• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Redmond

Frank Row (1)
Believe this means waverly takes the CAS 16s premiership with Aloys and Barker finishing second with Aloys winning over point difference.

Yep Footy

Bob McCowan (2)
Final Table:
f39b6be1afe6de4869ccc33c6fc6bcf1.png

Just assuming that knox beat trinity in round 9, there isn't a score here or the CAS website.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sidesteppa you are a freak ... Not only is your footage first class, you do a great job of getting from one good game to another

Someone from gagr should be picking up the tab on your petrol costs

Either way tipping my hat to you!

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
a little bit of action from the wave v barker game, missed the start however.

9 (wav) Reece Thorn
12 (wav) Max Towns
15(wav) ?

Looked very impressive in the highlights.

Max Towns was also very impressive when he played against the talented Dom Easy in the Cas v Pres A game , never gave an inch and probably a bit unlucky to be over looked for NSW selection considering other selections.

First phase

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great video SS well done. Also looked at New V SJC video on GPS16 thread. I know there is an emphasis on wrapping up the ball but for FSakes does any tackle low any more? In both videos all boys are going in high trying to tie up the ball leading to ineffectual tackles.

The barker defence was poor falling off numerous tackles poor alignment and too high. Towns was Wav game buster with the no8. but barker had no real game plan to nullify these two by targeting them in defence. Towns was under no pressure from Barker backrower or centres

Well done to Waverly clearly the best team in 16a's

Blazing Saddles

Sydney Middleton (9)
9 (wav) Reece Thorn
12 (wav) Max Towns
15(wav) ?

Looked very impressive in the highlights.

Max Towns was also very impressive when he played against the talented Dom Easy in the Cas v Pres A game , never gave an inch and probably a bit unlucky to be over looked for NSW selection considering other selections.

Thanks SS, agree very impressive display from the Waves team.
Can anyone there confirm if Barker received a penalty during the game? Appears from the highlights a very heavy toll inflicted on the barker boys, they will have to improve their discipline next year..

Lionel Messi

Frank Row (1)
As i do agree that Barker defence was very poor, People are forgeting that Barker had a number of players unavailable for one reason or another. You put in Reimer, Tjeck and Flaherty and i'm not saying they win but it would have been alot closer!

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
How does everybody think Waverley would fair against GPS champions Joeys? Would be interesting match up.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Rugbyhd, you should post this on the GPS website and get ready for the laughter.
Not because it wouldn't be a good game but because you need to realise that no-one ever is equal to the ALWAYS superior and best school boy comp in Aust.regardless of state. For what it is worth the Waverley 13a side game against joeys would also be a cracker. There was a parent in a GPS side,who we know well and wonderful person, asked if that Waverley side would beat their Bellevue hill side (not cranbrook ) and the answer was automatically no way. Fact is by at least 20-30.

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
Knox got touched up earlier on in the year by Joeys, Knox were in the game for parts by Joeys just too strong. Anyway i think the best 16's side going around would easily be St Augustines.

S

sidelineview

It would be interesting to see match ups between GPS and CAS age group winners but who would pay for all the tissues if a CAS team won?
CAS rep teams have done pretty good against GPS teams in recent years, especially in the U16s and its difficult for the GPS folks to accept.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
It would be interesting to see match ups between GPS and CAS age group winners but who would pay for all the tissues if a CAS team won?
CAS rep teams have done pretty good against GPS teams in recent years, especially in the U16s and its difficult for the GPS folks to accept.

Sideline, I think a great number of people would like to see an annual event ,by age group, of the GPS and CAS winning schools play each other at a fair ground , this has been floated for years. also all funds could go to a good cause, just need the head masters and an administrative body ready,willing,and capable of making it happen amongst before the athletic season etc. Therein lies the problem.

S

sidelineview

That is the biggest problem, fitting it into the tight schedule. Once the rugby seasons over its over. It would be pretty hard to make it happen but it would be interesting.
GPS people would be supremely confident but would probably get a shock in some age groups.

benadamsforskipper

Bob McCowan (2)
Knox got touched up earlier on in the year by Joeys, Knox were in the game for parts by Joeys just too strong. Anyway i think the best 16's side going around would easily be St Augustines.

i would hardly call 22 (or something like that)-12 a touch up, considering 4 disallowed try's for knox off mauls

Status
Not open for further replies.