• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy jones

Frank Row (1)
Any standout players in the Alos v Trinity game?

Review of thr game??

Aloysius 10 very dynamic in attack and scored two tries. 13 bagged a hat trick and is very quick and solid defensively. Back row was also impressive, especially 7 who was very good with ball in hand and 8 who were very physical and aggressive. Played well across the park from 1-15 with the Fowards displaying good ball handling skills. Some sizeable units from trinity but were outmuscled by a more aggressive Aloysius pack. Generally were deprived of possession and were defending for most of the game. Poor defence out wide let in a few soft tries.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Great to see waves at least get up in 16s.... This age group might prove best hope for a title ... Not that giving up on 1st xv just yet.. Altgh a loss of the 8 will be pretty major

ChipKick

Herbert Moran (7)
I can definitely see Waves winning in the next 2 to 3 years. Every year they are in with a chance but just let it slip

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Off topic I know but what has happened to Waverley's 15As? They seem to have regressed since last year.

Short_Ball

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone have a report on the barker vs cranbrook game? Any standouts or injuries?
Does anyone have a report on the barker vs cranbrook game? Any standouts or injuries?
Barker had a strong performance against brook but struggled to dot the ball down after some strongly executed set plays, scoreline does not represent the dominance barker showed but I was impressed with Cranbrooks effort to hold out, they defended well for most of the game. Standouts for me where #5 flaherty and #13 Bryden for barker who both showed great attacking potential and some very solid defence. #13 for cranbrook was the standout with his constant defensive plays.

I have been extremely impressed with #13 Bryden throughout barkers season, he is there best player without a doubt, doesn't miss a tackle and he had Cameron in his back pocket all game against Knox

Barker came away with one injury to #12 Graham with a suspected Broken Nose

CAS_RumourMill

Bob McCowan (2)
Knox vs Waverley Review: Waverley are now the only team in the 16's that have been left undefeated after Knox went down at home 10-19. Waverley started strong and were the first to score through some impressive set play work. They got to the outside of the outside backs frequently and as they weren't protected by their forwards, the defence from Knox was pedestrian at best. Knox's worst enemy was their own discipline, as they conceded far too many penalties at the breakdown, culminating in a yellow card for their number 6 mid-way through the first half.
Waverley attacked to their strengths. They flooded the ruck and by sheer numbers alone, were able to push the more technical Knox forwards off. Their set plays whilst not flashy produced the results and created monstrous overlaps (3 on 1 was standard.)
Waverley earned their win and whilst the refereeing made the game less of a spectacle than it could have been, it was nonetheless immaterial as Knox were sorely beaten at home. The loss of Tom Cameron, who played his role in the 1st XV extremely well and is a certain starter for either 2nd grade CAS opens or captain of the CAS 16's side, was an obvious set-back for a team that wasn't fully ready to take on the Waverley forwards.

Lewis Thompson (4 Wav) played an outstanding game and left it all on the field. The best of the bunch for Knox was Ben Shariat (15) who often cleaned up the mess that started from an ill-formed game plan. Knox never got on the front foot through their forwards which was the only way they were going to win that game. It was also not helped by a confused 9 and 10 pairing that needs work in terms of chemistry and option taking in open play.

Overall a game that possibly went to form, Knox hadn't been entirely convincing thus far and when put under the pump came out second best. Needless to say, the reverse fixture will be incredibly interesting.

ChipKick

Herbert Moran (7)
Ok so know after watching every team except Cranbrook, I can give the 16's CAS a go.

1. Glastras (C)
2. Kennedy (K)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Trobec (K)
5. Brown (B)
6. Morreti (W)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tjeck (B)
10. Ilias (T)
11. Watson (K)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Basheer (B)
15. Kitchener (B)

Are we really giving them any chance against GPS tho?

Short_Ball

Frank Row (1)
Ok so know after watching every team except Cranbrook, I can give the 16's CAS a go.

1. Glastras (C)
2. Kennedy (K)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Trobec (K)
5. Brown (B)
6. Morreti (W)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tjeck (B)
10. Ilias (T)
11. Watson (K)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Basheer (B)
15. Kitchener (B)

Are we really giving them any chance against GPS tho?

I personally believe that Bryden (B) is a much better winger than Basheer (B) and it seems that nobody on here realises that Brown (B) no longer attends Barker college, he left last term. Should be replaced by flaherty, he has got some good experience from playing in 1's and it's showing I his performances

ChipKick

Herbert Moran (7)
I personally believe that Bryden (B) is a much better winger than Basheer (B) and it seems that nobody on here realises that Brown (B) no longer attends Barker college, he left last term.

That could be a option. Bryden has been playing some really good footy, great defensively especially against Knox last week.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
1. Glastras (C)
2. Kennedy (K)
3. McGuiggan (W)
4. Trobec (K)
5. Moretti (W)
6. Whiteman (W)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tjeck (B)
10. Westbury (A)