• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runawayprop

Frank Nicholson (4)
Who is coaching this year anyway?

CAS 1st XV Coach – Mr S Coleman ( W )
CAS 1st XV Asst Coach – Mr S O’Donnell ( W )
South Harbour Coach – Mr S O’Donnell ( W ) & Mr S Coleman ( W )
North Harbour Coach – Mr B Robinson ( B ) & Mr D Telfer ( A )
Physio – Mrs N Vaverka & Mr T Lombardo

Runawayprop

Frank Nicholson (4)
CAS 1st XV Coach – Mr S Coleman ( W )
CAS 1st XV Asst Coach – Mr S O’Donnell ( W )
South Harbour Coach – Mr S O’Donnell ( W ) & Mr S Coleman ( W )
North Harbour Coach – Mr B Robinson ( B ) & Mr D Telfer ( A )
Physio – Mrs N Vaverka & Mr T Lombardo

Tues 7th June – North Harbour train @ Barker from 4pm
Tues 7th June – South Harbour train @ Queens Pk from 4pm
Thurs 9th June – Game day North v South @ Cranbrook from 2pm
Thurs 9th June – CAS Squad selected
Tues 21st June CAS Squad training @ Queens Park from 4pm
Thurs 23rd June CAS squad training at Knox 1 from 4pm
Sat 25th & 26th June – NSW U16 tournament ( draw tbc. ) @ Curagul

Runawayprop

Frank Nicholson (4)
^^^^No 1 KPI for a THP is anchoring the scrum. Mobility and work rate are great, but won't help much if you can't scrummage. If Glastras was a loosie last year and has only played prop in an uncontested scrum, he simply cannot be picked at #3 or it will be a disaster for the whole team and a danger to him. By all means the selectors should pick him as a 6 or 7 if he's seen as the best option to play there, but not at #3.

good point bro

Runawayprop

Frank Nicholson (4)
This will be something that CAS will be up against (Taken from GPS 16's)

GPS 16 XV

1. McLennan (I)
2. Lock (N)
3. Zylstra (S)
4. Jensen (N)
5. Brown (K)
6. Koopu (N)
7. Scolari (J)
8. Titmuss (N)
9. Dalton (J)
10. Lewis (N)
11. Dutalis (I)
12. Easy (I)
13. Endemenn (N)
14. Dellow (N)
15. Creagh (J)

Do you guys reckon CAS have much of a chance

did you watch the UFC last night? Bisping a major underdog beats an amazing fighter

james777

Bob McCowan (2)
some of the boys were tapped on the shoulder yesterday - i heard one bolter from Knox that was very unexpected

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)
Chip Kick's team has 7 Knox and 2 Waverley.

Can anyone remind me who won the 16As game between those two?

It also has Glastras at prop who AFAIK has never packed into a live scrum, and omits Byron HD who is by the fastest there and can play.

Tiger Murphy is one of the first picked if fit.

james777

Bob McCowan (2)
Chip Kick's team has 7 Knox and 2 Waverley.

Can anyone remind me who won the 16As game between those two?

It also has Glastras at prop who AFAIK has never packed into a live scrum, and omits Byron HD who is by the fastest there and can play.

Tiger Murphy is one of the first picked if fit.

The Sons of Scotland (sorry braveheart was on tv last night) had a number of injuries that game and call up to firsts - key players TC, AT, JM were not on the pitch . im certain had they had the choice they would have had the english going all the way back from falkirk to the eastern suburbs with a scoreline that would have reflected the player choices

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Have they released the teams for North and South Harbour yet? Considering both are meant to be training at 4 pm, would be good to know who has been selected!

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^^Doesn't appear so. I gather 'announced' in this context meant a quiet tap on the shoulder by their respective schools to those 5-8 boys chosen by the school to attend and make up each team. There was no centrally coordinated / independent selection process as such. That only occurs when they select the CAS team following the Nth v Sth match up on Thursday. Probably fair enough - the respective MICs of Rugby / team coaches would know who amongst their charges was up to turning out for rep trials. But yes, would have been helpful to have the team lists.

Fanatic01

Frank Row (1)
Word from around Barker that the following players have been put forward into the North Harbour squad:
Tom Bullen
Harry Flaherty
Luke Reimer
David Tejcek
Jayden Kitchener-Waters
Ben Bryden
Jamie Basheer

I was told different-
Apparently shariat Basheer and Cameron are not in contention for the north harbour south harbour game

ChipKick

Herbert Moran (7)
What about McInerney and Trobec from Knox. I was told they both have injuries and could miss South/North trial

james777

Bob McCowan (2)
Knox boys - Ben Adams, Tom Cameron, James Frear, Nicholas Hawtin-Hirst, Sean Kennedy, Tom Leigh, Josh McInerney and Alex Trobec

Runawayprop

Frank Nicholson (4)
So based on the above threads we have North Harbour looking something like this
Tom Bullen
Harry Flaherty
Luke Reimer - 8
David Tejcek - 9
Jayden Kitchener-Waters
Ben Bryden
Jamie Basheer - 15
Ben Adams - ?
Tom Cameron - 13
James Frear - 1
Tom Leigh - 14
John McInerney - 10
Alex Trobec - 5
Sean Kennedy 2
Nicholas Hawtin - ?

Victor Redmond

Frank Row (1)
According to barker coach for the north harbour team, Ryan playing hooker and Rahme playing flanker both Alos boys looking promising forwards come mathday tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.