• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
This will be something that CAS will be up against (Taken from GPS 16's)

GPS 16 XV

1. McLennan (I)
2. Lock (N)
3. Zylstra (S)
4. Jensen (N)
5. Brown (K)
6. Koopu (N)
7. Scolari (J)
8. Titmuss (N)
9. Dalton (J)
10. Lewis (N)
11. Dutalis (I)
12. Easy (I)
13. Endemenn (N)
14. Dellow (N)
15. Creagh (J)

Do you guys reckon CAS have much of a chance

I wouldn't take the above as gospel, either someone is stirring the pot or has a barrow to push. At best picked on past form. One hasn't played yet this year (Endemann) !!! Missing players who are playing opens. includes 7 Newington players, 1 Scots, 1 Kings player and a lot of Norths Rep players.......

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I was just saying that it's going to be tough for CAS regardless of what side they pick. So much depth in GPS there 2nd side could probably win

You may be right but CAS has quality talent to select from. I think the weakness will be the CAS tight 5. The strength will be the backs. They just may not see too much ball...

GPS will have 2 strong forward packs with size and fitness and considerable rep level experience (I would imagine). GPS also has depth of talent in the backs.

CCC will be a squad to be careful to watch, a lot of talented players who have come through Club and Junior Gold Cup. Big strong and fit. Think they beat CHS in trials this week. I would be just as worried about them.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Feel free to take the "geez the Pres XV are going to be red hot" and "our second team could beat 'em" discussion to the GPS next gen thread. The CAS boys selected will be giving it everything they have and don't need your negativity on this thread.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The CAS boys selected will be giving it everything they have and don't need your negativity on this thread.

Hang on, I thought this was a forum to discuss and DEBATE CAS U16s?

Didn't realise the forum was meant to be a "pump up" for the CAS team.

I have no doubt they will be playing for the pride and glory of the CAS.

Seem to have hit a nerve CNP....

S

sidelineview

I was just saying that it's going to be tough for CAS regardless of what side they pick. So much depth in GPS there 2nd side could probably win.

The same opinions were floating around in 2014 before CAS U16s defeated GPS in the Final.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Hang on, I thought this was a forum to discuss and DEBATE CAS U16s?

Didn't realise the forum was meant to be a "pump up" for the CAS team.

I have no doubt they will be playing for the pride and glory of the CAS.

Seem to have hit a nerve CNP..

I didn't ask anyone to "pump up" the CAS team on this or any other thread. But the place for GPS supporters to pump up the Pres team is on the GPS thread.

Tahs247

Allen Oxlade (6)
Some interesting games this weekend and think it could be a round of upsets! I'm tipping Aloys over Knox, Barker to upset Waverley and Cranbrook to record there first ever win over Trinity!

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)
Trinity competed very well against Knox last weekend, despite having four 16s playing in the 1sts and one suspended (red card). Amazing what some high quality forwards coaching can do. They won't want to be Cranbrook's first ever win in that age group.

I believe Trinity have their half and centre back from last week.

My tip is for Trinity to battle through and win. Cranbrook I assume are still going for uncontested scrums in the 16As - seriously embarrassing.

B

BangladeshRugbyXV

hello from Bangladesh to every men and women, Bangladesh back

BangladeshXV predict very very good rugby games

Cran Brook vz Trinity: Cran Brook 50 - Trinity 49
- Cran brook look very strong on weekend. Very very close game.
Cran brook strong: 3 Galatrastas. Trinity Strong - 8

Waverly vz Barker: Waverly 3 - Barker 6
- one very tight match.
- Waverly forward little bit fat, barker forward not so fat
Waverly Strong: 1. Barker strong: 1.

Saint Aloysius vz Knox - Saint Aloysius 30 - Knox 10
- It will be very good game
- Knox will not have very very star player Tom Masi
- Knox very little bit sloppy vz Trinity
Knox Strong: 4 Doine. Saint Aloysius Strong: 2 Biviano.

ChipKick

Herbert Moran (7)
Revised CAS U16 Team.

1. James Frear (Knox)
2. Sean Kennedy (Knox)
3. Andrew Glastras (Cranbrook)
4. Alex Trobec (Knox)
5. Ben Sullivan (Aloys)
6. Luca Morreti (Waverley)
7. Alex Rahme (Aloys)
8. Luke Reimer (Barker)
9. Dave Tjeck (Barker)
10. Josh McInerney (Knox) Lachlan Ilias (Trinity)
11. Ben Shariat (Knox)
12. Max Towns (Waverley)
13. Tom Cameron (Knox)
14. Jamie Basheer (Barker)
15. Fletcher Watson (Knox)

As you can probably see a lot of Knox boys in there but i think they all deserve to be. Knox have been the side to beat the last couple of years hence why i have picked 7. I would pick also Murphey from Waverley at the expense of Sullivan or Rahme but not sure of his injury status. Haven't seen Trinity play so don't really know anyone although i hear they have a very quick winger in the 1's Byron? Any other suggestions?

