• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Predicted Ladder

1. Knox
2. Aloys
3. Cranbrook
4. Waverley
5. Barker
6. Trinity
Very difficult to predict a ladder in this age group. We don't know which players may end up playing firsts, and what recruitment activity has taken place during the off-season. Barker have picked up three very strong forwards, and I heard some time back that Trinity had picked up some boys from the State Championship winning Easts side. The illness to Sammy Rechner will be a huge question mark on how Knox will perform, and Tom Gratwicke will not be about until term 3. If Connor Molloy plays Opens, I can't see Waverley climbing this high. Time will tell.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Does anyone have a clue about the Cranbrook 10 after the departure of Jude Gibbs?
I have no clue about this, but I do think it is very ballsey to predict Cranbrook as top of the ladder, given they won only 4 games last year, with Jude Gibbs in the team! Watch Barker go, provided KG is not playing 1sts.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Barker 16s this year shouldn't be taken lightly. Have gained 4 new forwards, with also Hilton Ovenden and Josh Turner putting in the hard yards in the off season. My CAS ladder prediction.
1. Barker
2. Aloys
3. Knox
4. Cranbrook
5. Trinity
6. Waverly

B

Backline_Move

Barker 16s this year shouldn't be taken lightly. Have gained 4 new forwards, with also Hilton Ovenden and Josh Turner putting in the hard yards in the off season. My CAS ladder prediction.
1. Barker
2. Aloys
3. Knox
4. Cranbrook
5. Trinity
6. Waverly

Barker trying to buy a premiership are they?

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
No, Personally I think barker has a great chance this year. Not due to the new boys that have arrived, but due to their hard work off the field. Barker are resembling a "we need culture" attitude towards not only rugby, but to all sports too and at the end of the day that will be the key factor paying dividends in Barker's favour.

frankyfellah

Frank Row (1)
The 2017 CAS starting XV to play GPS will be of a high Standard especially the the loose forwards. Barker having recruited 4 new forwards will all certainly have a say in the team. Billy Pollard and Jordan Cameron are big contenders for starting position in the CAS team. Finn Spalding, Jaymesson Ieremia and Edward Slinn also will be contending. However Tom Gratwicke will miss out on half the season because of a trip to NZ for rugby which will mean that he won't have an easy run into his No. 8 Jersey. The backs for CAS will be slightly easier to choose because of the lack of depth. Tas Smith, Hilton Ovenden, Ben Pollack and Harrison Layton will all be trying to get into the 9 or 10 jerseys and their run is made easier because of Jude Gibbs leaving Cranbrook for Joeys. Kyle Galloway, Sam Rechner, Spencer Spalding and Nick Pike will be going for numbers 12,13 and 15. However 11 and 14 will be weak positions for the CAS XV where anyone from the respective schools have a chance.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
The 2017 CAS starting XV to play GPS will be of a high Standard especially the the loose forwards. Barker having recruited 4 new forwards will all certainly have a say in the team. Billy Pollard and Jordan Cameron are big contenders for starting position in the CAS team. Finn Spalding, Jaymesson Ieremia and Edward Slinn also will be contending. However Tom Gratwicke will miss out on half the season because of a trip to NZ for rugby which will mean that he won't have an easy run into his No. 8 Jersey. The backs for CAS will be slightly easier to choose because of the lack of depth. Tas Smith, Hilton Ovenden, Ben Pollack and Harrison Layton will all be trying to get into the 9 or 10 jerseys and their run is made easier because of Jude Gibbs leaving Cranbrook for Joeys. Kyle Galloway, Sam Rechner, Spencer Spalding and Nick Pike will be going for numbers 12,13 and 15. However 11 and 14 will be weak positions for the CAS XV where anyone from the respective schools have a chance.
franky, you have a good knowledge of this age group. I would,however, question Harrison Layton in the 9 or 10 position, but he could be considered for one of the wing positions. He has played there plenty for the very strong Lindfield and Gordon sides for many years, incidentally outside of Rechner, Galloway and Pollack. He is a strong defender and extremely hard and diligent worker.
Another candidate for a wing position is Olly Griffiths from Knox.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yeah Franky you do seem to have good knowledge of this age group, however one wing spot that is a definite is Ben Lloyd. Very quick, very agile. Also an absolute wall in defence. Playing up this year for a challenge even though it still won't be. Easy pick for the CAS 16s team this year. Sam Kirwin is another one, played 16a's last year for barker (on the wing) and will tear it up playing down an age group. 2 very strong contenders for the wing spot for the CAS team.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yeah Franky you do seem to have good knowledge of this age group, however one wing spot that is a definite is Ben Lloyd. Very quick, very agile. Also an absolute wall in defence. Playing up this year for a challenge even though it still won't be. Easy pick for the CAS 16s team this year. Sam Kirwin is another one, played 16a's last year for barker (on the wing) and will tear it up playing down an age group. 2 very strong contenders for the wing spot for the CAS team.
Ah yes, I forgot about Sam Kirwan. These year 11 boys sometimes get overseen when they play up an age group. Same goes for Angus Williamson - strong chance for the backrow, if not, bench. Saw the Barker 1sts pic from Saturday and he was with the squad at Bathurst.

