• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cooking meat outdoors

How should meat be cooked outdoors?

• Total voters

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Spare Ribs, Pizza, Chicken Snitzel, Chicken Cordon Blue, Beef and Chicken hamburgers, charge office coffee, Irish coffee, cheese cake with ice cream, crumbed mush rooms, prawns, chicken wings and breasts, exct
So that's the entree, do you have for your main?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Long time we smell a braai in the Aussie house. Time to step up. had my usual sunday choppie, sosatie , cheese pork sausage and roosterkoeke, watched some live hockey (HIJ) and enjoy the pool and charge office coffees.

braai.jpg

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
With all that perfectly cooked meat you chose to have a brandy and coke rather than a glass of good Paarl red wine! Shame on you, PB. :(

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
With all that perfectly cooked meat you chose to have a brandy and coke rather than a glass of good Paarl red wine! Shame on you, PB. :(
Its the Boer part of me Boet. I do have the occasionally wine, my Mrs is more in the wine side of it.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
OK forgot to post this nice pot I made over the festive season. Its the traditional Boland water blommetjie pot. Water blommetjies (direct translated "water flowers") you only get in the Boland dams and get picked in August/Sept and look like this when in flower
0934ee85-b715-4761-91cc-2eaf8e690da1.jpg

My potjie.

waterblomme.jpg

REDinCPT

Sydney Middleton (9)
Long time we smell a braai in the Aussie house. Time to step up. had my usual sunday choppie, sosatie , cheese pork sausage and roosterkoeke, watched some live hockey (HIJ) and enjoy the pool and charge office coffees.

braai.jpg

looks lekker oom, so does the Water blommetjies potjie. i hope you also had the boer musik going as well...

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
looks lekker oom, so does the Water blommetjies potjie. i hope you also had the boer musik going as well.
Nah cant sakkie sakkie while braaiing, past that stage. The best thing about braaiing for me is actually braaiing and thats why I love making the roosterkoeke, they need very low coals and a lot of turning. Braai meat always smell much better then the taste.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Red meat (pork&lamb) braai yesterday and had pap en sous for a change with home baked bread with proper butter. (At the top right my March lelies in flower, Maart lelies comes from my rooted Namaqualand area, they only flower in march but in the wetter Paarl area they are a bit earlier)

Kat2_zps06fabb33.jpeg

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Decided to braai three storeys of meat yesterday to celebrate three SA victories over the NZ sides. Cheetahs the kaas en boereworse with roosterkoeke, the one victory I enjoyed the most.

Braai1_zps546b4fbd.jpeg

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Do you have any compassion for those fat people on diets Paarl? That food looks sensational.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Do you have any compassion for those fat people on diets Paarl? That food looks sensational.
Sorry Boet, I just love braaiing. On saturday morning I braaied from 7 till 12 the afternoon for our local old age home bazaar wors for their boerewors rolls. Selling for R12 and we did +-1600, then drove through to Somerset West for linewalking for my son and only got home around 8 the evening. Missed all the live matches but then some things in life is much more important then rugby.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Sorry Paarl. I was being sarcastic. Keep chucking up your brai posts. This is one of the best threads on the forum.

What marinade have you got on those T Bones in the picture a few posts above?