• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Clermont finally wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
I didn't watch the game but it appears to have been a kick fest which is often the case for finals when teams go for any points possible. Others more knowledgable could possibly comment on the actual game or the Clermont hoodoo.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...ime-lucky-for-french-title-20100530-wmuj.html

My true intention of posting here is to comment on the French rugby fans. If only the ARU or the provincial clubs could generate a similar following in Oz! I meet with other expats dads every saturday morning in a playground near the Eiffel Tower and this saturday gone it was truly intense with all the rugby fans. There would have been no less than 30 bus loads of Perpignan fans on the Champs de Mars where they met for a huge pre-game drinks. There were a few Clermont fans there but it was far from rowdy or violent like it would have been if they were soccer fans. It had a real family feel to it. The best comparison I came up with was the AFL grand final parade in Melbourne but it was a purely fan based event and not official whatsoever. I know we have more codes in Oz and less people but ..... if only ........

I don't know if you are still out there DJOUDY68 but is it like this every year at Top 14 final time? What would it have been like in Clermont?

In other rugby news from here, France's Harinordoquy is out of the Argie and Saffer tour due to a rib injury. He makes a big impact for the French forwards and any hopes for a win v the Saffers are likely gone with the loss of him from the squad.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/harinordoquy-out-of-france-tour-20100531-wpue.html

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Guy I know is a Clermont fan.

To say he was a little tender - if still delighted - going out on the boat yesterday morning would be somewhat of an understatement. :D

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Yeah massive party even in Paris on the "rugby area" of the 5th arrondissement of Paris. I was at the stadium and this two crowds are amazing.
It is great for Clermont to finally win their first title.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
By the way I never understood why a Brock James never found a spot to play in the Super 14. He could be a perfect fly half for the Force or the Rebels next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.