• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Very sorry to see Tejcek has also pulled out of the CAS 16s team due to injury. He's a quality player and I wish him a speedy recovery. Best of luck to Ws Thorne coming in as Tejcek's replacement.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
CAS over ISA 14-7 to make main final v Pres A tmrw. A very tight match with deadlock broken through a superb breakout by CAS#23. A great team performance with forwards and backs all standing up against bigger opposition in both games today. Well done boys and best of luck tmrw.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
CAS over ISA 14-7 to make main final v Pres A tmrw. A very tight match with deadlock broken through a superb breakout by CAS#5. A great team performance with forwards and backs all standing up against bigger opposition in both games today. Well done boys and best of luck tmrw.

Did they win the first game?

Any standout players pushing for NSW?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Love the U16 rep games. Many are tighter than a ducks backside with one meat pie, lucky or otherwise, being the difference between hero and zero.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Yes won the first 22-5 (I think) against a very large CCC team through tight structured forward play, enthusiasm at the breakdown and some expansive and slick backline movement. The whole team played well and I don't want to jinx anyone before the final tomorrow by nominating possible nsw selections.

James999

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yes won the first 22-5 (I think) against a very large CCC team through tight structured forward play, enthusiasm at the breakdown and some expansive and slick backline movement. The whole team played well and I don't want to jinx anyone before the final tomorrow by nominating possible nsw selections.

Definately the number 4 Moretti is a standout in the forwards and the number 14 in the backs . However as the man says all players punching above their weight

James999

Frank Nicholson (4)
CAS over ISA 14-7 to make main final v Pres A tmrw. A very tight match with deadlock broken through a superb breakout by CAS#23. A great team performance with forwards and backs all standing up against bigger opposition in both games today. Well done boys and best of luck tmrw.

Was the try number 23 or 10? It was a sensational try no matter who!

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Scored by 10, but he was the lucky recipient of the breakout and magically timed inside kick from 23 (Kitchener). Full marks for being there to support. In fact that was probably the key factor in CAS' success - they played as a team all day and there was never a sense that any individual was determined to show the selectors how good they were. As a result, they got the biscuits in both matches and, against ISA, shut down completely some very fancied opposition players. Big challenge v Pres A tmrw but these boys will give it a red hot go I'm sure.

Yep Footy

Bob McCowan (2)
What time is kick off for CAS v Presidents A?

The match starts at 2:30
58394bffc651f292a3150fb30a5b3fad.png

And for those interested, here is the results from yesterdays games.

ec5eaf9c764d0eddf516e7588fe3d829.png

Runawayprop

Frank Nicholson (4)
Gee the number 10 is playing well for CAS as well. Agree that 14, 10 and 4 are playing extremely well in a team that is all doing 11 out of 10

Talltimber

Bob McCowan (2)
Gee the number 10 is playing well for CAS as well. Agree that 14, 10 and 4 are playing extremely well in a team that is all doing 11 out of 10
The backs were given great opportunities because he forwards really ramped it up. The number 2, 4, 6 and 8 were extremely impressive !

In the backs 14, 10 and 15 played well

S

sidelineview

Has anyone got a team list of names from yesterday and today?

james777

Bob McCowan (2)
What was really impressive with CAS was their ability to outplay much bigger opposition in CCC, and then again they used team and back your man against bigger and more mobile ISA opposition

Runawayprop

Frank Nicholson (4)
One would hope that if the boys are competitive against gps or indeed win (can we dare to dream) that higher rep honours for more than one or two of our boys is possible! If not then CAS would have a right to have a whine

Runawayprop

Frank Nicholson (4)
I see that Byron is in the shadow squad for opens Nsw . It seems a little disappointing perhaps that he may have been a shoe in for 16s and yet may miss out totally

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
CAS 16s went down to Pres A 14-23 in a gutsy performance which showed that the gap b/w the associations at this age is a narrow one. If a few things had gone right, CAS may well have come away with the win. Strangely, the coaches decided to completely change yesterday's dominant line out and pulled the best jumper, Moretti to stand in the centres at line out time. CAS then barely took a line out all day gifting the GPS boys with ample possession. They also turned over ball at the breakdown which GPS pressured well.

CAS tackled themselves to a stand still and put good pressure on GPS in defence. They also scored a couple of tries, one through slick backline work down the right side with Cameron and Bryden combining on a 40m breakout and Ilias Towns finishing with good support, and the second to an Ilias intercept which had to be taken as GPS had a 3 man overlap.

All in all, a fine team effort that the boys can be very proud of, but the weight of possession was too great and GPS deserved the V.

Yep Footy

Bob McCowan (2)
They also scored a couple of tries, one through slick backline work down the right side with Cameron and Bryden combining on a 40m breakout and Ilias finishing with good support, and the second to an Ilias intercept which had to be taken as GPS had a 3 man overlap.

I thought that no. 12 Towns scored the try from support?

Status
Not open for further replies.