• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^^@Runawayprop, update AFAIK:

Tom Bullen - 3
Harry Flaherty -4
Lachlan Dring (bench 5)
Luke Reimer - 8
David Tejcek - 9
Jayden Kitchener-Waters (bench 10)
Ben Bryden (bench 13)
Matt Graham (12)
Lucas Delavere (15)

Jamie Basheer - 15
Ben Adams - ? 6
Tom Cameron - 13
James Frear - 1
Tom Leigh - 14
John Josh McInerney - 10
Alex Trobec - 5
Sean Kennedy 2
Nicholas Hawtin - Hirst ? (bench 9)

Said to be playing from A:

Luke Ryan (bench 2)
Alex Rahme (7)

I assume at least Di Sano (9) and Westbury (10) also put forward?

Spoilt for halves but badly need two back-up bookends and loosies. This is one problem with the schools each nominating their best [nine] players. I fear tmrw we will see five or six #9s and #10s and a total of four bookends and locks.

Anyone have full Aloys list or info on how the Souths team is shaping up?

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
Both fit after returning from injury. Trobec had a sensational game on his return from injury against Trinity

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
@William, indication above that A put forward Luke Ryan as Hooker, so presumably not also putting forward Biviano as a #2

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
16s Selections as of 6th June
North Harbour
St. Aloysius – Ben Sullivan, Luke Ryan, Zac Ienco, Alex Rahme, Alex Di Sano, James Westbury, Miles Branagan, Matthew Fogarty
Barker – Luke Reimer, Harry Flaherty, David Tejcek, Jayden Kitchener, Matt Graham, Lucas Delavere, Ben Bryden, Tom Bullen, Lochie Dring
Knox – Sean Kennedy, James Frear, Josh McInerney, Tom Cameron, Ben Adams, Nick Hawtin-Hirst, Alex Trobec, Tom Leigh
South Harbour
Cranbrook – Harvey Tilley, Andrew Glastras, Oscar May, Tim White, Ed Banks, Matt Harris, Will Crowley
Trinity – Lachlan Ilias, Byron Hollingworth-Dessent, Cooper Chambers, Tane Edmed, Thomas Lambert, Nikolas Ginis, Louis Tanner, Josh Wong
Waverley – Harley McGuiggan, Luca Moretti, Harry Whiteman, Connor Molloy, Tadgh Murphy, Reece Thorn, Daniel Andrews, Max Towns, Corey Kallis

For what it's worth I am tipping South Harbour

although if you think about the way the system works ... equal representation from each school, and fact that Cranbrook and Trinity have been cellar dwellers ... then you would tip North Harbour

not sure which team has more kids with 1st XV experience ... guessing South Harbour

anyway I guess it is not really a real rep team ... and more in the nature of a trial ... will be interesting

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Possible Starting South Harbour

1. Glastras (C)
2. ? Banks (C) ?
3. McGuiggan (W)
4. Morreti (W)
5. May (C) ?
6. Tilley (C)
7. Molloy (W)
8. Whiteman (W)
9. Chambers (T)
10. Ilias (T)
11. Kallis (W)
12. Towns (W)
13. Murphy (W)
14. Hollingsworth-Dessent (T)
15. Andrews (W)

Not sure why Thompson (W) isn't there ... as he has size that is otherwise largely lacking.

Not sure who the decent Trinity forwards are ? Doesn't make sense to have 4 Cranbrook players in the pack ... gaps to me are hooker and 2nd row ... plenty of good backrowers and backs

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Thanks SDW. Good to have the full lists. Interesting that Biviano and Shariat are not included as both have been mentioned frequently in selection prognostication.

I agree result probably doesn't mean much as each side will have multiple interchange to get all [27?] boys some game time. I also suspect the 'known' players may not get a lot of action either so as to give selectors a better look at those they are less familiar with.

The squad overall looks a bit light on strong book end options. I think the starting two will be ok but quality back ups not so obvious.

Are Waves still playing Murphy at centre? He seems the obvious #6 choice in a squad with arguably more depth in backs than forwards. It will be (as ever) in the piggies where the CAS games will be won or lost

On the hop

Frank Row (1)
3 notable omissions for north, shariot, biviano and Basheer. All played reps last year for Gordon state winning team and all in the Sydney barbarians. Hard to leave out quality players like these fellas.

Biviano seems the in form hooker for cas right now but maybe left out by Aloys coach because he only dropped back to 16s this season. Aloys coach might be wanting to put forward players he has coached through the years out of loyalty.

As for Basheer and shariot maybe they're out of form, injured or somehow alienated the coach?

School rugby is always going to be political and sometimes the better players aren't the ones put forward. It's time for independent selectors please.

Gilly

Herbert Moran (7)
3 notable omissions for north, shariot, biviano and Basheer. All played reps last year for Gordon state winning team and all in the Sydney barbarians. Hard to leave out quality players like these fellas.

Biviano seems the in form hooker for cas right now but maybe left out by Aloys coach because he only dropped back to 16s this season. Aloys coach might be wanting to put forward players he has coached through the years out of loyalty.

As for Basheer and shariot maybe they're out of form, injured or somehow alienated the coach?

School rugby is always going to be political and sometimes the better players aren't the ones put forward. It's time for independent selectors please.

There are independent selectors and the coach is NOT one of them.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Gilly, that may be the case at the nth v Sth trials but I understand it is the school that decides which 6-9 players to send.

Runawayprop

Frank Nicholson (4)

Definatkey tough on those boys - have to hope that there is merit in them being overlooked

Status
Not open for further replies.