• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cipriani dumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
DT's Iain Payten just tweeted
BREAKING: Danny Cipriani has been cut from the Melbourne Rebels, with immediate effect.

Wonder what it could be this time?
Night club incident?
Wouldn't teach others to Dougie?
Hacked Google search engine?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unfortunately I'm not at work right now so I can't dig up anymore information...

Although, to be fair rugby hasn't caught the interest of the major broadcasters down here anyways...

"Danny who?"

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Apparently there is no 'incident', just a decision by the club to pay out his contract and part ways.

I wonder how much his recent shithouse form has to do with the decision...

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Apparently there is no 'incident', just a decision by the club to pay out his contract and part ways.

I wonder how much his recent shithouse form has to do with the decision...
Sorry, dont buy it. With no JOC (James O'Connor) it seems a very strange decision. IMHO they have been at there best with them at 10/12. Havent watched there last couple though.

mech4bg

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good riddance, hopefully J'OC and Beale settle down without him and there's a bit less drama at the club.

Am a bit sick of these guys overshadowing the quieter workhorses of the club, i.e. Gerrard, Pyle, Luke Jones, etc.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Good riddance, hopefully J'OC and Beale settle down without him and there's a bit less drama at the club.

Am a bit sick of these guys overshadowing the quieter workhorses of the club, i.e. Gerrard, Pyle, Luke Jones, etc.

Hear hear

But at the same time, his teammates will miss him - you don't spend that much time with someone and not have a bond. And although his antics have been train-wreck like, people (including his teammates) are always drawn to the guy who's having fun.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
What a contrast in the test and demonstration of superior character in two 'imported' players:

Delve: commitment, genuineness, humility, leadership, intense hard work, routine skill, top example to _all_ players, real contributor

Cipriani: casualness of attitude, vanity-driven life style, 'play well when in mood', poor example to young players, lazy when he wished, microscopic moments of leadership and talent for the team, far more take than give

Status
Not open for further replies.