• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

dootzdistributor

Bob McCowan (2)
Sensational CAS team that should give the boys in blue and white a red hot crack. The addition of players with opens experience will definitely prove helpful in both offense and defence. I agree with the point of Basheer on the edge, I'd even look at Ben Shariat (K) as he offers great speed and solid defence on the edge.

ChipKick

Herbert Moran (7)
1. Glastras (C)
2. Kennedy (K)
3. McGuiggan (W)
4. Trobec (K)
5. Moretti (W)
6. Whiteman (W)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tjeck (B)
10. Alos 10
11. Watson (K)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Tomiosello (W)
15. Kitchener (B)

Ilias would have to be there somewhere? either at 10 or even possibly 15

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
1. Glastras
2. Kennedy
3. Frear/McGuiggan
4. Sullivan
5. Trobec
6. Murphey
7. Rahme
8. Reimer
9. Tjeck
10. Westbury
11. Shariat
12. Towns
13. Cameron
14. Watson
15. Basheer

ChipKick

Herbert Moran (7)
With the South V North Harbour games coming up i have decided to do my best to name teams. Feel free to fill in the gaps.

South

1. Glastras (C)
2. ?
3. McGuiggan (W)
4. Morreti (W)
5. Thompson (W)
6. ?
7. ?
8. Whiteman (W)
9. Edmed (T) Chambers (T)
10. Ilias (T)
11. Andrews (W)
12. Towns (W)
13. Hollingsworth-Dessent (T)
14. Tanner (T)
15. ?

North

1. Frear (K)
2. Kennedy (K)
3. ?
4. Trobec (K)
5. ?
6. ?
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tjeck (B)
10. Kitchener (B)
11. Watson (K)
12. Curtis (K)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Westbury (A)
15. Basheer (B)

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
1. Glastras
2. Kennedy
3. Frear/McGuiggan
4. Sullivan
5. Trobec
6. Murphey
7. Rahme
8. Reimer
9. Tjeck
10. Westbury
11. Shariat
12. Towns
13. Cameron
14. Watson
15. Basheer

I think Moretti (W) who has been getting good wraps in 1sts needs to be here somewhere. Same for Byron H-D (T 1sts). Westbury is a very good player and I'm sure would do a fine job at 10. But McInerney (K) has played at 10 alongside certain #9 CAS selection Tejcek and with Cameron, Frear and Reimer (and alongside and opposing most of the likely GPS players) for current state champs Gordon every year since u11s. He has the composure and big game experience to do the job at the schools trials.

Old Mate

Frank Row (1)
1. Glastras
2. Kennedy
3. Frear/McGuiggan
4. Sullivan
5. Trobec
6. Murphey
7. Rahme
8. Reimer
9. Tjeck
10. Westbury
11. Shariat
12. Towns
13. Cameron
14. Watson
15. Basheer
Just wondering with glastras, with cranbrook playing uncontested scrums, is he gettinh enough experience to be able to play in the cas team?

Tahs247

Allen Oxlade (6)
The forward pack is a hard one. It's no secret that they won't have the size that GPS and some of the other sides have but need to use that as a advantage. So that's why i have gone with a very mobile/skillful pack.

1. Glastras (Cranbrook)
2. Kennedy (Knox)
3. Frear (Knox)
4. Sullivan (Aloys)
5. Trobec (Knox)
6. Morreti (Waverley)
7. Murphey?/Rahme (Waverley/Aloys)
8. Reimer (Barker)

Still a bit unsure about Glastras due to Cranbrook having uncontested scrums but is a very strong runner of the ball. Kennedy is a year young but should get the job done! Sullivan from Aloys i believe is playing 1sts and doing a reasonable job same with Morreti. Not sure if Murphey is back but if unavailable would have Rahme slot in. Reimer is a wonderful player and should captain the side if he doesn't crack the Opens.

Some other notable mentions are Whiteman/McGuiggan (Waverley) Bullen/Flaherty (Barker)

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
The forward pack is a hard one. It's no secret that they won't have the size that GPS and some of the other sides have but need to use that as a advantage. So that's why i have gone with a very mobile/skillful pack.

