• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Brumbies in Hamilton 7/07/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs: Solomon Alaimalo, Toni Pulu, Sean Wainui, Charlie Ngatai (co-c), Shaun Stevenson, Damian McKenzie, Brad Weber, Liam Messam, Sam Cane (co-c), Luke Jacobson, Tyler Ardron, Michael Allardice, Angus Ta'avao, Nathan Harris, Karl Tu'inukuafe. Reserves: Samisoni Taukei'aho, Sam Prattley, Jeff Thwaites, Jesse Parete, Lachlan Boshier, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Marty McKenzie, Johnny Fa'auli.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies: 15. Tom Banks, 14. Henry Speight, 13. Tevita Kuridrani, 12. Kyle Godwin, 11. Andy Muirhead, 10. Christian Lealiifano (c), 9. Joe Powell, 8. Isi Naisarani, 7. David Pocock, 6. Tom Cusack, 5. Blake Enever, 4. Rory Arnold, 3. Allan Ala'alatoa, 2. Folau Fainga'a, 1. Nic Mayhew. Reserves: 16. Connal McInerney, 17. Ben Alexander, 18. Les Leuluaialii-Makin, 19. Richie Arnold, 20. Lachlan McCaffrey, 21. Matt Lucas, 22. Wharenui Hawera, 23. Lausii Taliauli.

Been fine but cool all week but meant to be wet from about late Saturday morning & staying on the cool side, 10C tops at kickoff (17:15 local) & Hamilton's one of those places that once the sun goes the temperature can drop real quick.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
McKenzie at 10 and Ngatai at 12 is the danger area for the Brumbies. They are all class and hugely dangerous attacking players.

With Retallick missing, I don't see a lot between the two packs. I expect Pocock to get as much attention off the ball this week as last. That seems to be the only way to blunt his effectiveness.

As much as I'd like to see the Brumbies get up, I just can't see them getting the win. Hopefully, though, it won't be a blow out like in the Chiefs/Highlanders game last week.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^^^^^ you've also got to avoid giving Alaimalo any space to get those legs going, the kid is lethally fast & Shaun Stevenson isn't far behind.

You got to think Alaimalo is destined for higher things in a couple of years don't you WOB? I think this got the makings of a good game, mind you when thinking of it so does the Clan/C'saders. You know for a comp that a lot are writing off I still right into it, and when you add that there still 10 teams that can make finals, it not all bad!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ so many talented outside backs coming through right now that some of them are gonna miss out but I suspect Alaimalo will end up playing Test footy for someone be it NZ or Samoa.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Alaimalo should keep working on his kicking game for his best opportunity to get into the NZ side. Ioane has locked down the non-kicking, tackle busting winger so there’ll be more opportunity at 14 or 15 for Alaimalo

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thanks to the Reds the Brumbies have something to play for.......... so they'll probably go back to their conservative no-risk rugby.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez just realised this a 3.15 game Brisbane time, might give club rugby a miss and watch this today!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Chiefs too good so far.......... their defence has been particularly excellent.

The Brumbies' ball control has been quite poor.

I'd like to see it again, but Fainga'a came off with a concussion after it looked like he copped a Chiefs shoulder to the head and no action taken.

I'm also not listening to the commentary so not sure why the Fainga'a try wasn't awarded?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The Chiefs too good so far.... their defence has been particularly excellent.

I'd like to see it again, but Fainga'a came off with a concussion after it looked like he copped a Chiefs shoulder to the head and no action taken.

I'm also not listening to the commentary so not sure why the Fainga'a try wasn't awarded?
The comms were saying Fainga’a copped a knee from his own player, so you might well be right. The one replay was not clear. A trailing Brumby boot hit him but it looked like the damage was done prior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

Not sure why the try wasnt awarded. Fainga'a coped a knee from a Brumbie during the cleanout. Right to the noggin.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Looked a bit like an elbow to Fainga'a's jaw area. Like you, I'm still in the dark as to why his try was disallowed. Looked fine to me.

What about the shoulder charge to Pocock's head while he was on the ground? On the ground and out of the ruck he should have been protected from that sort of foul play. NZ players the last couple of weeks are getting a reputation as being dirty players when it comes to negating Poey in the game.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Looked a bit like an elbow to Fainga'a's jaw area. Like you, I'm still in the dark as to why his try was disallowed. Looked fine to me.

What about the shoulder charge to Pocock's head while he was on the ground? On the ground and out of the ruck he should have been protected from that sort of foul play. NZ players the last couple of weeks are getting a reputation as being dirty players when it comes to negating Poey in the game.
That made me giggle.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Try to Henry then nearly a second. Lets get them!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.