• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheerio Deans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
A Tasmanian Old growth forest was felled and pulped for nothing. Surely he should be held to account for that. :)

Maybe you could have joint therapy sessions with Robbie. You two could talk through your issues. It might be quite cathartic.

You'd really be able to take a leaf out of Robbie's book and play what's in front of you.

You'd also be able to break all the forum rules by playing the man and ignoring rule 10.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thank god link has been chosen, this is the right choice!

1. This will allow the brumbies to become a powerhouse again and create a a winning culture which is good for Australian rugby, and give time for white to groom another coach like link has done with graham

2. We give link a go for 2 years and if he doesn't succeed, white will be finished his 4 year contract with the brumbies and he can take over then

3. We don't lose link to the international stage and leave the brumbies looking for another coach,

4. In two years or so, Cheika will be ready to take the reins and create a new golden age.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Link has been announced?

Cqv60.gif

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe you could have joint therapy sessions with Robbie. You two could talk through your issues. It might be quite cathartic.

You'd really be able to take a leaf out of Robbie's book and play what's in front of you.

You'd also be able to break all the forum rules by playing the man and ignoring rule 10.

I want to go paddle boarding!! I've heard its great therapy.

AdelaideRugby84

Chris McKivat (8)
Queensland could do worse than getting Deans as coach to replace McKenzie.

Dingo may have failed as an international coach but there's no disputing he's a genius at provincial level.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Queensland could do worse than getting Deans as coach to replace McKenzie.

Dingo may have failed as an international coach but there's no disputing he's a genius at provincial level.

This would be the worst PR move for the Reds possible.

I think the Rebels were the only franchise that could really hire him immediately. If he is to continue in a head coaching role in Australian rugby I really think he needs to go somewhere else for a year or two.

The wounds are still far too fresh.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
A Tasmanian Old growth forest was felled and pulped for nothing. Surely he should be held to account for that. :)

It's Bruce Ross I feel most for. He will have to find things to fill in the time he used to understand what Robbie was saying. Sailing, golf, long trips with the grey nomads would go about halfway there.

Congrats Link. I'll be with you every step of the way cheering my heart out.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It's Bruce Ross I feel most for. He will have to find things to fill in the time he used to understand what Robbie was saying. Sailing, golf, long trips with the grey nomads would go about halfway there.

Congrats Link. I'll be with you every step of the way cheering my heart out.

I think his teeth will be gnashing over the appointment of Totality Tony (as Bruce Ross calls him, IIRC) to the Rebels.
Particularly at the expense of Todd Louden.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

Gnostic - some kind of special 'advance vision' award to you mate for incepting the Sack Deans thread here.........in June 2010 wasn't it?

It was highly controversial at the time, and was routinely closed after raging altercations..........then reopened........then closed again........now a prized archive?

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I'd love to read a good autobiography from behind the scenes over the last 5 years. What was it really like in the wallaby camp? Did anyone understand him?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Been good times, been bad times. The time for fighting over whether he is good or bad is gone, we support the Wallabies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Gnostic - some kind of special 'advance vision' award to you mate for incepting the Sack Deans thread here...in June 2010 wasn't it?

It was highly controversial at the time, and was routinely closed after raging altercations....then reopened....then closed again....now a prized archive?

July 2010.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/locked-time-to-sack-deans.5459/

(and no I don't have it book marked. :) I used the excellent search feature of our great Forum)

Looking back on that thread and the comments it is a bit scary the similarities in selection and the arguments used for and against even though the names of the players changed. It is a good study in human interactions and personalities as the same arguments were put forward then and up to recently by the same people. I say that without rancour, just as an observation of how many people's attitudes to life and outlook influence their decision making and assessment of events.

One thing I will say with pleasure is that I call for the selection of Mowen back then, on the basis of form and potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.