• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talltimber

Bob McCowan (2)
yeah the boys could use his experience around the paddock. its a strange call to leave him out. but who do you drop? Would you play him at 8? move trobec to where?

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^I'd have Reimer at 8 and Trobec on bench as he would be a great impact player who can slot in at lock, 6 or 8.

Anyway, I've said enough on the subject. My preference for one player does not mean that the boys selected didn't fight hard to win their places and each deserves to be there. Here's hoping the team can give the other associations a real scare. Good luck to all the boys and may they remain injury free in the lead up.

First phase

Allen Oxlade (6)
Weaknesses 3 reserve forwards from a team that has a f/a of 17-160 in 4 games. 2 reserve forwards from another has a f/a 0-104 in 4 games

How could Aloys beat trinity 52-0 and get no forwards in and Trinity 3. barker beat them 52-7 get 1 forward to their 3?? What happened to their firsts' player Sullivan? Aloys scrum is pretty dominant too.

How can selectors assess 50 players in 50 minute game and hope to get right though.

Cranbrook hooker should of been a chance as he has not lost a tighthead all year!! haha

Runawayprop

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'd have Reimer at 8 and Trobec on bench as he would be a great impact player who can slot in at lock, 6 or 8.

Anyway, I've said enough on the subject. My preference for one player does not mean that the boys selected didn't fight hard to win their places and each deserves to be there. Here's hoping the team can give the other associations a real scare. Good luck to all the boys and may they remain injury free in the lead up.

Yes time to close this subject down -

Runawayprop

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'd have Reimer at 8 and Trobec on bench as he would be a great impact player who can slot in at lock, 6 or 8.

Agree this subject has been done and dusted . How do we win with the squad selected ?

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Agreed. You don't want to be playing GPS 5m out from your own goal line. And there are some speedsters in the team. If the kickers can catch the opposing back three napping, anything might happen.

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
cant wait to see the boys roll out and give it to the favourites .....nothing like an upset. With the right gameplan, some ticker and anything is possible.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
cant wait to see the boys roll out and give it to the favourites ...nothing like an upset. With the right gameplan, some ticker and anything is possible.
I think a careful review of the Eddy Jones World Cup blueprint for Japan v SA would be a very worthwhile investment of time for the CAS coaches. Speed and mobility, high work rate, kick for territory but keep the ball in and with a good chase, enthusiasm at the breakdown. That's how the team might knock off bigger opposition.

CAS_Rugby Viewer

Stan Wickham (3)
Aloys must feel a bit hard done by. only 1 player selected and have been one of the form teams the last couple of years. Don't know how Trinity have got 6 players when they haven't won a game this year?

First phase

Allen Oxlade (6)
That is what I was alluding to in my previous post. Trinity in 2015 were only average with all their players excluding BHD who was playing up. I agree with the 3 backs in the team however. How does South get 13 of the 23 players in the team and two of the teams are 0 from 4??
The GPS has a far greater depth of players than the CAS and the admin in CAS is deluding themslves.

I love the underdog and hope CAS sticks it up GPS but you have to have the bullets in the gun for fsakes.

Do not talk game plans when you can't implement it.

CAS_Rugby Viewer

Stan Wickham (3)
That is what I was alluding to in my previous post. Trinity in 2015 were only average with all their players excluding BHD who was playing up. I agree with the 3 backs in the team however. How does South get 13 of the 23 players in the team and two of the teams are 0 from 4??
The GPS has a far greater depth of players than the CAS and the admin in CAS is deluding themslves.

I love the underdog and hope CAS sticks it up GPS but you have to have the bullets in the gun for fsakes.

Do not talk game plans when you can't implement it.

Agree with you there. I think CAS have got a really talented backline but will be useless if the forwards can't secure enough ball. I think all of there backs have played Club Rugby so will have a lot of experience against some of the other sides.

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree with you there. I think CAS have got a really talented backline but will be useless if the forwards can't secure enough ball. I think all of there backs have played Club Rugby so will have a lot of experience against some of the other sides.

ok - so lets drill down on the forwards - Which of these players have some club / rep expereince?

1. McGuiggan ( W )
2. Kennedy ( K )
3. Frear ( K )
4. Moretti ( W )
5. Flaherty ( B )
6. Murphy ( W )
7. Molloy ( W )
8. Trobec ( K )

Status
Not open for further replies.