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Agree with Glastras only if selectors can vouch for his scrummaging ability - cranbrook having gone uncontested all season.
If Murphy (W) is fit, move Moretti to 4 and Murphy to 6. Trobec moves to bench along with Shariat.
Byron HD (T) to wing.
Mcinerny apparently injured, but if fit I'd take him over Ilias for his extensive rep experience alongside Tejcek.

Bench
MCGuiggan (W)
Biviano (A)
Whiteman (W)
Flaherty (B)
Trobec (K)
Di Sano (A)
Ilias (if McInerney fit) or Westbury (A)
Shariat (K)

ChipKick

Herbert Moran (7)
Agree with Glastras only if selectors can vouch for his scrummaging ability - cranbrook having gone uncontested all season.
If Murphy (W) is fit, move Moretti to 4 and Murphy to 6. Trobec moves to bench along with Shariat.
Byron HD (T) to wing.
Mcinerny apparently injured, but if fit I'd take him over Ilias for his extensive rep experience alongside Tejcek.

Bench
MCGuiggan (W)
Biviano (A)
Whiteman (W)
Flaherty (B)
Trobec (K)
Di Sano (A)
Ilias (if McInerney fit) or Westbury (A)
Shariat (K)

Agree regards McInerney. Backline looking pretty sharp with plenty of combinations and plenty of rep experience. Think there whole backline plays club rugby so will help a lot against GPS and some of the other associations

CAS_RumourMill

Bob McCowan (2)
Revised CAS U16 Team.

1. James Frear (Knox)
2. Sean Kennedy (Knox)
3. Andrew Glastras (Cranbrook)
4. Alex Trobec (Knox)
5. Ben Sullivan (Aloys)
6. Luca Morreti (Waverley)
7. Alex Rahme (Aloys)
8. Luke Reimer (Barker)
9. Dave Tjeck (Barker)
10. Josh McInerney (Knox) Lachlan Ilias (Trinity)
11. Ben Shariat (Knox)
12. Max Towns (Waverley)
13. Tom Cameron (Knox)
14. Jamie Basheer (Barker)
15. Fletcher Watson (Knox)

Overall I have to say this is as close as someone has gotten to my predicted team. A huge call to play Jamie Basheer over Byron Hollingworht Dessent who has been playing 1st XV level and was effective last week against Knox. Josh McInerney is currently injured and will be out for the next two fixtures so it will be a race against time for him to be fit in time. Fitness allowing he will probably make the team. Similar issues surround the selection of Alex Trobec who has not played much rugby at all this season. A potentially better selection could be Lewis Thompson (Waverley). Coming to think of it, this is a team that is dominated by upper north shore students.

CAS Rumour Mill will deliver the LATE MAIL tomorrow on the upcoming fixtures where one team will be predicted to win by more than 30 and the rest will be nail bitters.[/quote]

On the hop

Frank Row (1)
North

1. Frear (K)
2. Biviano (A)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Sullivan (A)
5. Flaherty (B)
6. ??
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tjeck (B)
10. Westbury (A)
11. Watson (K)
12. Curtis (K)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Basheer (B)

Reserves
Kennedy (K)
DiSano (A)
Trobec (B)
Kitchener (B)
Watson (K)

Anyone want to have a go at South?

benadamsforskipper

Bob McCowan (2)
North

1. Frear (K)
2. Biviano (A)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Sullivan (A)
5. Flaherty (B)
6. ??
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tjeck (B)
10. Westbury (A)
11. Watson (K)
12. Curtis (K)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Basheer (B)

Reserves
Kennedy (K)
DiSano (A)
Trobec (B)
Kitchener (B)
Watson (K)

Anyone want to have a go at South?

South Harbour:
1. waverley prop
2. anyone but the trinity hooker or the waverley hooker
3. Glastras (c)
4. Waverley 2 row that isnt scary
5.Waverley 2 row that is scary
6. Waverley flanker that plays 1's
7. Waverley flanker
8. big scary guy from trinity
9. the cranbrook 9 with anger issues
10.Trinity 10 that can pass
11. Quick trinity guy that plays 1's
12. Waverley centre with more anger issues
13. Trinity scary centre
14. Cranbrook wing that kicks alot
15. Cranbrook fullback that kicks alot

Bench:
- fat prop from waverley
- not so fat trinity prop
- trinity second row that looks like a bear
- Cranbrook 5/8 that runs sideways and kicks alot

Hope this helps as a rough estimate of the south harbour team

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)
Nice team - but how can anyone pick Glastras for prop? He lays uncontested scrums every week, and last year he played flanker in the 16As or Bs (up an age). He has a league background.

I'm not sure if he has played club rugby or has even ever packed into a live scrum. How can he be considered at prop? He's a starting or backup no.8 on that basis.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
What does cranbrook 16as need to do to win a game ... Rugby gods oh so cruel.

Oh well gather they are playing grammar ... Their one scalp

Status
Not open for further replies.