clogging up the forums with what many of us would describe as bulls***.

upthereds!

Frank Row (1)
Tough game for the boys in the red on the weekend, few standout players nonetheless. Should be a great contest come round 2. A few injuries from both sides but nothing major.
Man of the match- Edmund Curtis... NOT
UPTHERED

Status
Not open for further replies.