CASfoooty

Frank Nicholson (4)
Predicted CAS team:

1.Enrique Grobbler
2.Sean Kennedy
3. Alex rice?
4. Jordan Cameron
5. Alex Orielly
6. Connor Molloy
7. Billy Pollard/ Dan Breden
8. Jaymesson Lerimia/ Tom Gratwicke
9. Tas smith/ hilton ovendon
10. Ben pollack
11.Harrison Layton
12. Sam Rechner
13 Kyle Galloway
14.????
15.???

The CAS have a strong chance of beating GPS this year with a very competitive forward pack and some strong centres. The pollack, rechner and galloway combination would work well as they have played together before. Also both second rowers have the ability to play back row. Any suggestions for no. 14 and 15?

CASfoooty

Frank Nicholson (4)
Predicted CAS ladder:

1.Cranbrook
2.Barker
3.Knox
4.Aloys
5.Trinity
6.Waverley

I think trinity and barker will surprise a lot of teams this year, I think Knox will struggle , with star player rechner out and gratwicke away for Half the season.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
The CAS season only starts in the 2nd half of the season so nothing will be changed. Both the players will be back

footymate12

Frank Nicholson (4)
Billy pollard Is the biggest import into the CAS in this age group. He's a possible captain of the CAS side and you can play him anywhere. He usually plays in the back row but sizes up against some of the biggest props in the comp. He is a future legend of the game.

footymate12

Frank Nicholson (4)
Another great prospect for CAS rugby is Charlie Williams. He's a very tidy halfback with a great pass both ways and controls the forward pack extremely well. His communication with the backs is also a very strong aspect of his game. I have no doubt that Charlie will earn the Number 9 spot in this years under 16's CAS team.

CAS Coach

Bob McCowan (2)
CAS 16s Predicted Team:

1. Enrique Grobler
2. Josh Turner
3. Alex Rice
4. Jordan Cameron
5. Alex Veivers
6. Connor Molloy
7. Billy Pollard
8. Dane Wilson/ Jaymesson Lerimia/ Tom Gratwicke
9. Charlie Williams/ Tas Smith
10. Hilton Ovenden
11. Harrison Layton
12. Hayden Biet/ Sam Rechner
13. Kyle Galloway
14. Peter North/ Ben Lloyd
15. Lucas Vass

CASfoooty

Frank Nicholson (4)
CAS 16s Predicted Team:

1. Enrique Grobler
2. Josh Turner
3. Alex Rice
4. Jordan Cameron
5. Alex Veivers
6. Connor Molloy
7. Billy Pollard
8. Dane Wilson/ Jaymesson Lerimia/ Tom Gratwicke
9. Charlie Williams/ Tas Smith
10. Hilton Ovenden
11. Harrison Layton
12. Hayden Biet/ Sam Rechner
13. Kyle Galloway
14. Peter North/ Ben Lloyd
15. Lucas Vass

If your not putting Kennedy, Oreilly and pollack in that team your crazy... way to many barker players right there. Especially considering how they went last year (very average)

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Another great pick-up for Barker in 2017 is Hayden Biet (Haydos). A massive inside centre, that runs straight through holes. An unders line to Haydos will be the predominate move for barker this year and he is also a great pick-up for Barker in athletics. With his sprinting ability complementing his throws, a great prospects in all facets of rugby and athletics. Barker looking likely contenders for the CAS premiership, especially if Hayden is in full flight.

CAS Coach

Bob McCowan (2)
If your not putting Kennedy, Oreilly and pollack in that team your crazy.

There are many individuals looking to make it into the CAS team, but the season is very long. We never know who will perform, but this is a draft that the CAS selectors put up during the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.