• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs vs Reds R9 Sat Apr 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
5 minutes to go Reds spoiled two Cheifs line outs in a row. Reds line out on half way. Genia and quade get the ball to the other side of the feild in two passes. Shipperly is having a quiet game aswell, hasnt been given much to deal with.
Cheifs give away another penalty by not joining the ruck correctly or something. Quade cant put the ball out and its a reds line out on half way again.

Quades kicking is really hit and miss this game.
2 minutes to go

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Cheifs using their inside balls effectivly and creating alot of holes. half time and genia chooses to kick the ball down feild into their half instead of into touch.
A knock on and they go into the change rooms, Reds 14 - 10 Chiefs

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
From what i can tell, Quade is playing alright... Genia is strong as usual, threatening at all times of the game.
Tapuai is solid, Fianga is meh, Davies playing well and shipperly also meh.

Reds - Tries to Shatchz and Davies. Qaude put through both conversions.

Cheifs - Try to Aki. Anscombe 2 from 3 i think.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Reds forwards on top after the 1st half. Some steely defence from them.

Cruden's kicking game going well with Chiefs playing down the right end.

Haven't seen the stats but seemed like a hell of a lot of errors by both sides

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Missed the restart but Anscombe is lining up a kick right infront. kicks into the wind and just makes it
Reds 14 - 13 Chiefs after 41 minutes

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Reds forwards picking and driving. after 5 phases. Cooper gahters the ball steps inside and scores under the posts! Wonderful try!

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Horwill not quick enough and opens up a gap for Cruden i think. Chips ahead but Genia is there to cover and takes the mark. Close call there!

Genia puts the ball down field. after 3 phases Davies gets another intercept. gives it to slipper i think who gives a shitty offload after being tackled to Lance who grubbers ahead and is beaten to the line by Anscombe. 22m drop out.

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Will genia Gives an awesome ball to Davies, Nic White style cutting out 5 players. and Davies goes over for a try!

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Cooper puts it through! 4 from 4 tonight.
28 - 13 to the reds in the 53rd minute
Shipperly off for Sautia

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Cheifs looking very dangerous with a bunch of fresh players out on the field. 5m out from Reds line. Penalty to Chiefs right in front.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Cruden bombs a try but penalty Chiefs right in front. Taking the 3.

Reds on final warning re a card.

Hope Reds can hold it together for the last 20 minutes.

28-16 Reds way now.

Status
Not open for further replies.