• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs vs Brumbies @ Osfontein - 2011R11

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
55b7b198c9d94caf84db222f8b2366e9.jpg

Tin Ears look in much better shape for this match. Adriaan Strauss, Heinrich Brussouw, Frans Viljoen, Hennie Daniller and Rayno Benjamin while the Brumbies will welcome back Stephen Moore and Mitchell Chapman. Elsoms injured flared up again.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Call me ignorant but I am sick of the Tin ears line. I can't remember who it is and it may be funny in South Africa, I don't think it plays here. I've changed the thread to the Cheetahs. Inside it you can call them Tin Ears to your hearts' content. But in the thread title, let's make it understandable.

L

Lachlan

If I were a betting man I'd put my money on the Cheetahs at home. Should be close either way.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Tin Ears: 15 Riaan Viljoen, 14 Philip Burger, 13 Robert Ebersohn, 12 Corne Uys, 11 Ryno Benjamin, 10 Sias Ebersohn, 9 Sarel Pretorius, 8 Ashley Johnson, 7 Davon Raubenheimer, 6 Heinrich Brüssow, 5 Wilhelm Steenkamp, 4 Francois Uys, 3 WP Nel, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Coenie Oosthuizen.
Replacements: 16 Ryno Barnes, 17 Lourens Adriaanse, 18 Martin Muller, 19 Leon Karemaker, 20 Tewis de Bruyn, 21 Naas Olivier, 22 Hennie Daniller.

Date: Friday, April 29
Venue: Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein
Kick-off: 19.10 (17.10 GMT)
Referee: Marius Jonker (South Africa)

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Good god that's a front row I wouldn't like to pack against.

Paarl, I'm all for the use of Tin Ears for the Cheetahs but only once I know what it means! Could you clear up what on earth it means for us?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Good god that's a front row I wouldn't like to pack against.

Paarl, I'm all for the use of Tin Ears for the Cheetahs but only once I know what it means! Could you clear up what on earth it means for us?
Cheetahs is the SupeRugby name , was called for many a year VRYSTAAT = Free State or Orange Free State. Their nick was Blik Ore = Tin Ears and "Blik Ore" is the way we describe cauliflower ears , proud assets for fatties. They have produce some legend fatties in the past, so the real "Vrystater" is proudly "Blik Ore" = Tin Ears. A Cauliflower Ear looks like a empty trapped tin.

@Noddy: sorry for starting the thread like this, just my kak Boere habit I have, struggle to get rid of it, pretty much in the vains.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Phibbs set to replace Valentine this week for the Brumbies...

I can't believe I'm going to say that should be an improvement... *sigh*...

Nic White should've been brought in weeks ago...

Apparently the fly-half system will be scrapped... on one hand that's great, on the other it means that Giteau will probably go back to flyhalf and we'll probably see no more of the good work we've seen from him at 12...

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Cheetahs is the SupeRugby name , was called for many a year VRYSTAAT = Free State or Orange Free State. Their nick was Blik Ore = Tin Ears and "Blik Ore" is the way we describe cauliflower ears , proud assets for fatties. They have produce some legend fatties in the past, so the real "Vrystater" is proudly "Blik Ore" = Tin Ears. A Cauliflower Ear looks like a empty trapped tin.

@Noddy: sorry for starting the thread like this, just my kak Boere habit I have, struggle to get rid of it, pretty much in the vains.

Thanks Paarl. Can't ever say I don't learn anything here!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Tin Ears: 15 Riaan Viljoen, 14 Philip Burger, 13 Robert Ebersohn, 12 Corne Uys, 11 Ryno Benjamin, 10 Sias Ebersohn, 9 Sarel Pretorius, 8 Ashley Johnson, 7 Davon Raubenheimer, 6 Heinrich Brüssow, 5 Wilhelm Steenkamp, 4 Francois Uys, 3 WP Nel, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Coenie Oosthuizen.
Replacements: 16 Ryno Barnes, 17 Lourens Adriaanse, 18 Martin Muller, 19 Leon Karemaker, 20 Tewis de Bruyn, 21 Naas Olivier, 22 Hennie Daniller.

Date: Friday, April 29
Venue: Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein
Kick-off: 19.10 (17.10 GMT)
Referee: Marius Jonker (South Africa)

Suddenly that starts to look like a good team. I'll get up just to see Brussow again.Second best hooker in SA back on the park as well.

Cheetahs / Tin Ears / Vrystaat / Central Cheetahs / Boys from Bloem / Blomkool Boere by ten.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies
15 Pat McCabe
14 Adam Ashley-Cooper
13 Andrew Smith
12 Matt Giteau
11 Francis Fainifo
10 Christian Lealiifano
9 Patrick Phibbs
8 Colby Fainga'a
7 Michael Hooper
6 Mitchell Chapman
5 Mark Chisholm
4 Peter Kimlin
3 Dan Palmer
2 Stephen Moore
1 Ben Alexander

16 Huia Edmonda
17 Jono Owen
18 Ben Hand
19 Julian Salvi
20 Josh Valentine
21 Tyrone Smith
22 Robbie Coleman

No more tri halves it seems.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I have just heard the sound of hell freezing over.

This is great news, and puts Gits firmly in the frame for the Wallaby 12 shirt.

Colby at 8? Trying to run the Cheetahs off their feet perhaps.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's the word on Ita Vaea?

Surely he's injured not to make the starting side?

That team looks great otherwise...

Aside from that and no Nic White Rea has actually selected close to the kind of team I wanted...

I was afraid that Kimlin might get pushed back to the bench but thankfully common sense prevailed...

And Ma'afu dropped! Ha!

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
True To'omua hasn't been great or even good. Good to see kimlin at lock. Hopefully Vaea is just tactics/rest not injury.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Suddenly that starts to look like a good team. I'll get up just to see Brussow again.Second best hooker in SA back on the park as well.

Cheetahs / Tin Ears / Vrystaat / Central Cheetahs / Boys from Bloem / Blomkool Boere by ten.
Hope they patch up their defense.

Most Missed Tackles
1. Danny Cipriani (Rebels) 35
2. Sarel Pretorius (Cheetahs) 26
3. Ashley Johnson (Cheetahs) 25
4. Brett Sheehan (Force) 24
4. Nick Phipps (Rebels) 24
6. Cooper Vuna (Rebels) 23
6. Robert Ebersohn (Cheetahs) 23
8. Nasi Manu (Highlanders) 21
8. Sias Ebersohn (Cheetahs) 21
8. Victor Matfield (Bulls) 21