• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Waratahs, 3pm AEST Sat 3rd June, FMG Stadium, Waikato

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
I dislike singling out individual players but Naiayavaro is the worst wing in the competition. His defence and general skillset is just not up to par- why do they keep persisting.
He is truly awful

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
hehe, he is pretty much allergic to turning around. although he does have good hands and really only needs about 5 metres in space and oh shit someone is going to have to tackle him, oops, trytime. Lowe didnt have a clue and looked like a tugboat trying to shepherd the QEII into drydock

Good hands?! I don't think he's even capable of passing.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
OK, again the Tahs did alright in patches.

If the actually get it together they could be formidable

Gee, Skelton is playing well, despite what many think, he will be missed, by the Tahs and the Wobs

His continual great defence where he grabs the unit and holds them up just give the defensive line those extra seconds without the Tahs having to commit more and requiring the Chiefs to throw units at him

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
OK, again the Tahs did alright in patches.

If the actually get it together they could be formidable

Gee, Skelton is playing well, despite what many think, he will be missed, by the Tahs and the Wobs

His continual great defence where he grabs the unit and holds them up just give the defensive line those extra seconds without the Tahs having to commit more and requiring the Chiefs to throw units at him

I agree about Skelton, although I was never a fan, I certainly think he has improved this year, shame he not a lineout precense as that is what stops him being a top line lock.
You right about Tahs doing well in patches, which is perhaps the Aussie teams problem, Reds are another one that for stretches of the match they look great, but gets ruined by10-20 minute spells where they seem to turn off.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I agree about Skelton, although I was never a fan, I certainly think he has improved this year, shame he not a lineout precense as that is what stops him being a top line lock.
You right about Tahs doing well in patches, which is perhaps the Aussie teams problem, Reds are another one that for stretches of the match they look great, but gets ruined by10-20 minute spells where they seem to turn off.
He will never be a presence, I just want him to not be a liability

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He will never be a presence, I just want him to not be a liability

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It has been a marginal improvement in that they use him a little more, but probably not enough to make other teams guess. I think his greater value is in setting a maul, and wrecking a maul, but not enough to negate the low level of activity as a receiver.

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
I've been a long- time lurker/ minimal poster but I remember back in the day when there was actual interest in the 'Tahs on thie site- now we're lucky to get 4 pages a game!

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
In regards to Skelton, he is very fit this year compared to previous years as well. He would have been an asset off the bench for the wallabies.
Except that every rugby related social media thread in the country would have gone into meltdown when he got selected.

That aside, I agree with you.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^^
Dunno about that. Stiles is still in first year whereas Gibson has been there for a bit longer.

Don't het me wrong I'm not over joyful about the record of Stiles

Status
Not open for further replies.