• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
very strong Team I like the choice of Williams over smith. I Think Williams offers more direction.

I also really like the look of Biet at 14. I know the combinations would work well in centres due to the amount of footy Rechner and Galloway play together. I also know Williams delivers the ball fast allowing the backs to play free flowing rugby. Also, is it true Biet is a 90 kg + islander or is that just rumours? If this information is true, and Biet is playing 1st (which is likely) geez the barker 1s will also be looking good.

footymate12

Frank Nicholson (4)
I also really like the look of Biet at 14. I know the combinations would work well in centres due to the amount of footy Rechner and Galloway play together. I also know Williams delivers the ball fast allowing the backs to play free flowing rugby. Also, is it true Biet is a 90 kg + islander or is that just rumours?[/quote
I believe the rumours about Biet are correct and Williams is Known for his Extremely quick service to his backs.

footymate12

Frank Nicholson (4)
I also really like the look of Biet at 14. I know the combinations would work well in centres due to the amount of footy Rechner and Galloway play together. I also know Williams delivers the ball fast allowing the backs to play free flowing rugby. Also, is it true Biet is a 90 kg + islander or is that just rumours? If this information is true, and Biet is playing 1st (which is likely) geez the barker 1s will also be looking good.

Charlie williams is easily the best Halfback in CAS (possibly GPS). Ive watched him play for 4 years now and his style of footy is the best I've seen out of any halfback in this age group. He leads by example on the field and I think he shows all the traits of a great captain. Therefore I'm saying Williams to captain Barker college 1sts and CAS 16s.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Charlie williams is easily the best Halfback in CAS (possibly GPS). Ive watched him play for 4 years now and his style of footy is the best I've seen out of any halfback in this age group. He leads by example on the field and I think he shows all the traits of a great captain. Therefore I'm saying Williams to captain Barker college 1sts and CAS 16s.

I do think this is an over exaggeration. I know for a certainty that he is good enough to play CAS 16s but not 1st. He gives great service, and is defensively one of the best halfbacks in the age group, however because he doesnt back himself, and doesnt have much self confidence, he will not play 1st but only 16s. The contenders for 1st that are in year 10 at barker include:
Jordan Cameron (Second Row)
Dane Wilson (Flanker/Back Row)
Kyle Galloway (Wing)
Hayden Biet (Centre/Wing)

footymate12

Frank Nicholson (4)
I do think this is an over exaggeration. I know for a certainty that he is good enough to play CAS but not 1st. He gives great service, and is defensively one of the best halfbacks in the age group, however because he doesnt back himself, and doesnt have much self confidence, he will not play 1st but only 16s. The contenders for 1st that are in year 10 at barker include:
Jordan Cameron (Second Row)
Dane Wilson (Flanker/Back Row)
Kyle Galloway (Wing)
Hayden Biet (Centre/Wing)
I think your wrong about Charlie Williams not backing himself I have a son that used to play club footy with him and apparently he is "overconfident". However I must agree with you about the other boys you put down as barker college 1sts contenders but what about Billy Pollard ? not good enough for 1sts ?

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
When i say doesn't have self-confidence, i am regarding to his lack of skoots and box kicks he does. With this in mind he becomes to predictable. I do know as a fact though he has great potential according to my nephew. Billy Pollard i hear has injured his meniscus and therefore will tamper with his chances of playing 1s due to his lack of preseason commitment, however will be a force to be reckoned with in the 16s.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
I think your wrong about Charlie Williams not backing himself I have a son that used to play club footy with him and apparently he is "overconfident". However I must agree with you about the other boys you put down as barker college 1sts contenders but what about Billy Pollard ? not good enough for 1sts ?
Billy Pollard is returning from a knee operation, so the delay to his season start will probably cost him a 1sts starting spot. Definitely good enough though.

footymate12

Frank Nicholson (4)
When i say doesn't have self-confidence, i am regarding to his lack of skoots and box kicks he does. With this in mind he becomes to predictable. I do know as a fact though he has great potential according to my nephew who attends Scots College. Billy Pollard i hear has injured his meniscus and therefore will tamper with his chances of playing 1s due to his lack of preseason commitment, however will be a force to be reckoned with in the 16s.

Billy will have to play well in his comeback mach to earn a Prestigious 1sts jersey.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
I also hear Hilton Ovenden is extremely over-rated and his chances of making CAS 16s let alone 16a's for barker are very slim. Apparently he is soft and should stick to touch.

footymate12

Frank Nicholson (4)
I also here Hilton Ovenden is extremely over-rated and his chances of making CAS 16s let alone 16a's for barker are very slim. Apparently he is soft and should stick to touch.
harsh comments I haven't seen enough of him to judge.

ru$tytromboen

Bob McCowan (2)
very strong Team I like the choice of Williams over smith. I Think Williams offers more direction.

I love the idea of Biet around Galloway and Rechner, Hayden would bring great power to the backline especially coming from the country side. He is an agressive player and has plenty of Mongrel

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is it fair for Hayden Biet to play 16s CAS because he could easily play Opens CAS

From what i have heard his chances of making the CAS 1st team will depend on if he will make 1st for barker. If he does his chances are significantly high however if he play 16s he will be able to achieve great heights in the age group. He is aiming for sub 11.3 in the 100 this year and could be a great prospect on the wing for not only barker 1st but CAS 1st too.

ru$tytromboen

Bob McCowan (2)
The biggest decision for the prodigy Hayden Biet is to choose whether he sticks to league or continues his future as a union player. This makes me edgy about Hayden as he might have not transitioned well to Rugby Union from league as there are different aspects to the game.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
The biggest decision for the prodigy Hayden Biet is to choose whether he sticks to league or continues his future as a union player. This makes me edgy about Hayden as he might have not transitioned well to Rugby Union from league as there are different aspects to the game.

Is it true a couple of league clubs have already offered him youth contracts for when the 2018 holden cup arrives, or is that just rumours i have heard from other parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.