• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket Summer 2023-24

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Totally thought we were going to be rolled this morning - I tell you what this game has changed positions so many times.

But our batsmen have been hiding behind our bowling quartet for so long it's not funny. They have been so fragile since at least half way through the Ashes.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Southee has given himself the ball around every session change and new ball. He’s got an opportunity here to vindicate himself and cap off 100 tests with a fantastic win however I can’t help but feel that this has been a mistake in his captaincy.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I think they need Southee & Henry to bowl almost all of it and Sears if they get to the Bowlers to let rip yorkers.

Phillips could be worth a couple overs before they get to less than 50.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Marsh gone for 80. Scored more than the 5 batters before him conbined.

59 runs to get, could go either way.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NZ may regret burning that first review. The second one was fair enough, Marsh only barely hit it & it certainly looked like boot before bat live & from at least one replay angle but for the first there was clear daylight between bat & ball, no sound & no deviation.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
I don’t know if these NZ cricketers are just so chill that you can’t see the disappointment that they do feel but the way they talk after these matches is so damp.

Let’s be frank - Southee was terrible this series. He wouldn’t have knocked the nails off with his bowling, the plans were so dozy, fielding lacklustre and selections were off but that might not be on him.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
...I think we're about 50 runs short & will lose by two or three wickets.

Called it, unfortunately:(

Great match & series but Aus just too good across both formats.

Time for NZ to move on from Southee, he's been a great servant but time has well & truly caught up with him. Assuming KW doesn't want the job back Latham should be captain next time out.

Last edited:

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
That effort was definitely NZ snatching defeat from the jaws of victory stuff - just like the Wallabies against the ABs so many times (not including the cricket score thumpings we get).

I was surprised Henry didn't come back and bowl straight after lunch. There were just so many missed opportunities.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Ellyse Perry is a freak. Took 6-15 for RCB over night. Didn't even know she bowled, comes out casually with,

"I really enjoy bowling, I've been working on it a bit, especially with my coaches back home."

A part timer, who's having a dabble. Sheesh.