• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cooper - Good or Great rugby player - discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldpig

Stan Wickham (3)
Firstly, congratulations to the AB's you played the better game. Just hope the French have one last game left in them.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! What the f#$% just happened?
So I ask again, is QC (Quade Cooper) a good or great? No he is shit, sorry but can we please stop pretending this guy has any balls. He doesn't and its about time we accepted the fact that QC (Quade Cooper) is a good S15 player but he can't cut it on an international level. The kick off...............guess what, out on the full. At this level he just fell on his sword and the end was nigh. We looked like 15 stunned rabbits in the head lights tonight.
The ref probably had $100 on the Ab's to win based on some of the calls, but we didn't help. To to blame Deanes for this is wrong. The boys just left there best in the shed tonight and were not even in the game. If someone try's to justify QC (Quade Cooper)'s existence on the field thru his drop goal you are living in LA LA land.
Robbie, great game plan, play what is in front of you, but someone needed to tell QC (Quade Cooper) about your plan because he wasn't reading the same play book as every one else during this. Maybe he was thinking you would put it on Facebook or Twitter so he could check it out with Steffie then get some in put from Sonny and Tony at half time and all would be good.
Note to QC (Quade Cooper), pull your head out of you arse, stop thinking you are someone really important and go and play RL.
Just a thought, Robbie if we don't have the ball and we keep kicking it away how are we going to score tries?
This is a simple game f#$%#$ up by very smart people. I am so depressed, 4 more years. We could have won tonight, the AB's didn't play great rugby, but they held the ball and used it. We chose to give it to QC (Quade Cooper) and then hope he would something clever ( in other words pull a rabbit out of his arse) ir didn't happen. This is a 15 man game and if we continue to put one or two player on a pedestal then we can only expect failure.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Well, in four years time Quade Cooper will either be absolutely amazing or playing League.

The 2011 RWC wasn't his moment in the sun.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Campo is highly knowledgable about our game, called on to consult everywhere but Oz becauae too many can't handle having their egos deflated here. A couple of years shop he got huge credit for his input at the Sharks backs. So to disparage him for telling the truth as he sees it is pretty weak.

QC (Quade Cooper) is a supremely gifted player, but the mantle of "Great" puts no won in a season, it takes IMO a long service of World Class performances to earth that accolade and few do it, Campo, Horan, Eales, NFJ, Ella, are about it from Oz IMO. Others have been world class for a season our so but longevity is the key or supreme performance. QC (Quade Cooper) has the potential to be regarded as great just not yet.

Campo and QC (Quade Cooper) are/were quite similar. Athletically supremely gifted. Not necessarily the greatest team players. I have never heard anyone, including those who coached and played with him, describe Campo as knowledgeable. I think he suffers from the fact that he cannot understand how it is that mere mortals could not do what he did - if you are trying to build a game what you need to do is plan it so that the QCs and Campos are given opportunities because their gifts will convert the smallest opportunities.
With Campo they got it right by playing him at wing and fullback despite the press and pundits clamoring for him to play at 10.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Campo and QC (Quade Cooper) are/were quite similar. Athletically supremely gifted. Not necessarily the greatest team players. I have never heard anyone, including those who coached and played with him, describe Campo as knowledgeable. I think he suffers from the fact that he cannot understand how it is that mere mortals could not do what he did - if you are trying to build a game what you need to do is plan it so that the QCs and Campos are given opportunities because their gifts will convert the smallest opportunities.
With Campo they got it right by playing him at wing and fullback despite the press and pundits clamoring for him to play at 10.

thing is that campo was on wing. So he wasn't so involved in the game all the time

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I've found the general reaction towards Quade throughout the tournment by Australian fans to be disgusting. I would not blame him for switching codes in a years time after the all the shit he gets from the general public.

The whole reaction from Australian fans is disgusting.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I've found the general reaction towards Quade throughout the tournment by Australian fans to be disgusting. I would not blame him for switching codes in a years time after the all the shit he gets from the general public.

Do you mean bagging him?

JimboJoe1006

Chris McKivat (8)

It was part of a grand plan to encourage him to switch over..

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)

Have said before I think he was been really badly handled by management. the australian management inflamed the hate instead of diffusing it. No good saying that he loved the pressure and hate when every action on field said it was getting to him

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Even the treatment he got tonight when in fact he wasn't even that bad, he was one of the few who stood up in the second half.

Oh well, maybe I'm just a fanboy who can't look past the way he guided my beloved Queensland to the title.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)

Remember the Benny Hill goof up Youtube video from about 4years ago? Even as a teenager coming through the ranks he was targeted and belittled. He must have a great passion for the game to keep getting up after all he cops from not only the opposition but also from the Wallaby supports week in and to keep his position outlook. Gotta feel for him a bit.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Have said before I think he was been really badly handled by management. the australian management inflamed the hate instead of diffusing it. No good saying that he loved the pressure and hate when every action on field said it was getting to him

Same manager as SBW - who still hasn't signed with the NZRU: rumour both will be at Roosters. Cooper could get lost, emotionally, in league: he seems very immature. Hope Steph is a steadying influence for his sake.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Quade and his management have acted like knobs over the past 2 years. Australian Rugby stood by him when he got arrested and one of the rest things he did was hold them to ransom by threatening to walk out. He brought all this on himself.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Quade and his management have acted like knobs over the past 2 years. Australian Rugby stood by him when he got arrested and one of the rest things he did was hold them to ransom by threatening to walk out. He brought all this on himself.

Glad you said it and not me.
I dont think that Aussies like arrogance in our heroes - arrogance makes them villains

JimboJoe1006

Chris McKivat (8)
Quade is a liability, he buckles under the pressure. He plays well when everyone is playing well, big deal. He makes the simple things look hard and the hard things look impossible. 10 is the place for cool head, Quade cannot steady a ship.

I hope he goes to League, no joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.