1. Glastras (Cranbrook)
2. Kennedy (Knox)
3. Frear (Knox)
4. Sullivan (Aloys)
5. Trobec (Knox)
6. Morreti (Waverley)
7. Murphey?/Rahme (Waverley/Aloys)
8. Reimer (Barker)

Still a bit unsure about Glastras due to Cranbrook having uncontested scrums but is a very strong runner of the ball. Kennedy is a year young but should get the job done! Sullivan from Aloys i believe is playing 1sts and doing a reasonable job same with Morreti. Not sure if Murphey is back but if unavailable would have Rahme slot in. Reimer is a wonderful player and should captain the side if he doesn't crack the Opens.

Some other notable mentions are Whiteman/McGuiggan (Waverley) Bullen/Flaherty (Barker)

Reckon you will be very close with both backs and forwards picks Tahs

Show and go22

Bob McCowan (2)
With the South V North Harbour games coming up i have decided to do my best to name teams. Feel free to fill in the gaps.

South

1. Glastras (C)
2. ?
3. McGuiggan (W)
4. Morreti (W)
5. Thompson (W)
6. ?
7. ?
8. Whiteman (W)
9. Edmed (T) Chambers (T)
10. Ilias (T)
11. Andrews (W)
12. Towns (W)
13. Hollingsworth-Dessent (T)
14. Tanner (T)
15. ?

North

1. Frear (K)
2. Kennedy (K)
3. ?
4. Trobec (K)
5. ?
6. ?
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tjeck (B)
10. Kitchener (B)
11. Watson (K)
12. Curtis (K)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Westbury (A)
15. Basheer (B)
Westbury on the wing??? He's a 10

Show and go22

Bob McCowan (2)
I would suggest Bill Biviano (A) for hooker, having played Gordon and Syd reps alongside other quality GPS, ISA and CAS players.
Would definetely agree Biviano is the number one hooker choice also I believe Sullivan from aloys should be in the side as he is performing relatively well in the Aloys firsts in the second row

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Pos Team Pts P W D L F A +/-
1 Waverley College 6 3 3 0 0 64 15 49
2 St Aloysius' College 4 3 2 0 1 81 7 74
3 Barker College 4 3 2 0 1 73 20 53
4 Knox Grammar 4 3 2 0 1 61 19 42
5 Cranbrook School 0 3 0 0 3 0 86 -86
6 Trinity Grammar 0 3 0 0 3 10 142 -132

Match of the round Aloys v Barker

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
""""""Great to see the 16s comp has 4 competitive teams this year. I hope that injury and elevation to 1sts doesn't tip the balance too far against any one team. This weekend:

A over B by 7
W over C by 25
K over T by 25

Tahs247

Allen Oxlade (6)
Tips this week.

Aloys vs Barker - Very tight match. Westbury the difference for Aloys and should win by 12.

Waverley Vs Cranbrook - Shouldn't be as embarrassing like recent years but Waverley should win and win well. Waverley by 28

Knox Vs Trinity - Knox with a few out and Trinity at home should be competitive after hopefully learning from 3 defeats. Knox still too strong by 15.

Tahs247

Allen Oxlade (6)
Pos Team Pts P W D L F A +/-
1 Waverley College 6 3 3 0 0 64 15 49
2 St Aloysius' College 4 3 2 0 1 81 7 74
3 Barker College 4 3 2 0 1 73 20 53
4 Knox Grammar 4 3 2 0 1 61 19 42
5 Cranbrook School 0 3 0 0 3 0 86 -86
6 Trinity Grammar 0 3 0 0 3 10 142 -132

Match of the round Aloys v Barker

Interesting table after 3 rounds. Would have to be the first time Cranbrook have been of the bottom. Don't think they're 1st win is too far away, maybe next week against Trinity? Really like how they have turned it around this year. I know they haven't scored a point but there defence and commitment has been solid and should make for a good game next week!

dootzdistributor

Bob McCowan (2)
Cracker of a season lining up with many teams in contention for the silverware in a few weeks. There are a few players who have caught my eye and I believe they will definitely be beneficial for their respective teams. These players include Tilley (C), works bloody hard for his team and makes a massive contribution to his below par side. Another player would have to be Tomasi (K) usually coming on as an impact player for the A's. He's notorious for his "up-the-guts" hit ups and his short stint magic on the paddock. As they say once he's had his pie; watch out!
The fixtures should be very interesting tomorrow, expect upsets...

First phase

Allen Oxlade (6)
Any standout players from the Barker V Alos game, both sides??

alos had say 70% possession but failed to score more points. Alos dominated lineout and the scrum so much so that barker were taking taps from penalties instead of kicking for touch. Westbury good kicking game but overdid it at the end. Alos scrum dominant and Biviano was good in general play. barkers centres went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.