• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Congratulations Richie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncher

Herbert Moran (7)
Some say he's a cheat, he manipulates the refs, he's constantly offside, his hands seem to be glued to the ball, he's a thorn in our side and has been for ever it seems.

But dam he's a great leader.

Massive congrats to Richie. Not only has he managed to play a million tests, but now he's about to CAPTAIN a test side for the 100th time. That's freakin incredible!!!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Richie is fast becoming or already is the greatest rugby player of all time. He truly is a phenomenon and deserves every award and any praise sent his way.

His game as evolved with the game and his age but there is no doubting the massive motor that drives him around. Seriously how does he keep going?

As for the cheating and offside comments the people saying them clearly haven't watched him play for a very long time because it's not part of the 2014 Richie I've been watching.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Proof of Sir Richie entering via the gate:
Richie-McCaw.jpg

Read more from the Source: http://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/all-b...ribute-to-captain-fantastic-richie-mccaw/2773

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is hard to imagine that 100 games and 10 years as Captain of a Tier 1 Rugby Nation will ever be beaten. Truly the GOAT.

Would have been nice if Oamaru was in South Australia, not South Canterbury.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think he is the greatest influence on All Blacks' victories in New Zealand rugby history.

Can any parallels be drawn with this current All Blacks' team and the great Australian cricket side of the 1990/00s?

Lots of confidence, myself included, as to the ability of Australian cricket to overcome the losses of their great players with new recruits. Didn't work out that way after a couple of years.

Carter and McCaw will inevitably retire from international rugby post RWC 2015.

I can't wait :)

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)
I think he is the greatest influence on All Blacks' victories in New Zealand rugby history.

Can any parrallels be drawn with this current All Blacks' team and the great Australian cricket side of the 1990s?

Lots of confidence, myself included, as to the ability of Australian cricket to overcome the losses of their great players with new recruits. Didn't work out that way after a couple of years.

Carter and McCaw will inevitably retire from international rugby post RWC 2015.

I can't wait :)

Interesting parallel, I remember a lot of people saying the second AUS XI was the second best team in the world as well (much as some people say about the AB's now). Turned out that some of these (still very good) 2nd stringers were made to look like world beaters largely because when they got a shot, they were backed up by the best in the world.

Unfortunately, even after the absolute cream left Australian cricket, they still dominated a fair bit for quite a while. Hopefully the AB's fall off quicker ;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I really believe he is best player I have seen in my life time anyway. He is by accounts a bloody nice person to know on top of it all. I think probably the thing that amazes me is how he has evolved his game so much, maybe to help with the aging bones, but also I think to play game as it has changed. A lot of good players become quite a bit less effective as they get worked out, Richie just seems to change his style to make it harder to stymie him!! Think Graham Henry may have summed him up when he said he has never been involved with a player that completely 'empties the tank' so completely when he plays, he said he just has nothing left when he leaves field.

BauerNZ

Frank Row (1)
Yea he's a special one. We've been pretty fortunate to say the least.

Still makes me laugh thinking back to when he made his debut and how Josh Kronfeld said he wasn't worthy at the time. I'm sure even Kronfeld can look back and laugh at that now.

On another note, anyone see the picture of his missus in the stands on the weekend? Bloody hell. The man can do no wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Squadron Leader R McCaw RNZAF reports for duty:

image.jpg

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...ck-Richie-McCaw-takes-to-skies-in-fighter-jet

What is it with AB's & our hockey gals? DC's other half was & possibly still is one as well.

The Womenfolk of New Zealand should form an orderly queue to sprog out the offspring of The G.O.A.T.

I myself am in the queue. No idea why.

You might be half a chance with some of the ex-Public School RAF types but the future Mrs McCaw doesn't have much to worry about, I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.