• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Nice team - but how can anyone pick Glastras for prop? He lays uncontested scrums every week, and last year he played flanker in the 16As or Bs (up an age). He has a league background.

I'm not sure if he has played club rugby or has even ever packed into a live scrum. How can he be considered at prop? He's a starting or backup no.8 on that basis.
I'm with KP on this, but don't think Glastras is a rep level no 8. Doesn't have the height and would be of limited use in the line out. Maybe he's a back up flanker, esp if he has some pilfering ability. A real shame that Cranbrook has gone uncontested this season

Hit the Rhino

Frank Row (1)
I'm with KP on this, but don't think Glastras is a rep level no 8. Doesn't have the height and would be of limited use in the line out. Maybe he's a back up flanker, esp if he has some pilfering ability. A real shame that Cranbrook has gone uncontested this season

"Doesn't have the height" to play number eight? Sorry old bull but clearly you don't understand the fundamentals of rugby. The fact that you rule out a junior rugby player due to their lack of height boggles the mind and makes my gears grind.

A within the pack of 8 you need three lineout jumpers. The rest can function as lifters or can run out wide on 5 or 6 man lineouts.

Maybe you were too short to play number 8 professionally back in your day?

Fix yourself please catchnpass.

ChipKick

Herbert Moran (7)
Well if you guys aren't to fuss on Glastras at prop who else would you have there? Not many standouts, Frear and Bullen?

CAS_Rugby Viewer

Stan Wickham (3)
My team

1. Frear (K)
2. Kennedy (K)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Sullivan (A)
5. Trobec (K)
6. Morreti (W)
7. Murphey (W)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tjeck (B) Di Sano (A)
10. Westbury (A)
11. Basheer (B) Shariat (K)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Hollingsworth-Dessent (T)
15. No idea?

Anyone suggest a fullback?

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
My team

1. Frear (K)
2. Kennedy (K)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Sullivan (A)
5. Trobec (K)
6. Morreti (W)
7. Murphey (W)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tjeck (B) Di Sano (A)
10. Westbury (A)
11. Basheer (B) Shariat (K)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Hollingsworth-Dessent (T)
15. No idea?

Anyone suggest a fullback?
Basheer or Watson (K)

BrookieBooster22

Frank Row (1)
Well if you guys aren't to fuss on Glastras at prop who else would you have there? Not many standouts, Frear and Bullen?

well if Glastras is not picked, i'd like to see the no.1 from knox get a look in. In round 1 him and Glastras had a classic front rower rivalry and he was able to match the physicality of the bigger bloke, he tackled outstandingly, became a threat around the breakdown and looked the part taking the ball forward along with the no.5 and no.7 who played some good rugby around the park

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
The Knox #1 was Al Currey. #5 was Alex Trobec and # 7 was Ben Adams. Could do a lot worse than Currey, but suspect that the 5 or 6 Knox players likely to be picked in front of Curry may limit his chances given claims of the other schools.

Allow it

Frank Row (1)
Fraser Wilson had one of his greatest games on the weekend, thankfully for his confidence and supporters he didn't get to step on the field as it was washed off.

Cheeky Stat
0 missed tackles

Great performance champ keep it up!

Wrap_The_12

Frank Row (1)
North

1. Frear (K)
2. Biviano (A)
3. Bullen (B)
4. Sullivan (A)
5. Flaherty (B)
6. ??
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tjeck (B)
10. Westbury (A)
11. Watson (K)
12. Curtis (K)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Basheer (B)

Reserves
Kennedy (K)
DiSano (A)
Trobec (B)
Kitchener (B)
Watson (K)

Anyone want to have a go at South?

I won't have a go at south but I suspect that Waverley will take 8 players or as many as possible. The Trinity No's 8 and 4 (from 16's) alongside Trinity's 16's playing 1's, and obviously Glastras from Brook, I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

I think the important thing to keep in mind is that the coaches of the teams on each side determine the Nth v South teams, where a team from that game is selected as the CAS team. I doubt form will play a big part.

In terms of the No6 spot, it'll be the Barker or more likely Knox No7.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^^In my experience, most coaches, certainly rep level coaches, like to win. You maximize your chances of achieving that by picking the best players available, ideally in their usual positions, based on form. So I would think that form will be at short odds to come into the selection process. The alternative would seem to be pick the kids you like most even if they aren't much chop with a rugby ball. Doesn't seem overly likely.

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
"Doesn't have the height" to play number eight? Sorry old bull but clearly you don't understand the fundamentals of rugby. The fact that you rule out a junior rugby player due to their lack of height boggles the mind and makes my gears grind.

A within the pack of 8 you need three lineout jumpers. The rest can function as lifters or can run out wide on 5 or 6 man lineouts.

Maybe you were too short to play number 8 professionally back in your
well if Glastras is not picked, i'd like to see the no.1 from knox get a look in. In round 1 him and Glastras had a classic front rower rivalry and he was able to match the physicality of the bigger bloke, he tackled outstandingly, became a threat around the breakdown and looked the part taking the ball forward along with the no.5 and no.7 who played some good rugby around the park

Glastras deserves a shot - he cant be blamed for the fact that the cohort is hopeless

he should be given a crack

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
has sharriot improved his suspect tacking ability? he is a talented player however i havent seen him play for a while and when i did see him play he seems to stuggle defensively which will be exploited potentially

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
Revised CAS U16 Team.

1. James Frear (Knox)
2. Sean Kennedy (Knox)
3. Andrew Glastras (Cranbrook)
4. Alex Trobec (Knox)
5. Ben Sullivan (Aloys)
6. Luca Morreti (Waverley)
7. Alex Rahme (Aloys)
8. Luke Reimer (Barker)
9. Dave Tjeck (Barker)
10. Josh McInerney (Knox) Lachlan Ilias (Trinity)
11. Ben Shariat (Knox)
12. Max Towns (Waverley)
13. Tom Cameron (Knox)
14. Jamie Basheer (Barker)
15. Fletcher Watson (Knox)

As you can probably see a lot of Knox boys in there but i think they all deserve to be. Knox have been the side to beat the last couple of years hence why i have picked 7. I would pick also Murphey from Waverley at the expense of Sullivan or Rahme but not sure of his injury status. Haven't seen Trinity play so don't really know anyone although i hear they have a very quick winger in the 1's Byron? Any other suggestions?

i would question the 15???

Also still concerned with Sharriot

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^^No 1 KPI for a THP is anchoring the scrum. Mobility and work rate are great, but won't help much if you can't scrummage. If Glastras was a loosie last year and has only played prop in an uncontested scrum, he simply cannot be picked at #3 or it will be a disaster for the whole team and a danger to him. By all means the selectors should pick him as a 6 or 7 if he's seen as the best option to play there, but not at #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.